Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

Gaga will put in another bid for next year. She will try to top her.

I don't think they will have 2 gay shows in a row. I think they will go back to country or rock for next year.

I think I love about the Madonna is all the beautiful imagery . Stunning visuals .No throwing blood , coming out of an Egg 'Vessel' thing , dressed up as a man ( Epic Fail BTW) etc.

Madonna's performance was just full of LUV and JOY.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/08/short-news-world-tour-fashion-super-bowl-and-what-they-have-to-say-about-madonna/

Nicki Minaj and M.I.A’s Costume Sketches

Milanese designer Fausto Puglisi’s Grecian was enlisted by Madonna to create Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.’s wardrobes for their Super Bowl halftime show.

He told Style.com…

“This was the most incredible and extreme experience ever.

It’s Madonna—to work with her is an honor.

The Roman Empire history and the emperor power is part of my DNA—I’m obsessed with Caligula and Caesar and Roman tradition and I always loved to mix this with American sportswear touches.”

Check out the designer’s sketches of the costumes…

madonna-fausto-puglisi-superbowl2012-nicki-minaj.jpg

madonna-fausto-puglisi-superbowl2012-mia.jpg

Fausto is not from Milan ...he is from Messina Sicily ....

Final Ratings, by 15-minute intervals (as posted at TV By the Numbers):

Super Bowl XLVI

6:31-6:45

- 96.089 million viewers

- 41.6/68 HH

- 34.4/77 A18-49

6:45-7:00

- 102.106 million viewers

- 43.4/70 HH

- 36.6/78 A18-49

7:00-7:15

- 106.719 million viewers

- 45.1/71 HHh

- 38.3/79 A18-49

7:15-7:30

- 109.070 million viewers

- 45.8/71 HH

- 39.2/78 A18-49

7:30-7:45

- 111.339 million viewers

- 46.6/72 HH

- 40.0/79 A18-49

7:45-8:00

- 110.468 million viewers

- 46.1/70 HH

- 39.9/78 A18-49

8:00-8:15

- 115.925 million viewers

- 48.4/73 HH

- 42.3/81 A18-49

8:15-8:30

- 112.135 million viewers

- 46.4/69 HH

- 40.7/77 A18-49

8:30-8:45

- 114.088 million viewers

- 47.4/70 HH

- 41.7/78 A18-49

8:45-9:00

- 114.601 million viewers

- 48.1/70 HH

- 42.0/77 A18-49

9:00-9:15

- 114.825 million viewers

- 48.4/70 HH

- 42.3/77 A18-49

9:15-9:30

- 115.944 million viewers

- 49.3/70 HH

- 42.9/77 A18-49

9:30-9:45

- 118.355 million viewers

- 50.9/72 HH

- 43.9/78 A18-49

9:45-9:58

- 116.909 million viewers

- 50.4/72 HH

- 43.5/77 A18-49

what. time did the Madonna show began??was it 8:00 or 8:15??

Raider- the nearly 116m figure is for 8:00-8:15 (M's set ended around 8:13); the ratings dropped a little the next 15 minutes, giving the half hour an average of 114 million. :)

so you mean the show.started at exactly 8pm?

OMG !

I would have sold a baby that I don't have just for a chance to be there !

That was Spectacular !

Guest boytoyville

Madonna reportedly furious at M.I.A.Feb. 7, 2012, 6:32 AM EST

WENN

Madonna is furious with M.I.A. for flipping her middle finger during her Super Bowl set on Sunday, according to a U.K. report.

The London rapper has come under fire for making the obscene gesture as she joined Madonna's half-time spectacular, which was watched by 111.3 million American viewers.

Bing: Piers Morgan slams Madonna as 'gruesome'

The Material Girl had promised TV producers she wouldn't break any indecency rules, set in place after Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe malfunction in 2004, and she's said to be fuming over M.I.A.'s rude gesture.

A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Madonna wasn't impressed. She prides herself on professionalism. M.I.A. did nothing similar in rehearsals. Nobody knew she was going to pull this stunt.

"Madonna wanted to put on a world-beating performance. But everyone ended up talking about this girl's middle finger."

Bosses at NBC have been forced to issue a statement about the controversial incident after receiving a flood of complaints. A spokesperson says, "We apologize for the inappropriate gesture that aired during half time. It was a spontaneous gesture that our delay system caught late."

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=701529

Madonna reportedly furious at M.I.A.Feb. 7, 2012, 6:32 AM EST

WENN

Madonna is furious with M.I.A. for flipping her middle finger during her Super Bowl set on Sunday, according to a U.K. report.

The London rapper has come under fire for making the obscene gesture as she joined Madonna's half-time spectacular, which was watched by 111.3 million American viewers.

Bing: Piers Morgan slams Madonna as 'gruesome'

The Material Girl had promised TV producers she wouldn't break any indecency rules, set in place after Janet Jackson's infamous wardrobe malfunction in 2004, and she's said to be fuming over M.I.A.'s rude gesture.

A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Madonna wasn't impressed. She prides herself on professionalism. M.I.A. did nothing similar in rehearsals. Nobody knew she was going to pull this stunt.

"Madonna wanted to put on a world-beating performance. But everyone ended up talking about this girl's middle finger."

Bosses at NBC have been forced to issue a statement about the controversial incident after receiving a flood of complaints. A spokesperson says, "We apologize for the inappropriate gesture that aired during half time. It was a spontaneous gesture that our delay system caught late."

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=701529

I would be furious also, it was clear from all the interviews that Madonna simply wanted to put on a GOOD show and it be controversy free. As made evident by her "no nipples" comments :lol:

Although I think people are overreacting just a BIT with the whole finger thing, MIA could have saved it. This wasn't HER moment nor her show, I don't know why she thought it would be ok. Especially considering Madonna had no clue.

If you are going to do something on THAT stage, at least clear it with Madonna.

It was totally tacky and just makes me hate her.

Why is everyone so upset about her putting her middle finger up -she does it in the video too. It's a tiresome and vulgar habit that modern celebrities go in for these days, it speaks an ego trip and utter disrespect for your audience, but it's everywhere these days, why are we so surprised? Rihanna is doing it in practically every photoshoot I see of her.

Why is everyone so upset about her putting her middle finger up -she does it in the video too. It's a tiresome and vulgar habit that modern celebrities go in for these days, it speaks an ego trip and utter disrespect for your audience, but it's everywhere these days, why are we so surprised? Rihanna is doing it in practically every photoshoot I see of her.

Like I said, personally I really don't care :lmao:

HOWEVER.

If the report is true....about Madonna being pissed then I would understand.

The Superbowl isn't the place for certain things.

Half the stuff Rihanna does in her videos would not be allowed on a stage like that :lol:

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-08-madonna-dominated-google-hot-trends-on-super-bowl-sundayHere were the top 10 Google Hot Trends from Super Bowl Sunday:

1. super bowl score

2. madonna halftime show

3. josh powell

4. madonna half time show

5. madonna half time

6. madonna

7. what time is the super bowl 2012

8. kickoff time super bowl 2012

9. best superbowl commercials

10. madonna super bowl halftime

Guest Xanthium

I'm sorry but the middle finger was totally supposed to happen. I mean, HELLO, she does the same exact thing in the music video. To think that Madonna wasn't involved is naive. It gives the performance a bit of controversy but the heat falls on M.I.A. not Madonna. So Madonna ends up the good cop while M.I.A. the bad cop, which I'm sure she loves. And I'm sure M.I.A. couldn't give a rat's ass if the American public gets angry with her. The majority don't even know who the fuck she is and wouldn't buy her records anyway. And she didn't say "shit" she said "shhhhh", believe me I rewound it several times to make sure.

I'm sorry but the middle finger was totally supposed to happen. I mean, HELLO, she does the same exact thing in the music video. To think that Madonna wasn't involved is naive. It gives the performance a bit of controversy but the heat falls on M.I.A. not Madonna. So Madonna ends up the good cop while M.I.A. the bad cop, which I'm sure she loves. And I'm sure M.I.A. couldn't give a rat's ass if the American public gets angry with her. The majority don't even know who the fuck she is and wouldn't buy her records anyway. And she didn't say "shit" she said "shhhhh", believe me I rewound it several times to make sure.

:thumbsup:

agreed. Madonna knew it would happen and like she would give a fuck about flipping the bird. jeez

Agreed.