Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/07/cee-lo-green-and-lmfao-on-collaborating-with-madonna/

Cee Lo Green and LMFAO on Collaborating with Madonna

Madonna rang up Cee Lo Green several months back about performing “Like a Prayer” during the Super Bowl halftime show, and he didn’t give it a second thought.

He told MTV…

“I was asked – cordially invited – by Madonna to be a part of it and, of course, very eagerly obliged.

So it was basically as simple as that.

It was kind of like a no-brainer.

Working with Madonna is a very simple process.

She’s a very hard worker, quite the perfectionist, and we worked awfully hard for that entire 12-minute performance to be as close to perfection as possible.”

LMFAO’s members also praised Madonna…

Seconds before she took the stage for the Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday, ET chatted with Madonna, who expressed her excitement and readiness for the big performance…

After the show, ET met up with LMFAO Redfoo and SkyBlu, who expressed their humility in performing alongside the legendary Madonna…

Redfoo: “She’s amazing. [it was] such an amazing experience working with her.”

SkyBlu : “Every time she’d come over at practice, I was like… hands sweating, like yeah, Madonna.”

As for Madonna, when asked after her halftime performance by The Insider’s Kevin Frazier as to what was next after conquering the Super Bowl, she jokingly replied …

“The White House! I’m gonna rock the White House.”

I read this in another forum. I liked it:

"What people fail to grasp is that practically the Super Bowl and the Halftime Show are an American (United States) holiday. After MJ's 1993 Halftime Show it became an important show to perform based on how many people tune in and watch (millions becoming a #1 show). The World Cup has almost a billion people tune in, but the US hardly pays attention to it, so its not relevant (especially since the WC happen every 4 years). The Super Bowl is every year and you're expected to bring your best to the American stage.

Madonna delivered, albeit a lip-synced performance, due to no sound-check time during the Super Bowl, she kicked ass. She didn't want to risk the whole performance on her vocals and make the whole show fail because of criticism [no matter what she'd be slammed]. She focused on the theatrics and entertainment value that she is associated with and renowned for. The 2 fumbles she had were caused by her torn hamstring on her left leg from rehearsals. If you guys noticed, she was on the bleacher, but the leg couldn't hold the weight when she lifted her right half up, so she lost balance and used her right leg. The second time it was her left leg again, this time slipping when she walked over to LMFAO. You guys could see her stances be more right oriented during the performance (VOGUE especially).

Lastly, many people forget about the symbolism and what this meant for Madonna. It took 6 years for the NFL to get Madonna after many people wanted her the 2006 Halftime. Madonna used this to promote obviously, but most importantly to send a clear message; "I'm the Pop Queen." If you guys have looked into how Madonna works; she's very elaborate and detail oriented. She uses certain symbolism on purpose; it's not like she was told "do Egyptian iconography", she connected each performance to her halftime theme. The main theme of the show was Polytheism - Greek, Egyptian, and Nordic stylization - a theme she's never done before. The core concept of the theme was deities and various gods (she's the queen of pop remember?). Even if people tuned in for 2 minutes for the performance, the image they saw was the Queen on her throne (very Cleopatra like) with the letters MDNA (which holds 3 meanings remember) painted on the backrest of her gold seat. It was her fist time at America's #1 television event and she wanted to make sure her entrance was grand and spectacular.

Furthermore, using the ancient imagery, she made a connection with her legacy in pop music, just as the Egyptians and Greeks did in terms of western civilization and culture. You can't get away from Madonna in pop music and culture (fashion, videography, etc) she's connecting everything that everyone acknowledges about her career in her 12 minute show.

Vogue = She's a queen. The first queen of the television era like Cleopatra was for Egyptian civilization.

Music = "Brings the people together" just how polytheism has rituals that bring groups together.

Give Me All Your Luvin' = Promo (with references to her, of course)

Open Your Heart / Express Yourself = How people open their hearts to gods, expressing one's affinity to a higher being.

Like A Prayer = Polytheism, world peace based on religion and belief in a god. She uses it to finish her set and send the message of world peace. [Her personal beliefs play part too, obviously.]

She performed all this with the help of LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A, Ceelo Green, AND cirque de Soli [who were fantastic of course], but one thing remained; Madonna was at the center of it all. None of them overshadowed her or took the spotlight away from the star. Just look back and look at all the small details and you can see how Madonna kept people on the edge of their seat. Being 55 years old won't limit her, and ageism along with sexism won't keep her from doing what she does best. She's labeled a queen for a reason. She made sure the U.S. (and the world) saw the Pop Queen at America's grandest stage and not letting them forget who she is: Madonna the Queen of Pop, now, always, and forever. She isn't going anywhere anytime soon."

Guest groovyguy

I read this in another forum. I liked it:

"What people fail to grasp is that practically the Super Bowl and the Halftime Show are an American (United States) holiday. After MJ's 1993 Halftime Show it became an important show to perform based on how many people tune in and watch (millions becoming a #1 show). The World Cup has almost a billion people tune in, but the US hardly pays attention to it, so its not relevant (especially since the WC happen every 4 years). The Super Bowl is every year and you're expected to bring your best to the American stage.

Madonna delivered, albeit a lip-synced performance, due to no sound-check time during the Super Bowl, she kicked ass. She didn't want to risk the whole performance on her vocals and make the whole show fail because of criticism [no matter what she'd be slammed]. She focused on the theatrics and entertainment value that she is associated with and renowned for. The 2 fumbles she had were caused by her torn hamstring on her left leg from rehearsals. If you guys noticed, she was on the bleacher, but the leg couldn't hold the weight when she lifted her right half up, so she lost balance and used her right leg. The second time it was her left leg again, this time slipping when she walked over to LMFAO. You guys could see her stances be more right oriented during the performance (VOGUE especially).

Lastly, many people forget about the symbolism and what this meant for Madonna. It took 6 years for the NFL to get Madonna after many people wanted her the 2006 Halftime. Madonna used this to promote obviously, but most importantly to send a clear message; "I'm the Pop Queen." If you guys have looked into how Madonna works; she's very elaborate and detail oriented. She uses certain symbolism on purpose; it's not like she was told "do Egyptian iconography", she connected each performance to her halftime theme. The main theme of the show was Polytheism - Greek, Egyptian, and Nordic stylization - a theme she's never done before. The core concept of the theme was deities and various gods (she's the queen of pop remember?). Even if people tuned in for 2 minutes for the performance, the image they saw was the Queen on her throne (very Cleopatra like) with the letters MDNA (which holds 3 meanings remember) painted on the backrest of her gold seat. It was her fist time at America's #1 television event and she wanted to make sure her entrance was grand and spectacular.

Furthermore, using the ancient imagery, she made a connection with her legacy in pop music, just as the Egyptians and Greeks did in terms of western civilization and culture. You can't get away from Madonna in pop music and culture (fashion, videography, etc) she's connecting everything that everyone acknowledges about her career in her 12 minute show.

Vogue = She's a queen. The first queen of the television era like Cleopatra was for Egyptian civilization.

Music = "Brings the people together" just how polytheism has rituals that bring groups together.

Give Me All Your Luvin' = Promo (with references to her, of course)

Open Your Heart / Express Yourself = How people open their hearts to gods, expressing one's affinity to a higher being.

Like A Prayer = Polytheism, world peace based on religion and belief in a god. She uses it to finish her set and send the message of world peace. [Her personal beliefs play part too, obviously.]

She performed all this with the help of LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A, Ceelo Green, AND cirque de Soli [who were fantastic of course], but one thing remained; Madonna was at the center of it all. None of them overshadowed her or took the spotlight away from the star. Just look back and look at all the small details and you can see how Madonna kept people on the edge of their seat. Being 55 years old won't limit her, and ageism along with sexism won't keep her from doing what she does best. She's labeled a queen for a reason. She made sure the U.S. (and the world) saw the Pop Queen at America's grandest stage and not letting them forget who she is: Madonna the Queen of Pop, now, always, and forever. She isn't going anywhere anytime soon."

:thumbsup:

ceelo-madonna.jpg

STATS: Cee Lo Was More Popular Than Madonna In The Super Bowl Halftime Show

SOURCE: Business Insider

Think headliner Madonna was the highlight of Sunday night's Super Bowl halftime show performance?

Think again.

According to ClearSpring, the most tweeted about/Facebooked/e-mailed/printed/overall social-media's most clicked upon celeb of the night was none other than Cee Lo Green.

Cee Lo beat out not only Madonna as the most talked about on the internet during the big game, but also Kelly Clarkson, M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj.

After taking the stage dressed as a band leader and dueting with Madonna on "Express Yourself" and the grand finale, "Like a Prayer," Cee Lo fans freaked, causing his online presence to surge to over 2,000 percent above normal—and nearly double any other Super Bowl act.

Cee Lo couldn't be reached for comment but we have a feeling we know what he would say to his competition and haters: "Forget You."

Check out the chart below that proves Cee Lo's online popularity:

ejaloz.png

tumblr_lz13voLUTj1r3u0x4o1_400.gif

I dont believe it one bit! :thumbsdown:

I dont believe it one bit! :thumbsdown:

Okay that's retarded. INCREASE in interest. All the graph shows is that there was little interest online for Cee lo in the first place. :doh:

article-0-119DD68E000005DC-852_634x478.jpg

So much less tacky and more historically accurate than Kylie's men in gold helmets. :|

Yeah. Madonna is such a copycat. Still, I'm gonna enjoy my river rapids seat in the waterfall section of Gang bang 2012 tour.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/08/short-news-world-tour-fashion-super-bowl-and-what-they-have-to-say-about-madonna/

Neil Patrick Harris: Madonna is amazing!

According to the Daily News, Madonna was overheard saying she hoped to “bring gay to the Super Bowl,” and that’s exactly what she did. A-list couple Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka showed their pigskin pride this weekend in Indianapolis. Neil said…

“I know nothing about football, but I was in town to see Madonna.

She is amazing. I just hope she doesn’t play it safe.

When you play to a billion people you are under a lot of pressure to tone it down.”

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/08/short-news-world-tour-fashion-super-bowl-and-what-they-have-to-say-about-madonna/

Madonna’s show a fabulous experience for local choir members

Dana Luetzelschwab-Voigt, from the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, who sang with Madonna during the Super Bowl halftime show, recently said…

“Nothing compared to actually being on the field for the show itself. I thought I had finally gotten over being star-struck and being amazed at everything that’s being done, then I was on the field and I was a kid. I was a kid again. That was just an amazing thing, to feel the energy of the choir, the energy of the audience was just fabulous.

Guest groovyguy

Words from Riccardo Tisci

Riccardo Tisci, Givenchy Haute Couture Designer, speaks about the Super Bowl and his collaboration with Madonna…

“Following my collaboration with Madonna on her last tour three years ago, it is a great honor for me to be a part of yet another historical and iconic moment.

People say everything has a limit, but limits do not exist with Madonna.

I am so happy that, after being busy in other scenes, she decided to go back on a music stage.

Not only to bring us Music, but also to make such a statement of Performance and Fashion.”

Guest groovyguy

Nicki Minaj and M.I.A’s Costume Sketches

Milanese designer Fausto Puglisi’s Grecian was enlisted by Madonna to create Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.’s wardrobes for their Super Bowl halftime show.

He told Style.com…

“This was the most incredible and extreme experience ever.

It’s Madonna—to work with her is an honor.

The Roman Empire history and the emperor power is part of my DNA—I’m obsessed with Caligula and Caesar and Roman tradition and I always loved to mix this with American sportswear touches.”

Check out the designer’s sketches of the costumes…

madonna-fausto-puglisi-superbowl2012-nicki-minaj.jpg

madonna-fausto-puglisi-superbowl2012-mia.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/07/madonna-gets-biggest-tv-audience-in-us-history-and-breaks-record-on-twitter/

HALFTIME SHOW FEATURING MADONNA IS MOST-WATCHED EVER:

The halftime performance by Madonna (8-8:30), was seen by 114.0 million viewers, and is the most-watched Super Bowl Halftime Show featuring entertainment ever (dating back to 1991).

The halftime viewership 18.3 million more than NBC’s last Super Bowl.

The halftime show earned a 47.4 household rating, six percent higher than last year (44.7/68), and is the highest-rated halftime show featuring entertainment ever.

Madonna’s performance during halftime of the Super Bowl also produced 10,245 tweets per second, one of the busiest moments in Twitter history, and averaged 8,000 TPS for five minutes. Less than a third of those tweets were negative while 59% were positive and 11% were neutral, WiredSet CEO Mark Ghuneim revealed in a tweet Monday morning.

The halftime performance topped recent events regarded for their online reaction. The 2011 MTV Music Awards – one of the most social TV events ever – had a peak TPS of 8,868, according to a Twitter recap of top 2011 events. Steve Jobs’ resignation had a peak TPS of 7,064 while his death had a peak of 6,049. The BET Awards in June had a high TPS of 6,436.

The impact of Madonna’s halftime show continues to ripple across the Internet. By Monday morning people were sharing links with dates for the singer’s 2012 tour and discussing everything from the economic impact of the performance to her 48.1 rating (up 1% from the Black Eyed Peas last year). Interscope took advantage of the Super Bowl performance by taking to Twitter to remind Madonna fans to pre-order her album at iTunes and get an immediate download of “Give Me All Your Lovin’,” one of the songs in her halftime medley.

Finally, Google has revealed the Super Bowl search trends.

Overall, the top trending searches on “Google” during the game was “Madonna.”

Above all the players, Madonna took the spotlight as the most-searched term during the game.