Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

I'm SO SO happy she did Like A Prayer - it's everyone's favorite. Althought I wish Ray of Light/Holiday was used instead of Music.

There was more than enough time to add another two songs to that set list. There was a lot of wasted time with dub step (whatever that DJ shit is called), and remix sounds.

I can't get over it! It was amazing! Everyone at Boxers went CRAZY like we were all at the show! The entire room was vibrating. My only little critisism was that she didn't move as much as she normally does but I think It was more of a "careful, I don't want to trip) look up until she got on top of LMFAO and then she looked relieved( we're halfway there, I made it!) and got comfortable. I also thought the cameras panned out on certain parts that showed her move more, like in the beginning of Vogue choreography and when MIA flipped the finger, Madonna was doing her "lay on my back against the stage" bit.

She mimed through most of it (or all of it?) but I loved the way she sounded especially during the break for GMAYL. LAP was amazing and the way she disappeared was awesome. I LOVED it. Really, it was a great sign of things to come. Oh and the Giants won, so it made the party 1000000 x's better! They played Madonna the rest of the night. Randomly they even played I'll Remember and Crazy for You...amazing night.

obviously its THE GREATEST HALFTIME PERFORMANCE EVER everything about the performance was sickening and amazing but the one part that stuck out to me was the beginning with vogue i mean house of ninja + madonna = comatose for me its not even funny. the strut.. the dancers.. the romanian queen theme out of like 300.. especially the house of ninja dancers SERRRRRVING IT with attitude glamour just A-MAH-ZINGGGGG!

what asian dancer took a picture with lola im confused?

and the house of ninja dancers with the glasses and mask were sickening and also the guard to madonnas right!!!!! VOGUE WAS EVERYYYYTHING!

i'm curious how they got them to LIGHT UP

When people get to their seat they find little... devices that light up is the best way to describe it with a note that instructs them to light them up at a specific moment during the event. Again, look at Olympic opening/closing ceremonies and the like.

There are also ushers in the aisles that hold up those things they hold at airports for the airplanes to land when the crowd is supposed to do a synchronized movement like hold something up or light something up.

On another note, did anyone notice the guy with the goatee that was initially behind Cee Lo on the second row during LAP? I wonder if he was part of that gey mens choir. He was SO CUTE but had extreme gay face.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.etonline.com/music/118736_LMFAO_on_Working_With_Madonna_for_Super_Bowl/index.html

LMFAO on Working With Madonna for Super Bowl

madonna_golf_cart_120206_640.jpg

Seconds before she took the stage for the Super Bowl halftime show on Sunday, ET chatted with Madonna, who expressed her excitement and readiness for the big performance.

After the show, we met up with LMFAO, who expressed their humility in performing alongside the legendary Madonna.

"She's amazing," Redfoo said."[it was] such an amazing experience working with her."

SkyBlu chimed in with his own awe-inspired remarks, explaining what it was like for him to interact with the Queen of Pop.

"Every time she'd come over at practice, I was like…hands sweating, like yeah, Madonna," the 25-year-old admitted.

The duo performed a remix of their hit "Sexy and I Know It" with Madonna during the halftime show.

On another note, did anyone notice the guy with the goatee that was initially behind Cee Lo on the second row during LAP? I wonder if he was part of that gey mens choir. He was SO CUTE but had extreme gay face.

Yes i noticed him and thought the same!

I personally thought that the show was fantastic

I just spoke to a woman in my office who was at the superbowl (I didn't want to cause she is nasty and I am bitter that she was there) and she said oh she was great everything looked great but she felt that she moved too slow (2nd person to tell me this today) and that nobody got into it till lap cause her songs were too unknown

I have been over the moon about this performance I am wondering if it was just her who felt that way

SHOOT ME OUT OF A CANNON! :D

:rotfl::wow:

That Red Bull must have pumped her up, I know I need to run a mile when I drink one.

I personally thought that the show was fantastic

I just spoke to a woman in my office who was at the superbowl (I didn't want to cause she is nasty and I am bitter that she was there) and she said oh she was great everything looked great but she felt that she moved too slow (2nd person to tell me this today) and that nobody got into it till lap cause her songs were too unknown

I have been over the moon about this performance I am wondering if it was just her who felt that way

Vogue and Music are unknown? :lol:

Guest Fukujima

i love how she strikes her MAJESTIC pose perfectly coordinated with the sound of the slashing words as said :sassy:

love how she dances when she sings " on the cover of a magazine"

i never ever could have possibly thought that Vogue from VMA '90 could have been surpassed but she did it :wow:

Guest groovyguy

Adam Lambert

Loved the Madonna Half time show!! Feeling that Isis look!! Cee-Lo is so good. the middle finger? Cuz she “don’t give a shit”. Harmless.

Ashton Kutcher

Fact Madonna is crushing it!

Ru Paul

Madonna. Shante. U Stay. Condragulations!

Paula Abdul

So Happy for Madonna’s triumphant HalfTime Show! :) Nicki Minaj & M.I.A crushed it! Cee Lo Green & LMFAO added so much fun!

Hope you had a fun weekend! I’m still thinking about Madonna’s superbowl performance. So phenomenal!! So much fun! :) ) xoP

I was dancing &singing along w/ Cee Lo Green. Madonna Like A Prayer was AWESOME! Well played Superbowl WELL PLAYED-amazing HalfTime show!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6451

B's biggest challenge

"This was by far the biggest challenge I have ever taken on in my career, and I could not be more honored to be a part of such an amazing and historical event. Nothing could ever come close to working with Madonna on this Super Bowl performance, her attention to detail and commitment to all of her projects is truly inspiring and life changing."

This is how costume designer B. Akerlund talks about the challenge that saw her for the second year in a row as the responsible one for the dynamic and outre half time show fashion viewers have come to expect from the biggest music performance of the year.

The wildly anticipated debut Super Bowl performance from the Queen of Pop was crafted with a Roman Empire thematic in which every element was infused with a gladiator vibe mixed with modern day elements from Rome.

bakerlund_502.jpg

Madonna represented none other than the Queen herself and owned the stage with looks featuring Givenchy Haute Couture, boots by Miu Miu and earrings by Bulgari.

The fashion masterpiece took over three months to create in which Akerlund worked in lock step with the creative vision of Madonna who was involved in every detail down to each gladiator.

Akerlund called upon the best and most forward thinking in the business to lend their creative genius, including Givenchy and Riccardo Tisci, who in addition to dozens of designers all over the world assisted in cultivating designs.

bakerlund_503.jpg

The performance consisted of 500 outfits including head to toe looks for surprise guests LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A. and Cee Lo Green as well as costumes for 100 drum line performers, 150 gladiators and 200 choir singers.

bakerlund_501.jpg

Source: B. Akerlund.

just wanna say that it's nice to see so many positive reviews coming in about her performance. she works hard and she deserves it. i'm not oblivious to the negative and/or just straight up weird things that are being said but as far as i can tell, the good feedback is certainly outweighing the bad out there. i've been a fan since i stole my older brother's 'true blue' album back in the day coz everytime she said 'jimmy jimmy' i thought she was saying 'jamie jamie' (my name) and they always say she's over and done. and she never is. but they just keep talking about her... so, again. she deserves some nice things being said about her. gurlll works hard for the money!

That was nice. But they also have an article "Madonnas not so super half time show" (or something like that). Why? Because Melissa Joan Hart, Donny Osmond and Piers Morgan said not so nice things. I know it's an entertainment show and should not be taken too serious. But they (or that girl who wrote the article) are idiots. Allying with people on the Z-list, when you have positive opinions from way more interesting and relevant people from the industry. C'mon, you have entertainment in your name and she is the definition of the word. Without her, you wouldn't exist. On the other hand this is the channel that produces that Kardashian sh*t, so what do I expect.