Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

Another one.

Lol it was great to hear football fans saying "encore" after like a prayer. Overall great comments

in this video from people that probably weren't expecting to be entertained by 53 year old mother of 4.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest groovyguy

Sunset Entertainment promotion this week

On this special week, on which MDNA is released, there's a special promotion on their amazing Super Bowl memories magazine: Free shipping to all orders made within Europe!

Click HERE to order your copy!

mdna_week_500.jpg

http://www.jimmiemartin.com/madonnapicksjimmiemartin.html

MADONNA PICKS JIMMIE MARTIN FOR HER HIGHLY ANTICIPATED HALF-TIME SHOW AT THE XLVI SUPERBOWL

When the globally proclaimed ‘Queen of Pop’ needs a throne dazzling enough to capture the attention of more than 100 million viewers worldwide, she knew exactly where to go. Jimmie Martin didn’t hesitate when they were asked to design her the spectacular, avant-garde chariot-cum-podium-cum-throne, upon which Madonna entered the Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, for the Super-Bowl XLVI yesterday evening.

Featuring a black polished walkway and gilded poles raised above two sphinx’ dripping in black Swarovski crystals, this one of a kind Egyptian inspired work of art would make Cleopatra green with envy. Behind the seat of the throne were the tall and unmistakable initials M.D.N.A (the title and feature track of Madonna’s next album) scrawled in Jimmie Martin’s signature graffiti script. This piece of work has a place in history as both an impactful yet harmonious collaboration between the Queen of Pop – Madonna, and award-winning London based design duo – Jimmie Martin.

MadonnaJimmieMartinThronePhotobyKevinMazur1.jpg

Of the collaboration, Jimmie Martin’s Creative Director Jimmie Karlsson quoted – “We were absolutely thrilled to be contacted by Madonna’s team asking us to work with her on what is arguably the most highly televised sporting event in the United States, if not worldwide. Everyone involved have been absolutely great to work with and the attention to detail has been amazing. From being a fan growing up in Sweden and now seeing our piece on stage with Madonna has been incredibly surreal.”

Company Director Martin Nihlmar shared similar sentiment. “The atmosphere watching Madonna carried out by an army of dancers on our creation - even from sitting at home in the UK felt utterly electric. We [Jimmie and I] both felt such a sense of gratification in terms of brand recognition and business growth from our humble beginnings. We owe her and her team a huge thank you, just for the experience we have had working on this. We very much hope to be working with Madonna and her creative team again in the future, as well as a various other exciting projects that are currently in the pipeline – watch this space!”

MadonnaJimmieMartinThronePhotobyKevinMazur.jpg

MadonnaJimmieMartinThroneSketchesbyJimmieMartin.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://fashionetc.com/fashion/influencers/5325-celebrity-stylist-b-akerlund-madonna-lady-gaga

Celebrity Stylist B. Åkerlund Talks Working with Madonna, Lady Gaga, and Her Style Icon

By Rory McDonough 04/02/12 at 02:15 PM

B. Åkerlund’s work defines itself as uniquely distinctive and, when looking through images of her career’s illustrious history, it is clear why major stars like Madonna and Lady Gaga have chosen to work with her time after time. Married to famed video director Jonas Åkerlund, B.’s talent and hard work have landed her a client list that any stylist would envy, including Britney Spears, Fergie, Madonna, Lady Gaga and more. While collaborating with such opinionated divas may intimidate some, B feels that their input leaves her invigorated with a greater understanding of what she wants in her career. The true signs of an impressive stylist!

From what I know of your biography, you’ve admirably worked your way up from the bottom, even doing some unpaid jobs. Do you think this idea of so-called “paying your dues” has made you a stronger stylist in a notoriously tough industry?

For sure, nothing in life is for free and having a Polish mother, growing up and learning the essence of hard work and starting from the ground up is part of my DNA.

How did you develop a decisive eye to instinctually know that something works or it doesn’t?

It is not a development, rather a feeling that comes from within. I believe that you are either born with it or you aren’t.

How would you describe your personal style and do you feel that influences the jobs you take on?

My style changes from time to time and I would say that it all comes down to my mood. I used to be more colorful in my day, but with age and marrying a heavy metal Goth King everything has changed to more black!

Who is your personal style icon?

Anna Piaggi.

You really veer away from the traditional, and your work has the B. Åkerlund stamp on it. Would you be willing to style in a more traditional red carpet way—i.e. a ball gown and diamonds? Or do you feel that would be too stifling?

Sure, but it would just have to be the right ball gown and the perfect diamonds. Anything is possible, but to me I love a story and a concept and if that is taken away I get bored and you lose me quickly.

But at this point in my career, I don’t really get those calls unless there is someone willing to take a risk or make a statement on the carpet.

While other stylists rely heavily on their assistants, you are involved in every aspect from pulling to fitting. Does your dedication to each individual client have something to do with your unique aesthetic and vision?

Well, I can’t speak for anyone else, but I like to be 100% involved and if I feel I can’t I usually pass on the job.

You’ve worked with the three major pop divas of today: Lady GaGa, Madonna, and Britney Spears. How do you stay creatively inspired and separate each job from another?

They are three very different personalities with three strong opinions so there is no similarity in any way. Each artist comes with inspiration and it usually spirals from there and turns into a concept.

Any other dream client?

Grace Jones and Prince.

Given the fact that most of your clients have enormous personalities and visions of their own, how collaborative is the styling process when approaching an event or music video?

Everything is a team effort with everyone creatively involved. I love making artists' visions come alive in a collaborative way. The collaboration is key between a stylist and artist to ensure their vision.

You have worked with my idol Madonna for years—how did you begin working with her and were you incredibly nervous to be working with such an icon?

I started working with Madonna in 2006. My first job was the music video “Sorry” and our relationship has escalated from there. I don’t get nervous working for anybody, more so she gets my blood pumping to be better at my job.

When you do a major job like the Super Bowl where you have to source 500 costumes, where do you even begin? How do you wrap your brain around what’s to come?

It was a very long and collaborative process with Madonna and we worked from the group up, beginning with inspiration boards, that later turned into sketches and then reality.

For some reason I really loved the challenge of the Super Bowl, and it felt a bit un-human and unrealistic to accomplish. That made me even more motivated to make it the greatest show on earth!

B.Åkerlund did just that—creating a spectacle that featured Givenchy Haute Couture, Fausto Puglisi, Bulgari and much more. Working with someone so creatively involved and refined has been, without question, the highlight of my career.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/04/02/madonnas-super-bowl-performance-full-uncensored-1080p-hd/

Madonna’s Super Bowl Performance [Full - Uncensored - 1080p HD]

We’ve all seen the TV broadcast of Madonna’s performance at the Super Bowl.

Thanks to the incredible Roccoc we can share the 1080p HD, uncensored video that includes the original countdown and the non-blurred M.I.A. flip off!

Download Link

VIDEOSUPER BOWL XLVI HALFTIME SHOW [NHK-BS1]

Format: m2ts

File Size: 1.91GB

Duration: 13min48

Resolution: 1920×1080

Have a look at some screengrabs…

20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-01-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-02-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-03-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-04-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-05-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-06-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-07-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-08-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-09-500x281.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Madonna-Stays-Shape-22467467

How to Stay Forever Young Like Madonna

97e4634aeac92c67_Madonna.xxxlarge_1.jpg

When you see Madonna on a talk show this week promoting her new album, MDNA (out now!), or during one of the stops on her world tour, which kicks off on May 29, you’ll be checking out moves choreographed by former Broadway dancer Nicole Winhoffer. She appeared in shows like Wicked and 42nd Street, among others, before joining the Material Girl for her Sticky and Sweet Tour in 2009. Winhoffer, who is also a personal trainer, now works in the gym with Madonna six days a week to ensure that she’s ready for her grueling performances.

We caught up with Winhoffer to take a peek behind the scenes and to learn more about how everyone can train just like the amazing 53-year-old pop star!

If our readers could steal one trick from your work with Madonna, what would that be?

Body awareness. One must engage their mind while performing their exercises. Time and time again, I see people reading papers or watching TV while they work out. This might bring about injury and if the mind is not connected to the body, you can’t exert the proper amounts of energy needed to gain the desired results.

You were in Indianapolis to help Madonna prepare for the Super Bowl and are now gearing up to go on tour with her. How do you prepare for each performance?

Right before the show, we warm-up in her dressing room. We complete active hamstring stretch sequences as well as other stretches, ensure joint mobility by performing jumps on the ground and on trampolines and do ab work. As a result, her body is connected, warm and ready for the performance.

People are still buzzing about her amazing halftime show performance. How do you get your body ready for something like that?

We increased our cardio for stamina—her show was the most physical 12 minutes I have ever experienced! Due to her high heels, we made sure her core was strong to support the stress placed on her lower back. We practiced several movements and routines from her performance within the workout so once she was on stage, her muscle memory kicked in.

We heard that Madonna practiced for the halftime show with the temperature warm in the stadium. Does she always prefer to train with the thermostat high?

A warmer environment allows for the muscles to be warmed up and limber. Increasing body temperature allows for the blood to flow through the heart and muscles, enabling mobility, movement and protection from injury. Being a dancer, there is nothing better than feeling each muscle warmed up, connected and ready for a big show.

Besides being Madonna’s trainer and helping with the choreography for her new video “Girl Gone Wild,” you’re involved with her Hard Candy Fitness Clubs. Can you tell us more about them?

Hard Candy Fitness is inspired by Madonna and the belief that “Harder is Better.” It includes much of the same choreography and toning exercises used in Madonna’s personal fitness regime. Currently there are locations open in Mexico City and Moscow, with St. Petersburg opening in spring 2012 and another club opening to be announced soon. Hard Candy Fitness also plans to open additional locations around the world.

You’ve worked with Madonna since 2009. What is the greatest lesson you’ve learned from her?

With persistence, one will bring about the change they desire. With attention to detail, everything is accounted for.

http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Madonna-Stays-Shape-22467467

How to Stay Forever Young Like Madonna

97e4634aeac92c67_Madonna.xxxlarge_1.jpg

When you see Madonna on a talk show this week promoting her new album, MDNA (out now!), or during one of the stops on her world tour, which kicks off on May 29, you’ll be checking out moves choreographed by former Broadway dancer Nicole Winhoffer. She appeared in shows like Wicked and 42nd Street, among others, before joining the Material Girl for her Sticky and Sweet Tour in 2009. Winhoffer, who is also a personal trainer, now works in the gym with Madonna six days a week to ensure that she’s ready for her grueling performances.

We caught up with Winhoffer to take a peek behind the scenes and to learn more about how everyone can train just like the amazing 53-year-old pop star!

If our readers could steal one trick from your work with Madonna, what would that be?

Body awareness. One must engage their mind while performing their exercises. Time and time again, I see people reading papers or watching TV while they work out. This might bring about injury and if the mind is not connected to the body, you can’t exert the proper amounts of energy needed to gain the desired results.

You were in Indianapolis to help Madonna prepare for the Super Bowl and are now gearing up to go on tour with her. How do you prepare for each performance?

Right before the show, we warm-up in her dressing room. We complete active hamstring stretch sequences as well as other stretches, ensure joint mobility by performing jumps on the ground and on trampolines and do ab work. As a result, her body is connected, warm and ready for the performance.

People are still buzzing about her amazing halftime show performance. How do you get your body ready for something like that?

We increased our cardio for stamina—her show was the most physical 12 minutes I have ever experienced! Due to her high heels, we made sure her core was strong to support the stress placed on her lower back. We practiced several movements and routines from her performance within the workout so once she was on stage, her muscle memory kicked in.

We heard that Madonna practiced for the halftime show with the temperature warm in the stadium. Does she always prefer to train with the thermostat high?

A warmer environment allows for the muscles to be warmed up and limber. Increasing body temperature allows for the blood to flow through the heart and muscles, enabling mobility, movement and protection from injury. Being a dancer, there is nothing better than feeling each muscle warmed up, connected and ready for a big show.

Besides being Madonna’s trainer and helping with the choreography for her new video “Girl Gone Wild,” you’re involved with her Hard Candy Fitness Clubs. Can you tell us more about them?

Hard Candy Fitness is inspired by Madonna and the belief that “Harder is Better.” It includes much of the same choreography and toning exercises used in Madonna’s personal fitness regime. Currently there are locations open in Mexico City and Moscow, with St. Petersburg opening in spring 2012 and another club opening to be announced soon. Hard Candy Fitness also plans to open additional locations around the world.

You’ve worked with Madonna since 2009. What is the greatest lesson you’ve learned from her?

With persistence, one will bring about the change they desire. With attention to detail, everything is accounted for.

It's so fantastic to read all of this! The work, the work!

Guest groovyguy

Cee Lo Green Talks Madonna’s Allure & Performing During The Super Bowl Halftime Show

Watch Video HERE

Cee Lo Green was honored to perform with Madonna during her halftime show at the Super Bowl. So, what is it about Madonna that makes her so tantalizing? Plus, did he think that it was inappropriate for M.I.A. to flip the bird during their halftime performance? Finally, what does he look for in a woman in general?

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/04/02/madonnas-super-bowl-performance-full-uncensored-1080p-hd/

Thanks to the incredible Roccoc we can share the 1080p HD, uncensored video that includes the original countdown and the non-blurred M.I.A. flip off!

Download Link

Have a look at some screengrabs…

20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-01-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-02-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-03-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-04-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-05-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-06-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-07-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-08-500x281.jpg20120401-video-madonna-super-bowl-full-uncensored-hd-09-500x281.jpg

I'm downloading this, thanks.

Guys, have you seen this??

Wish we could have the whole rehearsal footage!!

that's just from the hamish hamilton interview cropped with added out of sync music to it. would be nice to see it all though.

• 3 weeks later...

Download Link

anyone able to download part 4?

That was great. I love how in these spectator videos no one seems to know where she is at the end of LAP....then they catch on after she's disappeared in the smoke.

I dunno if this has been posted.

Shooting the Madonna Super Bowl Halftime. Hamish Hamilton.