Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

Didn't you say you'll watch this on the internet, alone, so you can enjoy the whole thing properly? :shy:

You're right ... I didn't think anyone really paid that much attention to what I say! :shy: Sorry about the confusion.

Originally, I was going to just watch on the internet -- but the image quality was really poor. I was initially excited about the prospect of having multiple camera angles -- you could switch angles during the game. (I'm not quite sure if they allowed you to do that during the Halftime show or not, because I changed my mind after seeing the image quality.) I suppose I should have known better.

My parents have an HD TV that's a decent/nice size, so it was too tempting to watch it in clear, HD quality. It was just a little uncomfortable watching with them, because as I said my dad pretty much loathes her. My mom is a little more favorable toward her; she wasn't gushing afterward or anything, but she said it was better than most and was relieved that nothing controversial happened. (I think she could probably tell I was tense and anxious about it.) My dad limited his negativity to one comment, which I ignored so ... that turned out okay I guess.

My sister texted me afterward to say that my six-year-old niece said, "Mama, I liked that whole thing!" So. There's hope for me and my family yet! :angel::inlove::D

SO glad they cut away from that awkward fall after the nameless LMFAO guy was supposed to hold her other leg up but instead left her KICKING FOR HER LIFE. :lmao:

I don't know, was he? It turned out well in the end anyways. Again, that guy was so pointless.

http://www.webpronews.com/madonnas-super-bowl-halftime-show-glued-people-to-the-screen-2012-02

Madonna’s Super Bowl Halftime Show Glued People To The Screen

App usage figures show people couldn't look away

By Josh Wolford · 16 hours ago · 2

Follow @WebProNews inShare.5 Mobile apps analytics and advertising company Flurry tracked mobile app usage across various stages of the Super Bowl. What they found was that there was one particular segment that had people glued to their televisions.

Flurry began the study with the belief that the “second screen” (a mobile device, the “first screen” being the TV) is still “largely more disruptive than complementary.” Basically, people aren’t really using their devices in tandem with the TV – more like opposed to it. When something happening on the TV isn’t interesting to a viewer, they are then likely to pick up their iPhone and start playing Angry Birds.

Their study pretty much corroborated that belief. Big moments in the Super Bowl broadcast equated to decreases in app usage. People put down their phones for things like the coin toss and for kickoff.

But the longest sustained period of time with a drop in app usage covering the entire Super Bowl came during Madonna’s halftime performance.

Whether people were watching because they thought it was awesome, or because it’s hard to look away from a train wreck – the point is people were tuned in

madonnaappusage1.jpg

From the post:

Studying overall trends reveals a highly correlated, inverse relationship between app usage and game, halftime and commercial events. Generally, app usage increased steadily over the first three quarters of the game, showing the challenge in holding peoples’ attention over several hours. However, because this year’s game was close throughout, including an exciting fourth quarter finish, app usage remained relatively checked.

Noticeably, app usage declined significantly during the last part of the fourth quarter. The most clearly visible change in app usage occurred during Madonna’s half time show, where app usage remained consistently low for the longest, sustained period of time. From this, we conclude that Madonna strongly held viewers’ attention on the first screen and was a major draw for the Super Bowl this year.

Advertisement popularity was also found to link to a decrease in mobile app usage. The ad that saw the smallest use in apps was Elton John’s Pepsi commercial.

I don't know, was he? It turned out well in the end anyways. Again, that guy was so pointless.

I don't think that guy was supposed to hold her leg.This show was rehearsed over and over.I doubt that he would forget to do that.

I don't think that guy was supposed to hold her leg.This show was rehearsed over and over.I doubt that he would forget to do that.

yea its rehearsed. when the camera zoomed out, she did a flip, sort of like she did in 4 minutes video, but with the legs up. i do feel that the guy who 'forgot to hold her leg' is neglected throughout that segment. madonna seemed to focus her attention only on the other one, jumping on him, thrusting him in the face, having him usher her down the dj stand, having him hold her leg, pull part of her dress off, letting madonna see if he's wearing underwear etc.

Yes, it's almost a week later and we're still talking about M.I.A. burning the innocence of a million children by flipping a bitch off during Madge's Super Bowl halftime show. M.I.A. already gave an eye roll of an apology by blaming it on nerves, blah, blah, blah, blah... On Ryan Seacrest's radio show (via USA Today) this morning, he asked Madge about it. The old Madge would've shot up her middle finger at all the hos who are saying that M.I.A.'s middle finger was a big deal. The new Madge adjusted the stick in her culo and said that M.I.A.'s fuck you to America was highly inappropriate. Okay, MOM!

“I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it. I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager…irrelevant thing to do…there was such a feeling of love and unity there what was the point? It was just out of place.”

Translation: "I was really surprised that one of my minions would go against my wishes. I understand M.I.A. is low-class trash and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of loving ME and good energy revolving around ME and the people positively worshiping ME! It's such a STUNT QUEEN thing to do and I'm supposed to be the ultimate STUNT QUEEN. There was such a feeling of loving ME and the people were uniting to bow at MY feet and then that Britatrash slag had to take the spotlight away from the spiritual art I was creating? When Moses was parting the Red Sea, did one of those slave children make the moment all about them by throwing up a middle finger? They knew their place! And now I looooooathe M.I.A. more than I loathe you know what."

In other words, M.I.A., you and your first born are in danger, girl.

:rotfl:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.etonline.com/news/118894_Super_Bowl_Choreographer_Jamie_King_on_Directing_Madonna/

Super Bowl Choreographer on Directing Madonna

ET's Nancy O'Dell sits down with one of the world's hottest choreographers, Jamie King, to talk about directing Madonna's performance at the Super Bowl and his involvement with Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez on their show Q' Viva!.

"I'm still recovering I think -- I haven't quiet landed from that experience," Jamie said of the spectacular Super Bowl Halftime Show that was his brainchild. "Certainly doing the Super Bowl was kind of huge in itself. I mean it's the most kind of viewed show, with the pressure to set up a stage in eight minutes."

Jamie confessed to having last-minute jitters before Madonna's highly-publicized performance and said that the pop icon was also nervous before the show. "I mean we all were," Jamie said. "It's a big event and we know how watched it is and the pressure was certainly on because there hadn't been a female who had done it, performed it, since Janet Jackson."

The busy choreographer -- who is currently partnering with Marc and J.Lo on their Latin America talent search show Q' Viva!: The Chosen on Univision -- also recalls his "choreography" of the famous three-way kiss between Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2003.

Watch video here.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/

Madonna's Ex-Dancer Luis Camacho on Super Bowl Half-Time

tumblr_luarilvw931qa1xnko1_500.gif

23 years ago, Luis Camacho and Jose Xtravaganza taught Madonna how to Vogue. Camacho was a dancer on Madonna's Blond Ambition tour in 1990 and, of course, seen in Madonna's revolutionary documentary, Truth or Dare (1991). Here he is with some other schwanzlutcher's weighing in on her Super Bowl half-time performance.

He's the singer from LMFAO! He kind of needed to be there!

But I thought it was deliberate she was kicking around - I thought it was meant to be a goofy move like an Ali G breakdance because she rotates at the end and gets up carries on. That's the point of them. They try and do the cool moves but they're taking the piss.

http://www.etonline.com/news/118894_Super_Bowl_Choreographer_Jamie_King_on_Directing_Madonna/

Super Bowl Choreographer on Directing Madonna

ET's Nancy O'Dell sits down with one of the world's hottest choreographers, Jamie King, to talk about directing Madonna's performance at the Super Bowl and his involvement with Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez on their show Q' Viva!.

"I'm still recovering I think -- I haven't quiet landed from that experience," Jamie said of the spectacular Super Bowl Halftime Show that was his brainchild. "Certainly doing the Super Bowl was kind of huge in itself. I mean it's the most kind of viewed show, with the pressure to set up a stage in eight minutes."

Jamie confessed to having last-minute jitters before Madonna's highly-publicized performance and said that the pop icon was also nervous before the show. "I mean we all were," Jamie said. "It's a big event and we know how watched it is and the pressure was certainly on because there hadn't been a female who had done it, performed it, since Janet Jackson."

The busy choreographer -- who is currently partnering with Marc and J.Lo on their Latin America talent search show Q' Viva!: The Chosen on Univision -- also recalls his "choreography" of the famous three-way kiss between Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2003.

Watch video here.

He seems pissed about that MIA moron too.