Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

I'm sorry but the middle finger was totally supposed to happen. I mean, HELLO, she does the same exact thing in the music video. To think that Madonna wasn't involved is naive. It gives the performance a bit of controversy but the heat falls on M.I.A. not Madonna. So Madonna ends up the good cop while M.I.A. the bad cop, which I'm sure she loves. And I'm sure M.I.A. couldn't give a rat's ass if the American public gets angry with her. The majority don't even know who the fuck she is and wouldn't buy her records anyway. And she didn't say "shit" she said "shhhhh", believe me I rewound it several times to make sure.

Of course! Noone would even fart on stage without M saying so :fag:

While he supported Gisele, Trump told Access that British rapper M.I.A., who flipped cameras the bird while performing with Madonna at halftime, was in the wrong.

“M.I.A. did something that should not have happened,” he said.

And then, this occurred:

Trump did, however, enjoy the rest of Madge’s halftime show.

“I give thumbs up to Madonna,” he said.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/donald-trump-defends-gisele-bundchens-post-super-bowl-outburst-she-didnt-do-anything-wrong_article_60235

Guest groovyguy

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/

Madonna Introduces Slacklining to The World

tumblr_lz33mvGGBC1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

Grimy and Decadent Underground 80's New York Club scene, plethora of Forgotten Stars, Artists and Films pre-TCM & internet, Vogueing...on and on and on the list goes. Madonna has introduced so many things to Pop Culture. Now, in the Most Watched Moment in Television History - Madonna's Super Bowl Half-Time Show - we can now add Slacklining to the that list.

Watch video HERE

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/

Madonna Introduces Slacklining to The World

tumblr_lz33mvGGBC1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

Grimy and Decadent Underground 80's New York Club scene, plethora of Forgotten Stars, Artists and Films pre-TCM & internet, Vogueing...on and on and on the list goes. Madonna has introduced so many things to Pop Culture. Now, in the Most Watched Moment in Television History - Madonna's Super Bowl Half-Time Show - we can now add Slacklining to the that list.

Watch video HERE

ROPE GUY! :clap: i love his ugly hair.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonna.com/news/

Madonna's Record Breaking Numbers

For Immediate Release - (New York, NY) - February 8, 2012 - It's been a record breaking week for Madonna. Along with 117.8 million viewers - the largest viewership for a halftime show in Super Bowl history - and three million more viewers than the game itself, the pre-orders for the Material Girl's upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTunes stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history, it was confirmed today by her record label Interscope. Commented Madonna, "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world."

SUPER BOWL BY THE NUMBERS:

320 - Hours of rehearsal prior to performance

750 - Hours to create and complete the Givenchy gold cape Madonna arrived in

4 - Special guests: Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., LMFAO and Cee Lo Green

1 - Slackliner

20 - Dancing Dolls

17 - Core Dancers

200 - Members of Gospel Choirs from Indianapolis area

150 - Gladiators carried Madonna onto the stadium with 280 feet of custom made 3 inch rope

1200 - lbs. - weight of Madonna's golden throne designed by Madonna and Jimmie Martin in London. Throne included 2 specially designed specially designed sphinx heads covered in Swarovski crystals.

100 - Members of Drumline

250 - Volunteers who assembled and took down stage during half time in 6 minutes (go Hoosiers!)

27 - Carts which carried the stage were wheeled in by the volunteers

36 - Projectors hung from ceiling of stadium to create light show

120 - Individual lashes applied to each of Madonna's eyelids per eye

18k - Rose gold ground down and added to Madonna's eye shadow and lips by makeup artist Gina Brooke

200 - Pairs of black briefs provided by Calvin Klein for the Gladiators (they got to wear them home)

You can't join, and they wouldn't have you. They are (reportedly) the same people who introduced AIDS into the world after all. Your role is to live a short, insignicant life where you are obsessed with your immediate physical wants and needs, don't question authority, and don't seek spiritual truth. Pop music's role is to encourage you in this aim. Enjoy. happy.gif

Lol, I wonder if I visit the same sites as u do? There is some weird shit going on...

Madonna Bowl Reaction Video

I feel *SO* ridiculous watching these reaction videos, but feel compelled to anyway! :lol:

I enjoyed watching him so much -- this was totally me (on the inside :( ) as I watched. I was watching with a neutral-hostile audience, so I restrained myself. It actually makes me a little sad to watch this and think that I missed out a little bit on fully enjoying the performance.

Interesting that TWICE now I've seen reaction videos where no one really catches on that M.I.A. made an obscene gesture. And none of the people I saw it with noticed it either. I feel like the headlines and the apology and everything have called SO much more attention to it.

Anyway ... when this guy bites his phone, and when he says "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!" -- so adorable! And the other girl's video is so cute, too. (I watched hers the other day, but remember she was so funny and animated -- her tongue sticking out when she screamed! Haha!)

http://madonna.com/news/

Madonna's Record Breaking Numbers

For Immediate Release - (New York, NY) - February 8, 2012 - It's been a record breaking week for Madonna. Along with 117.8 million viewers - the largest viewership for a halftime show in Super Bowl history - and three million more viewers than the game itself, the pre-orders for the Material Girl's upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTunes stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history, it was confirmed today by her record label Interscope. Commented Madonna, "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world."

SUPER BOWL BY THE NUMBERS:

320 - Hours of rehearsal prior to performance

750 - Hours to create and complete the Givenchy gold cape Madonna arrived in

4 - Special guests: Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., LMFAO and Cee Lo Green

1 - Slackliner

20 - Dancing Dolls

17 - Core Dancers

200 - Members of Gospel Choirs from Indianapolis area

150 - Gladiators carried Madonna onto the stadium with 280 feet of custom made 3 inch rope

1200 - lbs. - weight of Madonna's golden throne designed by Madonna and Jimmie Martin in London. Throne included 2 specially designed specially designed sphinx heads covered in Swarovski crystals.

100 - Members of Drumline

250 - Volunteers who assembled and took down stage during half time in 6 minutes (go Hoosiers!)

27 - Carts which carried the stage were wheeled in by the volunteers

36 - Projectors hung from ceiling of stadium to create light show

120 - Individual lashes applied to each of Madonna's eyelids per eye

18k - Rose gold ground down and added to Madonna's eye shadow and lips by makeup artist Gina Brooke

200 - Pairs of black briefs provided by Calvin Klein for the Gladiators (they got to wear them home)

:vogue:

Love it.....was waiting for these deets.

ndiana Daily Student - IDSnews.com

Diva Madonna, dignity gone M.I.A.

By Kelly Fritz | IDS | February 08, 2012

Back in high school, before my laptop-toting, Internet-accessing days, M.I.A. was one of the first artists I discovered who wasn’t Top 40.

Before she gained popularity with “Paper Planes,” I drove around bumping her CDs and trying to look cool. I have fond memories associated with her music, and I can’t wait for her new album to drop this year.

When I found out that I was doing the Super Bowl Choir alongside the rest of IU’s a capella group Ladies First, I was reasonably excited.

Although I’m not the biggest Madonna fan, it was still a very glamorous proposition.

When I found out M.I.A. was confirmed to be on stage with Madge, however, I was more than a little starstruck.

The first time I saw her, she strode across the bustling field of Lucas Oil Stadium for rehearsal, completely alone.

She didn’t have a handler or a stylist or an assistant with her. She was simply M.I.A., dressed in Ikat-printed leggings and genuine combat boots.

Compared to the Chanel-bedecked Madonna and Nicki Minaj’s very fake butt, she seemed out of her element.

I was prepared to let it slide. M.I.A. is releasing a new album just like anyone else, I thought, and she could use the publicity.

I don’t want to be one of those fans who is suddenly bitter when the world starts expressing interest in my preferred artist.

But here’s the thing.

As a firsthand witness, I can confirm all the rumors about how celebrities are in real life.

They’re weirdos and divas, to say the least.

Madonna was obsessive-compulsive and egotistical; at one point I was moved to the side of the stage because I “look too much like her,” and because she “can’t stand to have other blondes onstage.”

This is a direct quote from her personal choreographers.

Nicki Minaj refused to walk down the hallways underneath the stadium if it meant passing by the choir, because she didn’t want to give out handshakes or high fives.

She would only pass us in a golf cart.

Cee Lo doesn’t go anywhere without a posse of at least eight people in tow.

At one point, members of LMFAO were taking naps on the artificial grass and literally snoring during rehearsal.

They’re an odd bunch.

I suppose I expected M.I.A. to be the cool one. She’s such a badass. I wanted her to be everything I expected and more in real life, just like everyone does with someone they admire.

When she showed up at rehearsal on time and didn’t need the help of five people to do every small task, I got my hopes up.

Nevertheless, I’ve realized that, love her as I may, M.I.A. is a celebrity just like the rest of them.

A more minor celebrity, perhaps, but a celebrity just the same.

Her behavior at the Super Bowl only served to emphasize that fact.

Her verse in Madonna’s performance included the words “I don’t give a shit,” at which point she flipped the bird to the entire stadium.

She can talk all she wants, but if she really didn’t give a shit, she wouldn’t have been on such a stale stage with Madonna in the first place.

If M.I.A. was really too cool for school, she wouldn’t be doing a dance with pom-poms and cheerleaders.

If she was really that nonchalant and disdainful, she wouldn’t have shown up.

She wouldn’t have even considered it.

Some people say giving America the finger was ballsy.

I think it was the opposite: It was a desperate cry for attention in a huge, attention-seeking performance.

M.I.A. was, in that moment, like the sulky teenager acting out because she’s secretly insecure.

Madonna and everyone on stage were arguably more famous than she and acting out obscenely was only a ploy to divert the attention back to her.

If there’s anything I learned from being around those celebrities almost daily for a week, it’s that attention is what fame is all about.

It takes a special sort of narcissist to believe you’re that important.

I still look forward to her new CD, and her latest video is incredible.

My admiration now, however, is clouded with doubt about her legitimacy.

When someone you admire for being an outsider turns out to be just as caught up in the fame as the insiders, it’s hard to take her seriously.

M.I.A.’s finger to the world wasn’t a “f*** you” moment. It was the opposite.

When she proudly stuck it in the air, she was saying that she does, in fact, give many shits.

It may be backward, but she’s a dealer in fantasy just like every other celebrity.

I guess I just used to believe in it.

­— kelfritz@indiana.edu

Back in high school, before my laptop-toting, Internet-accessing days, M.I.A. was one of the first artists I discovered who wasn’t Top 40.

Before she gained popularity with “Paper Planes,” I drove around bumping her CDs and trying to look cool. I have fond memories associated with her music, and I can’t wait for her new album to drop this year.

When I found out that I was doing the Super Bowl Choir alongside the rest of IU’s a capella group Ladies First, I was reasonably excited.

Although I’m not the biggest Madonna fan, it was still a very glamorous proposition.

When I found out M.I.A. was confirmed to be on stage with Madge, however, I was more than a little starstruck.

The first time I saw her, she strode across the bustling field of Lucas Oil Stadium for rehearsal, completely alone.

She didn’t have a handler or a stylist or an assistant with her. She was simply M.I.A., dressed in Ikat-printed leggings and genuine combat boots.

Compared to the Chanel-bedecked Madonna and Nicki Minaj’s very fake butt, she seemed out of her element.

I was prepared to let it slide. M.I.A. is releasing a new album just like anyone else, I thought, and she could use the publicity.

I don’t want to be one of those fans who is suddenly bitter when the world starts expressing interest in my preferred artist.

But here’s the thing.

As a firsthand witness, I can confirm all the rumors about how celebrities are in real life.

Madonna was obsessive-compulsive and egotistical; at one point I was moved to the side of the stage because I “look too much like her,” and because she “can’t stand to have other blondes onstage.”

Nicki Minaj refused to walk down the hallways underneath the stadium if it meant passing by the choir, because she didn’t want to give out handshakes or high fives.

At one point, members of LMFAO were taking naps on the artificial grass and literally snoring during rehearsal.

They’re an odd bunch.

I suppose I expected M.I.A. to be the cool one. She’s such a badass. I wanted her to be everything I expected and more in real life, just like everyone does with someone they admire.

When she showed up at rehearsal on time and didn’t need the help of five people to do every small task, I got my hopes up.

Nevertheless, I’ve realized that, love her as I may, M.I.A. is a celebrity just like the rest of them.

Her verse in Madonna’s performance included the words “I don’t give a shit,” at which point she flipped the bird to the entire stadium.

She can talk all she wants, but if she really didn’t give a shit, she wouldn’t have been on such a stale stage with Madonna in the first place.

If M.I.A. was really too cool for school, she wouldn’t be doing a dance with pom-poms and cheerleaders.

I think it was the opposite: It was a desperate cry for attention in a huge, attention-seeking performance.

M.I.A. was, in that moment, like the sulky teenager acting out because she’s secretly insecure.

Madonna and everyone on stage were arguably more famous than she and acting out obscenely was only a ploy to divert the attention back to her.

If there’s anything I learned from being around those celebrities almost daily for a week, it’s that attention is what fame is all about.

When someone you admire for being an outsider turns out to be just as caught up in the fame as the insiders, it’s hard to take her seriously.

When she proudly stuck it in the air, she was saying that she does, in fact, give many shits.

It may be backward, but she’s a dealer in fantasy just like every other celebrity.

­— kelfritz@indiana.edu

Pffft! What a whiney biatch. :manson:

She certainly is! She should be grateful for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like that,but all she does is whine.She got her feelings hurt because she discovered that her "idol" M.I.A is a "celebrity" like everyone else :doh:

I'm obsessed with the super bowl performance. Each day I come home from work and watch it over and over....it never gets old and there is always something new to appreciate. I feel like a teenager again - totally obsessed :dramatic::bow::dramatic:

Guest bluejean

But here’s the thing.

They’re an odd bunch.

­— kelfritz@indiana.edu

Shock horror, a musical artist doing something to get exposure for themselves. A performer being narcissistic? What a revelation :lmao:

This person is so annoying, does she think M.I.A. became successful by hiding in a cupboard turning down great opportunities? So deluded its not funny.

DON'T JUST STAND THERE

DON'T DON'T

DON'T JUST STAND THERE

*sword noise*

THE BEST!! Hope she will use that on tour. :inlove:

I enjoyed watching him so much -- this was totally me (on the inside :( ) as I watched. I was watching with a neutral-hostile audience, so I restrained myself. It actually makes me a little sad to watch this and think that I missed out a little bit on fully enjoying the performance.

Didn't you say you'll watch this on the internet, alone, so you can enjoy the whole thing properly? :shy:

Interesting that TWICE now I've seen reaction videos where no one really catches on that M.I.A. made an obscene gesture. And none of the people I saw it with noticed it either.

Yeah, well, that just goes on to show how insignificant it actually was. Nobody should care about a finger in the 21st century anymore. Seriously. The press, obviously, blew this out of proportions. :rolleyes:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6482

Thanks to MadonnaTribe reader Will for spotting a fantastic video of Madonna's Halft Tme show shared on Youtube by cddigi and shot from an audience view from high up.

The videoclip shows so much more than what the TV had shown and from a different perspective, and proves once again that a Madonna stadium show is fantastic up close but also from afar!