Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

The crosses on their outfits? :confused: Were the gay men's choir there? I didn't notice them. There was that camp Pompeii refugee on the wire, but it was sooooooooooooo family friendly in general - with a slight edge so it wasn't all comatose Disney. Pulled off brilliantly, perfect for the SB.

I know I'm a little late, but dayum! I can't believe how hard she worked it in those heels at 53 years old. She's an inspiration! Can we all just take a minute and bow down to the glory that is Madonna :bow::bow::bow:

Guest jamesshot

Did this performance bring a tear to anyone else's eye?

It did for my Uncle who had to eat his words when he said everyone at our SB party would hate her. They all loved her and after throwing a hissy fit about how she "sucked" he then admitted later, drunk azz shit, that he did love the Like A Prayer part and she "looks doable". lol

Guest Sinisin

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but here is the performance 1080p!

My link

There is a 7 sec interruption (local tv station tech issue), but I cant find a better streaming vid.

:)

The more often I watch the performance the more amazing this thing becomes. Say what you want about Jamie King, he did an excellent job here. Credit were credit is due. The stage designs and lightning by Circque de Soleil are top notch. How cool was the change from the marching band to LAP when the grass is pulled in and the choir is walking over a nightly sky. Unbelievable. And Vogue :wow: EPIC. And I think you have to watch it a few times to realize the precission in that performance. It was a clockwork. AMAZING. :bow:

Hello all! First post!!

Just wanted to clarify that the stage design was by Tribe Inc., the same company that designed the Drowned World Tour. They do Superbowl half time every year as well as mega tours for artists. The projection mapping on the field was by Moment Factory. I believe Cirque simply helped Jamie with staging when he needed it, as the show was a logistic nightmare. And I bet he's still somewhat locked into the MJ Immortal tour to some degree. Also the gigantic feathers for the entrance, and their design smacks of Cirque's creative team.

MIA has pissed me off. Why the heck is that all i'm hearing about today in the papers and on tv instead of Madonna's amazing performance? This dumb bitch MIA decided to flip the bird for what reason? Is she that desperate for publicity? I'm sure Madonna didn't know she was going to do that. Now, her stupid antics are getting all the attention.

Ugh.

MIA has pissed me off. Why the heck is that all i'm hearing about today in the papers and on tv instead of Madonna's amazing performance? This dumb bitch MIA decided to flip the bird for what reason? Is she that desperate for publicity? I'm sure Madonna didn't know she was going to do that. Now, her stupid antics are getting all the attention.

Ugh.

:wacko:

Not really.

Ugh.

I mean, really? Who gives a shit. I really question how forward and liberated we are supposed to be in this day and age, when sticking your finger up causes anyone to bat an eyelid. Society is still so repressed.....sugar coated in commercial bullshit to make us think we are free...meh. And Madonna would have known...it's replicating the video...this way she doesn't cop this shit storm in a tea cup directly :thumbsup:

Up yours to anyone who thinks it's offensive...and cover Janet's tits in your avatar...they're offensive to me... :electropop:

Not really? Look at all the headlines on msn, yahoo,tmz,etc.

MIA flipping the bird is making headlines. The media is talking about it non stop. I don't know where you've been.

it's not really Madonna news, Madonna has been getting a lot of good reviews and press.

I'm actually glad MIA flipped off the camera. She gave the show a little bit of attitude and spice that it needed. Otherwise, nothing really controversial happened...aside from maybe Madonna's cartwheeling head into Brahim's lap (which no reporters seem to have noticed).

MIA's bird-flipping also helps GMAYL get some more attention since people will watch that performance now more closely. I thought GMAYL was the weakest of the performances, but again, I don't like that song.

Ugh.

just get the hell out of this site you Janet stan! I love Janet's music but you're such a nuisance so get lost!...oh and world peace :lol:

Guest jamesshot

just get the hell out of this site you Janet stan! I love Janet's music but you're such a nuisance so get lost!...oh and world peace :lol:

That was very rude. There is nothing wrong with Strawberry's posts. You are a new poster and to take such a hostile position with someone who has obviously been here longer is strange. Strawberry has as much right to their position as yours. Strawberry seems to love Madonna so what, exactly, IS the problem?

That was very rude. There is nothing wrong with Strawberry's posts. You are a new poster and to take such a hostile position with someone who has obviously been here longer is strange. Strawberry has as much right to their position as yours. Strawberry seems to love Madonna so what, exactly, IS the problem?

...who are you?

Guest jamesshot

Just watched this again... as knocked out by it as I was last night!

Same here! Everyone has had such positive responses to this. She really introduced herself to a new generation and made everyone else remember what a legend she is.

But much like Nicki Minaj other rappers, he's worked with everyone and their gran, isn't he working with Parisite Hilton next? :gross: She's worked with the most A List of rappers with Kanye (not the best result but whatevs) so how about the other one Jay-Z, she was meant to add vocals to "Justify My Thug".

Of all superstars in the music industry, he is the one who is most desperate for a #1. I believe he has only had like 2 #1 songs, only one of them being his own. (The other California Girls.)