Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

if lipping was to be expected then why did no-one before the show say something about it. again im no hater or basher i just was dissapointed she didnt sing live. im just afraid she will get bashed for it in the press and by a certain englishman named elton. we know she can sing live and wasnt it for m more people here would have critized britney, j-lo, jennifer, and so if it were them who lipped.

i loved the performance and her show.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

if lipping was to be expected then why did no-one before the show say something about it. again im no hater or basher i just was dissapointed she didnt sing live. im just afraid she will get bashed for it in the press and by a certain englishman named elton. we know she can sing live and wasnt it for m more people here would have critized britney, j-lo, jennifer, and so if it were them who lipped.

I THINK WE GOT IT THE FIRST 47 TIMES.

Who is ACTUALLY AFRAID of SMELLTON? :rotfl:

In giant productions like this especially at sporting events (Olympics etc) everyone lips because singing live apart from adding ANOTHER layer to the production (grabbing and sending out live vocals on the fly) could pose problems. Get over it.

image.jpg

:shock::wow::dramatic::bow::inlove:

Madonna rides in like Cleopatra to wow Super Bowl crowd with classy, high-flying halftime show

Madonna sidelined sex in favor of spectacle at her Super Bowl half-time show.

Her 12-minute set proved chaste and careful by her younger standards - no hint of nipple-gate, not a whiff of the calculated religious provocations of her live shows.

But it made up for its lack of shock-queen stunts with sheer fun, dazzle and, most of all, wit.

Surely no half-time act in the history of the Super Bowl has had the moxie , or cheek, to open with an army of dancers — dolled up like gladiators from some kitschy sword and sandal epic — parading around before a Romanesque queen (our Maddy) done up in gold.

Not since Liz Taylor appeared in "Cleopatra" has pop culture seen so large-scale a spectacle of camp. That in itself gave Madonna's half time show a subtle underlay of subversion.

She bold-faced it to those in the know it by opening with "Vogue," a song whose inspiration derives wholly from a once deeply closeted, gay black movement founded in Harlem.

VOTE Madonna performance: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/madonna-rides-cleopatra-wow-super-bowl-crowd-classy-high-flying-halftime-show-article-1.1017646#ixzz1laKJn1dP

:bow:

If Madonna had sung every note,she would be getting bashed for "not sounnding as good as the record".She can't win either way.Based on all the positive media reviews and celebrity comments,I don't think too many people care that she was lip-syncing.They still think it was an incredible performance.

As for Elton...let that old,fat,bloated,ugly,jealous has-been say whatever he pleases.He's completely irrelevent.

It's funny they mention Liz Taylor's Cleopatra in that article. Madonna wore some earrings during the performance that once belonged to Ms. Taylor.

Read more on the fashion behind the show: http://nickverrreos.blogspot.com/2012/02/madonna-and-her-superbowl-looks.html

Although "Egyptian" themes in showbiz remind me too much of Vegas, I wouldn't mind seeing Madonna's spin on it in her upcoming tour.

Totally rocked! Even better then what I thought it would be. Her entrance was incredible and the roar of the crowd was amazing considering how much crap she was getting for not being a good pick for the half time show. I thought everything worked well. I actually liked the choreography a lot. Maybe JK has been inspired recently. Vogue was easily the best, and Music was pretty awesome too. Loved the shuffling part. GMAYL was a bit weak I thought but still had some great moments. Loved the marching band and the little bit of OYH! LAP was good too and was a good way to end the show! Cee-Lo did alright and he really annoys me most of the time, I think his part still works better with a female vocalist though. The screen on the floor looked kick ass especially the 3D effect it made during the Vogue. Truly think it was one of her greatest performances ever so hopefully it pays off for her. It's a bit disappointing the people can't just appreciate it for its entertainment value without nit picking at the smallest things. BTW I loved her little slip during Music, made her seem a little human and she recovered fine! But seriously that entrance!!!!

Also I would like to say that yeah the whole Cleopatra thing did remind me of Kylie a bit but I think it was a perfect theme for the Super Bowl! And clearly Madonna did it on a more epic scale!

Meanwhile, did that POSER CUNT MIA flip the bird? What a VILE WHORE. I hope she doesn't get Madonna into trouble.

I'm angry at her,too! After Nipplegate,Madonna's show needed to be controversy-free.I hope Madonna doesn't get blamed for this.

I hope she doesn't get Madonna into trouble.

Several of the headlines online are already magnifying this little moment way out of proportion, sadly. Even going so far as to say, "Singer's vulgar gesture upstages Madonna half-time" and other such nonsense. Really hope it doesn't steal Madonna's thunder or taint the general positive public perspective of the show.

It was great. She packed as much in as she possibly could, and then some. In some ways it felt like it was all in fast-forward, using such edited versions of everything, but that's the time constraints. Just the nature of the beast.

There's a poll on the Yahoo home page about Madonna -- two options: "She rocked it" or "I was expecting more." MORE?! There were gladiators, breakdancers, tightrope walkers, FOUR celebrity music guests, cheerleaders, two drumlines, a Gospel choir, a state-of-the-art stage, and flashy fashionable costuming. And that is not even to mention MADONNA and HER MUSIC, which really could stand alone and be enough, but she chooses to create a huge spectacle with all of the aforementioned. I mean, what MORE could you want in 12 minutes?!

That NY Daily News poll allows you to grade the performance. Right now she's got 74% A, and only 2% F. Mostly A's, with a few B's, fewer C's, and almost no D's and F's. Pretty good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kylie's last tour sporting a Greek Goddess theme? Tonight we saw an Egyptian theme didn't we? Maybe all the gold and the gladiators threw it all off. In any case, Madonna was a true star tonight. All Hail The Queen!!!

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kylie's last tour sporting a Greek Goddess theme?

No, Kylie was sporting a "tacky cheap faggots stage" theme for her last tour.

But don't you think the performance as a whole was blow-your-mind spectacular ? Now do you think she could have done all the cartwheeling, dancing, jumping etc with LIVE vocal?

I don't think so . I love this EPIC performance and who cares what that fat queen Elton thinks anyway. Even if she did sing live he would have something nasty to say about it anyway.

The majority of the universe is in love with that performance so am happy with that.

From Blonde Ambition in Nice France :

Madonna : " What's the matter Dick ? Why you cryin' ? What baby? You can't sing? That's alright . Neither can I and look at how far I've gone ! Yeahhhhhhhh "

^ It was epic, especially the entrance (and the exit, too)...

Yes, I like to think of the Cleopatra image as both her statement as QUEEN and her appropriation of being called "ancient" one too many times. If they want "ancient," she'll serve it up to them as one of the most powerful women in ancient history.

I wonder what the hieroglyphics on her throne say?! :wow:

There's nothing left.

I'm expired.

Are there are further adjectives to describe the performance?

Of course not.

See you when I can get my breath back tbh.

madonna_super_bowl_wurq120205172820.jpg

I LOVE the huge smile on her face and how she sticks out her tongue in glee when she climbs on the shoulders of the guy from LMFAO...I love big smiling happy Madonna. Can someone make a gif???

She was very smiley throughout. I expected her to be tense but she seemed to be enjoying it and feeding off the energy of the crowd.

Seriously though, Vogue. Best performance EVER?