Superbowl Reviews

IslandBreeze

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Pretty much anyone I've talked to about the performance, whether it was people who watched it with me that night (non-fans), or people at my office, thought she did a fine job but they weren't wowed by the performance, and there were nitpicking criticisms from nearly everyone. Things like "I didn't like that she lipsynced", "Her dancing was too limited", or "She's not relevant anymore". People didn't really talk about her looking old, but a few mentioned that she looked good for her age, and most of them mentioned her misstep on the bleachers which I was amazed by; I mean it was 2 frigging seconds out of a 15 minute performance. Although one female friend of mine (again, not a fan of Madonna in any way) watching the game that night did declare that it was the best halftime show in a very long time. I guess what's important is that people paid attention and were talking about her after. They could have easily just stepped away from the TV, but they WANTED to see what she was going to do. Americans, love her or hate her, are still fascinated by her.

You know the revies have been AMAZING, friends and family have been very excited about all of this..why focus on 2 or 3 negative articles or people on twitter? By now most people have made up their opinion about Madonna so I really don't care about a fucked up gaga monster saying she sucked...we KNOW she rocked it and for once 90% of the reviews agree with us.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/09/short-news-ifmca-kissfm-interscope-x-factor-madonna-world-tour-glee-junior-vasquez-super-bowl-and-more/

Anna Wintour Reacts to Madonna’s Halftime Show

What did Vogue editor Anna Wintour think of Madonna’s performance at the Super Bowl?

She told NYMag…

Oh, Madonna, how we’ve needed you! Thanks to her halftime show performance, y’all probably can’t remember why last year’s show was so disappointing. Your brain has probably erased the thoughts of the Black Eyed Peas being terrible with Madonna being amazing. Those twelve minutes were a wild ride of Confessions-era flashbacks, full-body chills, pom poms, melting ligaments, Vogue covers — and energy remained impossibly high, even though Madonna’s clothes weren’t all-over sparkly for the whole show.