Madonna Super Bowl thread

Starman

I can't get over just how good it was. She ate it alive tbh. I was so nervous when she stood on the arms of her throne but she didn't fall. :lol: I'm hitting replay again and again.

:dramatic:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Curious, did you love the show or what??? :D

You must have MISSED MY REVIEW.

Yes i loved it. EVERY MIMED SIDE FLIPPED GRANDMA BIT OF IT.

Guest boytoyville

So glad that it's getting mostly great reviews, especially with the whole MIA thing. Seems like most people are mentioning it but are not making a big deal out of it.

from houston chronicle

Madonna showed us something during her Super Bowl XLVI halftime show that I don't think I've ever seen on her. Nerves.

The still-reigning - yes, indeed - queen of pop knew what was riding on this performance. A new single. A new album. Charges of irrelevance. (Haven't those been happening for the last, oh, 20 years?) Haters gon' hate, y'all.

But you know what? It suddenly, made her seem human amid the botox and bare arms. Madonna stresses out, too - as much as one can stress while vogue-ing amid gladiators and gold headresses. (And yes, that was a slip on the bleachers during Music. You try it with heels.)

But by the time she got to Give Me All Your Luvin', she was back in superhero mode. And yes, I dig the cheery new single (much more than 4 Minutes, the first taste we got of 2008′s uneven Hard Candy). Nicki Minaj and even M.I.A. - who offered a single-finger salute during her rap – seem to be having fun.

Was she lip-syncing? Probably. But the Super Bowl halftime show isn't about vocal prowess (and neither is Madonna). It's about spectacle, and Madonna brought it via A-list guests, visuals, dancers and a parade of her biggest hits.

Madonna has never been big on looking back, but this was a pitch-perfect mix of eras. A regal Vogue gave way to Music, and it's impossible to deny the impact the of pop classics Open Your Heart, Express Yourself and joyous finale Like a Prayer. An unexpected, but welcome, assist by Cee-Lo Green - in a sequined robe, no less - was likely a nod to the network's season 2 premiere of The Voice after the big game.

I've been party-rocked plenty in the last year and could have done without LMFAO. (Though the shuffling did make me smile.) But the Will Ferrell-esque tightrope bouncer was inspired, and the stage and entrance were pure pop Madge-sty.

And consider this: younger divas Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson have been relegated to weight-loss ads, while JLo and Christina Aguilera are clinging to reality shows for relevance.

But Madonna, whether you like it or not, is still here. She's 53, and she's making pop music. Deal with it.

Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton were unassuming and adorable on America the Beautiful (though someone should have just said no to her pink microphone and matching earrings). And Kelly Clarkson offered a solid take on the Star Spangled Banner ,which given recent travesties made it downright revolutionary.

Let me say this straight...it's utterly stupid to compare Madonna's performance to let's say Janet, Prince or MJ, the only way to do it is to put these 3(or Elton or any other artist) to do all that Madonna did tonight and at their 53's! that said, I loved tonight's performance and whether she lipsynched some it's no big deal in benefit of the TV show!...as for charts, I don't care if she sky rockets with GMAYL or not, tonight's show has proven she's beyond all the charts shyt, plus MDNA is doing so good! :clap:

Since she paid for all this you just know she's going to recycle ALL those props and costumes for the tour. Can't wait!!

Hmmm? I don't think she paid for it. I think NFL paid for it. It's just she didn't get paid for performing. If you recall, she stated she asked for so much, but then she had realized she had to be more realistic as NFL would only be so flexible.

SIMPLY EPIC. SHE OWNED THE STAGE.

M.I.A. is so BALLSY. She's such a fucking queeeeeeeen. Dear God.

She fuckin KILLED ET.

Did you see that squat???

Holy fuck. She is soon to become a queen of life.

12th Best Moment:

tumblr_lyye6k2Ltd1qlxwl3o1_500.gif

Can she plz plz plz plz go on tour with Madonna?

Shock and Awe!!!!' Shock and Awe!!!!!! am beyond floored. Gave me chills to see that entrance!!!! Just a perfect perfect show that obliterated the history of halftime shows!

Guest astonishing!

Just re-watched in HQ. Fucking amazing. Really don't see what there is to complain about, she absolutely killed it. :inlove:

LAP was possibly the best thing i've ever seen.

I liked it. I don't believe that it was the best thing ever but it was certainly entertaining. My favorite part was LAP and when she dropped down through the smoky opening at the end.

Guest Sinisin

Everybody watch it again and watch her closely during LAP- she is soooooooooo happy, it makes me tear up! Geesh, this is gonna dominate my world for a while!

Since she paid for all this you just know she's going to recycle ALL those props and costumes for the tour. Can't wait!!

no, it was said that the NFL shoulders all the expenses from stage to hotels stays...