What segments do you think the tour will have?

Apples388

FOOTBALL SEGMENT

I think there will probably be a Super Bowl / American football / sport type segment. This is pretty much a given. Probably an extension of the "Give me All Your Luvin'" video. Which probably means some other songs from her catalogue may be given the 'cheerleader' treatment. I can see this segment opening the show. Or perhaps closing it with a big GMAYL finale.

Potential songs: Gimme All your Luvin'; Express Yourself; Turn up the Radio; Girls Gone Wild; Material Girl.

W.E.-INSPIRED SEGMENT

In a similar fashion to Dick Tracy inspiring an entire segment from Blonde Ambition, I have a feeling we'll have a W.E.-inspired segment in this tour. Madonna loves to have different parts of her work bleeding into each other and this is a project she spent 3 years of her blood, sweat and tears on. I can imagine screen projections from the film and costumes inspired from the film and re-worked for the stage. I can even see Madonna or the dancers with the Wallis Simpson 'hat' (you know when she's walking down the street with the tango music and then sees the newspaper headlines.) I can see this being the 2nd or 3rd segment.

Potential songs: Masterpiece; What it Feels Like for a Girl; Sooner or Later; Rainbow High [screen projection].

ARABESQUE/NORTH AFRICAN/EGYPTIAN SEGMENT

This will be inspired by Brahim, her current beau. In addition to some influence from MIA - I can see some of MIA's visual aesthetic in this segment. The casting call in Paris already confirms this. I can see him somehow being involved with this segment - we'll either see him on a screen projection (memo to M: please don't do this! Kylie showed off her boyfriend at the Les Folies Tour and it was cringetastic) or he will be one of the dancers or he'll choreograph something. This may well be the opening segment of the show. Or the 2nd segment.

Potential songs: Vogue; Girls Gone Wild; Frozen; Like a Prayer; MIA's "Bad Girls" mash-up with "Bad Girl" type thing.

This is all I can think of at the moment...

60's Swinger-I can see something totally out of the Beautiful Stranger video. Bright colors, GoGo boots, short dresses, long fluffy hair. Psychedelic.

This will be inspired by Brahim, her current beau. The casting call in Paris already confirms this. I can see him somehow being involved with this segment - we'll either see him on a screen projection (memo to M: please don't do this! Kylie showed off her boyfriend at the Les Folies Tour and it was cringetastic) or he will be one of the dancers or he'll choreograph something. This may well be the opening segment of the show. Or the 2nd segment.

Potential songs: Vogue; Girls Gone Wild; Frozen; Like a Prayer.

But you already did that in your Concubine of Babylon tour! :shock:

I have no idea, but I hope a football segment will b just this one off Vid+Superbowl thing....

I rewatched 'Paris is Burning' the other day, I hope there will b an original classic Vogue

performance...both in sound & choreo :dramatic: I wonder if the Beth Ditto performance inspired her...

Here's 2 hoping the House of Ninja rumours r true :wow:

Guest bluejean

I can't see why she would do a W.E. segment, promoting that film will be long over by then.

Back in 2005 I posted some ideas on a Madonna forum and one of them was Madonna being 'crucified' on a cross. Probably a coincidence but I dare say Jamie King and whoever else lurk all over the internet for ideas :lol:

Guest Fukujima

I have no idea, but I hope a football segment will b just this one off Vid+Superbowl thing....

I rewatched 'Paris is Burning' the other day, I hope there will b an original classic Vogue

performance...both in sound & choreo :dramatic: I wonder if the Beth Ditto performance inspired her...

love Paris is Burning :inlove:

i hope she's gonna use a football/cheerleader segment in this tour and maybe an arabesque segment too..

i wonder if the overall tour will be something edgy and modern a la Confession/ Drowned World Tour or something in the like of Reinvention/Girlie Show (circus themes and theatre)

Guest bluejean

60's Swinger-I can see something totally out of the Beautiful Stranger video. Bright colors, GoGo boots, short dresses, long fluffy hair. Psychedelic.

I like this idea.

Actually, there isn't much in the way of "themes" she hasn't done. I wouldn't mind something really theatrical and avant garde a la Drowned World but with more of a storyline/twist. And I'm not talking following the glitter trail to the Monster's Ball here :lol: Something really bold and in your face, thought provoking but while still maintaining that element of fun.

To the opening I would love a ecstasy segment making reference to the drug. Very colorful, crazy, like a fun rave.

Songs: I'm Addicted, Girls Gone Wild, I Fucked Up, Beautiful Stranger.

Guest Xanthium

FOOTBALL SEGMENT

I think there will probably be a Super Bowl / American football / sport type segment. This is pretty much a given. Probably an extension of the "Give me All Your Luvin'" video. Which probably means some other songs from her catalogue may be given the 'cheerleader' treatment. I can see this segment opening the show. Or perhaps closing it with a big GMAYL finale.

Potential songs: Gimme All your Luvin'; Express Yourself; Turn up the Radio; Girls Gone Wild; Material Girl.

W.E.-INSPIRED SEGMENT

In a similar fashion to Dick Tracy inspiring an entire segment from Blonde Ambition, I have a feeling we'll have a W.E.-inspired segment in this tour. Madonna loves to have different parts of her work bleeding into each other and this is a project she spent 3 years of her blood, sweat and tears on. I can imagine screen projections from the film and costumes inspired from the film and re-worked for the stage. I can even see Madonna or the dancers with the Wallis Simpson 'hat' (you know when she's walking down the street with the tango music and then sees the newspaper headlines.) I can see this being the 2nd or 3rd segment.

Potential songs: Masterpiece; What it Feels Like for a Girl; Sooner or Later; Rainbow High [screen projection].

This will be inspired by Brahim, her current beau. In addition to some influence from MIA - I can see some of MIA's visual aesthetic in this segment. The casting call in Paris already confirms this. I can see him somehow being involved with this segment - we'll either see him on a screen projection (memo to M: please don't do this! Kylie showed off her boyfriend at the Les Folies Tour and it was cringetastic) or he will be one of the dancers or he'll choreograph something. This may well be the opening segment of the show. Or the 2nd segment.

Potential songs: Vogue; Girls Gone Wild; Frozen; Like a Prayer; MIA's "Bad Girls" mash-up with "Bad Girl" type thing.

This is all I can think of at the moment...

She'll definitely do some kind of cheerleader/football player type of thing. I would LOVE an Egyptian version of Vogue. Someone on the board mentioned something like this and it sounds fantastic! I would love some Middle Eastern stuff a la M.I.A.

FOOTBALL SEGMENT

and four minutes

Guest Not4Pussies

an actual euphoric rave segment that goes with the whole MDNA drug theme: ROL, Impressive Instant, Sky Fits Heaven, Nothing Really Matters, Get Together, Future Lovers, not that "futuristic rave" shit we got on S&S

I quite like the idea of an Egyptian segment. I also dig a psychedelic motif too.

I wish she would do something really bizarre, like combine a Victorian England look with a cyborg theme.

So i'm trying to think of what songs will go with the Egyptian segment.

Express Yourself and Material could be a possibility. Bedtime Story? Skin? Rain?

I'd love it if she pulled out Has To Be. :wow:

I quite like the idea of an Egyptian segment. I also dig a psychedelic motif too.

I wish she would do something really bizarre, like combine a Victorian England look with a cyborg theme.

Hope not Gaga bizarre.

I would love for her to make that grand powerful entrance again ala' Super Bowl. But How will that happen logistically in an arena?

The stage set up was magnificent but video screens on the floor as well on stage would be rad. The audience can interact with the show with video screens below their seats!

ugh ikr? the whole football, cheerleading theme annoys me. (boring belgium will hate it)

hopefully no music/into the groove like performances like during the SB and SS.

just some good classic M and a bit of vogue camp like on the SB (probably less extravagant unfortunately) - it gave me a RIT vibe honestly.

i have a bad feeling it will be all about cheerleading though :electropop:

oh, and she better sing live. seriously.

I do think the Superbowl is an exception and isn't necesesarily a hint of the show to come. Other live performances have usually been for album launches and singles that were out at the time.

This show had to be specifically targeted to the event and the set list was made up of guaranteed classics for a global audience. Also, there were logistical limitations with the stage and having to be on and off very quickly which limits what could be done. I can't imagine her using the Vogue entrance again. It was a one-off, like Vogue for MTV Awards. The world has seen it now so wouldn't be such a surprise on the tour. She also started the RIT tour with Vogue (excluding TBW intro) so I think this was a one-off spectacular although I could see some sort of Egyptian theme coming back.

The cheerleader section would work well with True Blue LP tracks.

I'm just hoping she'll avoid ghetto / pimp and latin / gypsy variations.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Maybe there will be a scientific/futuristic type segment to go along with the whole DNA theme.

Or maybe a rave/club segment to tie to the MDMA connection.

I was thinking the football theme would become more a sixties cheerleader / Happy Days / go-go like in the bar in the video. Beautiful Stranger, True Blue and Express Yourself might work well.

No idea about the other themes. I just hope they are not re-hashes of previous ones.

i think there's gonna be another segment where's she gonna play the electric guitar -> gambler

i think the football, cheerleader thing is a given. and i'm pretty sure it will be for the grande final segment of the show. and what songs can fit into that segment: it's a love segment so im guessing

starting the last segment with

nothing really matters

beautiful stranger

true blue

and then a big finale with

give me all your luvin'

I think there will be a cheerleader/girl group segment,where Madonna and her two backup singers are surrounded by cheerleaders.Maybe there will be a 60s theme? Songs that could be included in this segment:

"True Blue"

"Cherish"

"Angel"

"Lucky Star"

"Beautiful Stranger"

"GMAYL"

It'll be a cute,fun segment....like a scene from "Grease".