Let the SHE'S A COPYCAT drama begin!

cosmic_system

I've seen this comparison a few times over the past day and I don't hear it AT ALL.

I was just looking at the animation in your sig, thinking it would be hilarious if someone could replace the helmets/heads with Gaga's mug. lol.

Yes cosmic, I remember it being mentioned here at first a few times now I've saw other forums say it. Can't c it myself but then I'd have to listen closely. :demonic: Don't even like "Bohemian" itself much, it's just a rip-off of "Brown Sugar".

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Give Me A Bucket sounds more like a mash up of Outkast 'Hey Ya' and Avril 'What The Hell'. Not hearing the Dandy Warhols at all.

I was going to do a POLE of the best soundalike songs.

For me I get her own "Over and Over" and "Run"/"Beautiful Stranger". The other obvious references are "Hollaback Cunt", "Mickey" and (oh dear) April Lasange's "Girlfriend".

People are accusing her, so I posted it. I don't think they are similar.. Calm down, I'm not an hater at all.

Having stated that the two songs have no particular similarity or resemblance, it's not like Bohemian was a huge hit or something memorable. I'm sure most people wouldn't even remember the song if you just mentioned the title to them.

So really....who cares?

Next question..... :fag:

Having stated that the two songs have no particular similarity or resemblance, it's not like Bohemian was a huge hit or something memorable. I'm sure most people wouldn't even remember the song if you just mentioned the title to them.

So really....who cares?

I don't know where you live or what kind of music do you listen to but Bohemian was a huge hit, I still hear it in clubs.

ya i can hear it, but ya like everyone says, but it would be different if the song sounded like heart of glass or something like that, dont u think

this is a rock band that no one in the mainstream has heard of and they r males...and its not like M is appearing in the video at the end looking exactly like them crying cuz she ripped them off

ya i can hear it, but ya like everyone says, but it would be different if the song sounded like heart of glass or something like that, dont u think

this is a rock band that no one in the mainstream has heard of and they r males...and its not like M is appearing in the video at the end looking exactly like them crying cuz she ripped them off

:electropop:

So really....who cares?

I'm pretty sure it was a #1 hit a decade ago in the UK (albeit off the back of a Vodaphone commercial). It was what broke them in the mainstream, but the hipsters already knew them in the late 90s with the cool as fuck "Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth" with its fantastic LaChapelle video. It's a well known, memorable song and part of pop culture. End of discussion.

The point is that, even if there was any resemblance between the two songs which appears not to be the case, this would not be a scenario a la BornThisWay/Express Yourself.

Now THAT - Express Yourself - is a song that almost everybody on this planet has not only heard, but is also capable to recognize and identify right away and when I say 'identify' I mean being able to say who sang it and how the song sounds right after hearing the title.

That's what makes the whole thread - and especially the title - pointless and uselessly dramatic.

Bohemian Like You is played almost everyday in the US, it's been featured in so many commercials and movies over the years. Personally, I had no idea it was a Dandy Warhol song. Luv them, I think I heard they're coming out with a new record this year. I look forward to it. In the meantime, Welcome To The Monkey House is their best record, and I shall listen to it in the next few minutes. Love that Veronica Mars track "We Use To Be Friends."

That's what makes the whole thread - and especially the title - pointless and uselessly dramatic.

Especially when you tried to claim that this song was not known and unmemorable when MONTHS AGO when it first leaked on here some posters already brought up "Bohemian" free of will. Now if this song was such an obscure flop, why would they do that?

I think the thread title was also somewhat tongue in cheek, referencing the Gaga storm. I never personally saw it myself, but others have done for a while.. so it's there in some form.

Especially when you tried to claim that this song was not known and unmemorable when MONTHS AGO when it first leaked on here some posters already brought up "Bohemian" free of will. Now if this song was such an obscure flop, why would they do that?

I think the thread title was also somewhat tongue in cheek, referencing the Gaga storm. I never personally saw it myself, but others have done for a while.. so it's there in some form.

I wonder how many people can recall not only who sang Express Yourself but also HUM IT like boogiewoogie said in 2012.

THANK YOU.

Bohemian was a huge hit, I still hear it in clubs.

:rotfl: Really?! Retro nights? Anyway I loved the Dandy Warhols from 'not if you were the last junky on earth' onwards and there is NO comparison.