GMAYL 1st day airplay AI set 2nd highest record in history!

horn

So let me get this straight....

For THIS week she will have 3 days of sales and airplay? Fri, Sat and Sun? Does Mon count for next week or this week?

So these first 3-4 days will reflect on the 2/18 chart?? The 2/25 chart would reflect her first full week??

Sorry for 8,000 questions but I always get confused by this stuff.

SALES Feb 3-5; AIRPLAY Feb 3-7... this week

SALES Feb 6-12; AIRPLAY Feb 8-14... next week

no need to panic if GMAYL falls for now... Superbowl is tomorrow... and when the pre-order tie-in ends, the attention may shift to the GMAYL single... then the remixes are still to come...

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

SALES Feb 3-5; AIRPLAY Feb 3-7... this week

SALES Feb 6-12; AIRPLAY Feb 8-14... next week

no need to panic if GMAYL falls for now... Superbowl is tomorrow... and when the pre-order tie-in ends, the attention may shift to the GMAYL single... then the remixes are still to come...

the remixes!!! :dramatic: how long till those come out? does anyone remember how it was last time around with the '4 minutes' ones? i thought the HC mixes were dire apart from the GI2M ones, but i have a feeling the ones this time are going to be fantastic.

and yes, we can officially start panicking if the song doesn't do shit after the halftime show. nothing to see here yet, folks!

Thanks mtzlpik!

So it's very possible that the song will drop or remain steady in it's second week? Once the promo plays stop and the Super Bowl hype dies down a bit later in the week. This may be the first Madonna single in a while to not start big and drop fast. It seems like this one could start big, drop a little then pick back up again. All this is so exciting!! I've missed Madonna on the charts!!

This will not go #1 on the Hot 100.

Just hope for a Top 10.

I'm not asking this in a defensive or defiant manner, I just have been here long enough to know that you know your shit when it comes to the charts.

What makes you so confident it's not going to number one? It seems like it has a better possibility than even 4M did.

thebigham may be right, cause the chances for a number one havent been great the last couple of years. but the tone is very negative. let's stay in positive mood with all this exciting m, promo times. enjoy the single for what it is, funny, catchy pop song. with a great video.

first signs of airplay are good, pre-sales are huge, just wait for tomorrow and see how she delivers this one live. i'd love a number one but even if it went into top 5 its still great. a career of how many years staying relevant and scoring hits.

seriously,if it reaches the Top 10,that's a major accomplishment.Number One would be the icing on the cake,but I'd be satisfied with a Top 10 position.

Yeah, I agree. These days Madonna going top 10 for her lead single and top 40 for the second single would be quite an accomplishment. Gosh...she hasn't done that since....technically AL I suppose :confused: if you count DAD as the lead single and AL as the albums second single.

Until thebigham just came in and crushed my dreams :lol: I thought this song had a good shot at number one though. :(

Until thebigham just came in and crushed my dreams :lol: I thought this song had a good shot at number one though. :(

thebigham is just avoiding himself from disappointment and he is just minimizing his expectations...

we are in uncharted territory here and no one really knows what's going to happen after the SUPERBOWL... anything is possible, a #1 is just as possible as a Top 10...

I personally would love to see Madonna go #1 in the U.S. It's not an "obsession". It's just been over 10 years since she had a single to do so. I feel that over the last ten years, she had so many potentials that just missed the opportunity due to the lack of airplay. That all said, my main concern is longevity. No matter where it debuts, it will most likely debut big... a top ten... most likely top 5... if we're lucky, #1! But what about the longevity of the track? I do miss the days where songs just gradually climb to the position. Right now, we are fooling ourselves if this high debut is genuine audience interest. The song is being force fed to radio station and listeners. It's great exposure to the song, but if radio or listeners don't care about the song, it will plummet quickly. I personally think a song's true success is not necessarily if it reaches #1, but how well it actually sells and how long it stays on the charts and the longevity of airplay. There have been plenty of classic songs that didn't even reach the top 10 or the top spot, and much of it is due to the fact that it got decent reception over a spanned period of time. A good song's life time on the radio and charts is 16 to 20 weeks. There have been many which do last longer. if you got a song playing on radio for more than 6 months or longer, you have a smash on your hands. Though, if the song debuts within the top 5 or #1, specifically due to it being force fed to the public, what happens afterwards? Week one it hits the top 5. It could hang in the top 10 for a couple weeks, but the reality of staying in the top 40 for more than a month is slim. I think this is the reality of what's going on with force fed songs like this. As stated, I miss the days when a hit song was genuine audience interest. I used to remember that radio would actually listen to their listeners when requesting songs. Now it's all corporate!

how much airplay/sales does adele's set fire to the rain have??? or kelly clarkson's stronger song cuz that made a huge jump to number two!?!? oddly enough

so madonna will have to beat that in three days, i think not, maybe the second week, but it will be her only chance, cuz the grammys r after that and we all know adele is going to sweep them and it always reflects back on billboard, so she only has next week to make it to number one, sorry

i pray for a top ten for these three days-is that EVEN possible?

ya but if she has a deal with channel radio or whatever, they play her song every damn hour, the impressions today should be the same the first day?????? i dont see the radios just dropping her completely after the first three day deal, cuz live nation owns clear channel!

sales will increase tomorrow, i dont know how its doing on us itunes, i heard it dropped to 12, ugh

so i am hoping ur top 20 thing is correct and top 10 the following week

ya but if she has a deal with channel radio or whatever, they play her song every damn hour, the impressions today should be the same the first day?????? i dont see the radios just dropping her completely after the first three day deal, cuz live nation owns clear channel!

sales will increase tomorrow, i dont know how its doing on us itunes, i heard it dropped to 12, ugh

so i am hoping ur top 20 thing is correct and top 10 the following week

if this is right, i mean live nation saying CC to play the song, I expect that it will stay in the top 20 in the first week...of course, I hope I´m wrong and it reaches number 1!!

No, the massive gains will cease starting with the fourth day, as the hour-on-the-hour play will cease for most (if not all) stations.

Kurt, the first Hot 100 week will reflect the first three days of sales, and the first five days of airplay.

Guest HaveASit

She needs something around 350 points to be safe. Kelly clarkson and adele are having numbers above 300. This will not happen next week, because the sales end this Sunday. The airplay of the new Billboard hot 100 list is the number of wednesday ( day 8). Soo, the position of GMAYL will be the sales of this weekend plus the airplay until wednesday.

The countdown of sales of the following week starts Monday ( day 6), just after the superbowl and the album + GMAYL promotion. The sales will show their strenght here, with the hole week of operation. But the HUGE problem is: the airplay of this week.

With these enormous upgrades on GMAYL airplay this weekend, the rolling will be enormous as well the following weekend. Sooo, we need to see if the radios will stay playing the song, if they dont, the airplay will fall down like a bomb and the points of GMAYL will be basically the sales.

For those who dont know what rolling is, let me explain a bit more:

Imagine this situation of airplay gains of a song launched Sunday:

Day 1 of airplay (Monday): 35.000 radio points

Day 2: 35.000 + 15.000( the gain) = 50.000

Day 3: 50.000 + 12.000 (the gain) = 62.000 points

Day 4: 62.000 + 8.000( the gain) = 70.000

Day 5: 70.000 + 5.000( the gain) = 75.000

Day 6: 75.000 + 3.000( gain) = 78.000

Day 7: 78.000 + 2.000( gain) = 80.000

Day 8 ( one week after Monday) : the gain was 2.000, but the song started one week before with 35.000. So: 80.000 + 2.000 - 35.000 = 47.000

Edited by Matheus

Well, I've yet to hear GMAYL on the two popular radio stations in my neck of the woods. Granted, I don't live in the big cities, but it seems Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry are the only artists that I'm hearing "every hour". "Mr. Know It All" and "Stronger" are getting massive airplay. Katy Perry is managing to get airplay from one of her songs every 30 minutes. Love both these gals, but love to see Madonna get this same airplay!