GMAYL 1st day airplay AI set 2nd highest record in history!

horn

Guest boytoyville

Checked Kiss FM and Z100 and KDWB(Minneapolis) playlist after superbowl a few times and haven't seen GMAYL getting airplay. Hope it gets spins post superbowl. I am kind of nervous!

Checked Kiss FM and Z100 and KDWB(Minneapolis) playlist after superbowl a few times and haven't seen GMAYL getting airplay. Hope it gets spins post superbowl. I am kind of nervous!

I live in KDWB's area and they stopped playing the song ever hour Saturday night after 9PM and then started playing it on the hour again many hours later.

BTW...everyone can check U.S. station playlist logs at www.yes.com

Everybody go to iTunes and purchase the single separately....even if you already pre-ordered the album.Let's get this song to Number One!!! Spread the word on other Madonna fansites.Let's work together to give Madonna another #1 hit single.

moving up GAYL is now no. 3 in itunes

That's great enough! She has everything against her! She has never felt so pressed to be GREAT. Did she ever had SO MUCH competition??? I mean, this is not a Cindy Lauper situation. Now she has MULTIPLE competitors in the pop world and had to perform THAT SUPERBOWL show to keep her legacy in the USA. THAT SHOW WAS CRUEL!

I was so hoping and almost convinced that she was gonna get another billboard no1. If that performance watched by 100 million people + can't get her to itunes no1 I don't know what can. So annoyed.

The only way she will get to the top spot is if the song actually catches on. So instead of buying the single multiple times, gift it instead to friends and family. Share the video on your Facebook and twitter. Lead by example meaning express your luv for the single to friends so that they also feel the need to go out and buy it.

Guest bluejean

That's great enough! She has everything against her! She has never felt so pressed to be GREAT. Did she ever had SO MUCH competition??? I mean, this is not a Cindy Lauper situation. Now she has MULTIPLE competitors in the pop world and had to perform THAT SUPERBOWL show to keep her legacy in the USA. THAT SHOW WAS CRUEL!

What are you talking about?

The only way she will get to the top spot is if the song actually catches on. So instead of buying the single multiple times, gift it instead to friends and family. Share the video on your Facebook and twitter. Lead by example meaning express your luv for the single to friends so that they also feel the need to go out and buy it.

:thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

Look it up. :queenbitch:

Look what up? I actually didn't understand what you meant about "that show was cruel." There was nothing cruel about it, Madonna was simply doing everything to promote her new album/tour. Kind of normal I would have thought.

Look what up? I actually didn't understand what you meant about "that show was cruel." There was nothing cruel about it, Madonna was simply doing everything to promote her new album/tour. Kind of normal I would have thought.

Is it normal for her to promote this as "the greatest show ever on earth"? Is it normal for her to hold a press conference about it? It is even normal to perform at the Superbowl? She even said herself how much pressure she was feeling!

C'mon. :abuse:

cruel for her I think the poster means, not cruel to watch

Great debut for Madonna's Give Me All Your Luvin' on the US radio rotation!

Aided by Clear Channel's promotion of the song - participating pop stations in the chain played it at the top of every hour from Friday at 9 a.m. ET until the game's kickoff last night - Madonna's Give Me All Your Luvin' soars onto Billboard's Nielsen BDS-based Pop Songs chart at No. 24 as the format's Greatest Gainer (2,766 opening-week plays).

After less than three days of availability, the song registered airplay on 125 of the chart's 141 reporters. The chart's seven-day tracking period closed, per usual, at midnight ET last night.

Notably, plays on Clear Channel stations accounted for 79% of Give Me All Your Luvin's first-week airplay at the format overall (2,196 of 2,766 total plays).

Give Me All Your Luvin' isn't the first occurrence of Clear Channel flexing its considerable muscle to bring new music to its listeners. On the Nov. 26, 2011, chart, Rihanna's You Da One stormed in at No. 26 with 2,133 first-week plays after the chain's pop stations similarly premiered it.

In perhaps a gauge of pop airplay next week for Give Me All Your Luvin', Rihanna's You DaOne fell by 24% in airplay - and from No. 26 to No. 30 on Pop Songs - in its second week without the assistance of Clear Channel's promotion. Still, the song eventually rebounded, rising as high as No. 19 last week.

With Give Me All Your Luvin', Madonna tallies her seventh top-25 debut, the most since the survey premiered the week of Oct. 3, 1992.

4 Minutes also arrived at No. 24 the week of April 5, 2008. The week of March 7, 1998, Frozen scorched the chart at No. 16. To-date, the arrival remains one of the four highest in the chart's history.

Beyond Pop Songs, Give Me All Your Luvin' simultaneously starts at No. 33 on the Rhythmic airplay chart, No. 35 on Adult Pop Songs and No. 20 on Dance/Mix Show Airplay.

Source: Billboard.

so for three days the song sold 100,000 on itunes...so with that and radio...the song should break the top 20 on billboard this week!?!?!?!?

things would have been different if they had just released it the full week prior to the superbowl, argh

so for three days the song sold 100,000 on itunes...so with that and radio...the song should break the top 20 on billboard this week!?!?!?!?

things would have been different if they had just released it the full week prior to the superbowl, argh

Do those sales include the free copies we got with pre-orders?

Will those count towards Billboard?

i wonder if the sales will keep stable and growing ...and the radio airplay won't fall too quickly...number 1 will be difficult because of Adele and Kelly ...oh well we'll see in the coming weeks, another top 10 would be a big triumph and if top 5 a big plus!

i wonder if the sales will keep stable and growing ...and the radio airplay won't fall too quickly...number 1 will be difficult because of Adele and Kelly ...oh well we'll see in the coming weeks, another top 10 would be a big triumph and if top 5 a big plus!

judging by the way she is selling, it will be a 3-way for this week's competition (Feb 6-12 sales and Feb 8-14 airplay)... Madonna, Adele and Kelly...

right now, MADONNA is almost assured of a Top 3 placing in the Billboard HOT 100 after this week's (Feb. 8) chart...

the sales need to keep on climbing...

I really hope Madonna gets her 13th #1 Billboard single in the USA. It would tie her with Michael Jackson for #1 singles in the US, and we know that she is the #2 Artist of All-time in Billboard (just behind the Beatles).

Hasn't every Madonna studio album had at least one Top 10 hit?

The promotion for her right now is phenomenal! It's like she's in her heyday again!

Edited by madonnaman

I really hope Madonna gets her 13th #1 Billboard single in the USA. It would tie her with Michael Jackson for #1 singles in the US, and we know that she is the #2 Artist of All-time in Billboard (just behind the Beatles).

Hasn't every Madonna studio album had at least one Top 10 hit?

The promotion for her right now is phenomenal! It's like she's in her heyday again!

Except American life unless you count DAD but that was released before the album from the soundtrack