GMAYL 1st day airplay AI set 2nd highest record in history!

horn

Yah- it's part of the SB promo- also the chance to win tickets to see Madonna's first concert on the tour (as promoted on the station websites). Not all stations that have played it are playing it hour-on-the-hour, but a good chunk of them are doing so.

Payola is a label giving a station money to play a song- that doesn't happen, and hasn't for some time (at least that's what's reported). There are other ways around that, such as a label giving a station incentives and giving them the chance to be part of a promotion (i.e. this SB and concert promo).

Even though this level of airplay may be fleeting, we should take it in and enjoy it- it's kinda like the old days, when a new Madonna single was a radio event. :D

WPLJ and Lite Fm 106.7 in NY are playing it too. It is shocking to me that Lite fm is playing Nicki Minaj and MIA. Is there a no rap version?

In Detroit one of our top40 channels, WKQI Channel 95.5, is owned by ClearChannel so they play it every hour. I listened at 9am on Friday and the people on the morning show almost apologized for having to play this song every single hour and they said the decision comes from above so they couldn't really do anything.

The other top40 channel, WDZH AMP Radio, is owned by CBS. They still haven't played the song.

One of our HOT AC channels, WDVD 96.3, has been playing the song since Friday. Every 3 hours. They are owned by Cumulus Broadcasting.

All I hear on the radio is dance music. Dance is huge in the US right now. Even our HOT AC channels have "We Found Love" and "Without You" by guetta in power rotation. Which is insane because HOT AC is supposed to play rock leaning tracks. Madge needed a hot dance killer track. All I hear from everyday people around me or from gays when I go to the bars is that Madonna is better than that and she doesn't need those younger artists.

Guest missy bi_tch

thebigham is just avoiding himself from disappointment and he is just minimizing his expectations...

we are in uncharted territory here and no one really knows what's going to happen after the SUPERBOWL... anything is possible, a #1 is just as possible as a Top 10...

Oh we gotta be realistic. It is lucky to score Top 10 and collaborating with two female artists with no visible streak of Top 10 hits, a little more than than five combined, it will be great to be in Top 10.

#1, I guess not... There's Adele and Kelly Clarkson. So hardly a chance. Once Super Bowl is over, it will be over for GMAYL. And bear in mind album sales will probably be dismal.

WPLJ and Lite Fm 106.7 in NY are playing it too. It is shocking to me that Lite fm is playing Nicki Minaj and MIA. Is there a no rap version?

In Detroit one of our top40 channels, WKQI Channel 95.5, is owned by ClearChannel so they play it every hour. I listened at 9am on Friday and the people on the morning show almost apologized for having to play this song every single hour and they said the decision comes from above so they couldn't really do anything.

The other top40 channel, WDZH AMP Radio, is owned by CBS. They still haven't played the song.

One of our HOT AC channels, WDVD 96.3, has been playing the song since Friday. Every 3 hours. They are owned by Cumulus Broadcasting.

All I hear on the radio is dance music. Dance is huge in the US right now. Even our HOT AC channels have "We Found Love" and "Without You" by guetta in power rotation. Which is insane because HOT AC is supposed to play rock leaning tracks. Madge needed a hot dance killer track. All I hear from everyday people around me or from gays when I go to the bars is that Madonna is better than that and she doesn't need those younger artists.

Samehere its the same in Montreal yet we get a Avril Lavigne track by Madonna. This could have been a huge moment in her career with a great song. God even my mother hates the song.

It looks like Give Me All Your Luvin' is N° 8 on the Itunes USA top 10 songs.

Is that correct?

:dramatic:

No, thats without explicit tracks. It's back up at #11.

well like everyone said the radio add isnt until feb. 7th, so maybe thats why other nonlive nation owned stations arent playing it as much

ugh it stalled out at 11...well i guess we'll see how it works out tomorrow evening

well like everyone said the radio add isnt until feb. 7th, so maybe thats why other nonlive nation owned stations arent playing it as much

ugh it stalled out at 11...well i guess we'll see how it works out tomorrow evening

for TOP 40 stations it's already on rotation in 135 stations the first day... out of what? around 156 stations... only a few haven't played it yet... I don't know for HOTAC stations though

I heard the song on Mix 102.7 in NYC as well. It's a Hot AC station and I was surprised. I figured only Z100 and KTU would be spinning it until at least the add date. It's funny that AC stations are playing the rap version - they don't even play the rap version of Beyonce's Crazy in Love" and they even play a non-Colbie Adonis version of "Just Dance," which is so bizarre to me. He's not a rapper!

Samehere its the same in Montreal yet we get a Avril Lavigne track by Madonna. This could have been a huge moment in her career with a great song. God even my mother hates the song.

Interesting. My dad is 65 and has never, ever stated that he likes a Madonna song, yet when I was showing my mum the video today, he declared that he thought the song was "great" and that it had a real 60s vibe, which he thought was cool. Mum really liked it, too. Suffice to say I was very surprised, especially by my dad's reaction...!!

The sales will be massive tomorrow.I just know it! Alot of people will see her perform it on the SuperBowl and rush to iTunes to purchase it.And if,as expected,she does an astonishing performance,there is no way she can lose.This song will be a hit.

This song seems to be connecting unexpected people. My friend who can't stand Madonna said he loves this song as it reminds him of 60's happy songs. I think this song can have success even after super bowl.

for TOP 40 stations it's already on rotation in 135 stations the first day... out of what? around 156 stations... only a few haven't played it yet... I don't know for HOTAC stations though

Good news

Day 1 MADONNA - Give Me All Your Luvin': 14.262 (+ 14.252)

Day 2 MADONNA - Give Me All Your Luvin': 29.811 (+ 15.549)

:thumbsup:

My friend's best friend's mother's daughter doesn't like Don't Tell Me, but she likes Beautiful Stranger.

My 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Bricker only likes Madonna's ballads.

My cat doesn't like Hung Up but she likes Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix).

So that's 2 audience impressions right?