GMAYL 1st day airplay AI set 2nd highest record in history!

horn

MADONNA - Give Me All Your Luvin': 14.262 (+ 14.252 )

Madonna highest AI in her career!

Second highest in history, only behind Gaga BTW (25m)!

She beats Mimi's "Touch My Body", Britney "Hold It Against Me" & Rihanna "You Da One" record!

:dramatic:

MADONNA - Give Me All Your Luvin': 14.262 (+ 14.252 )

Madonna highest AI in her career!

Second highest in history, only behind Gaga BTW (25m)!

She beats Mimi's "Touch My Body", Britney "Hold It Against Me" & Rihanna "You Da One" record!

:dramatic:

That's amazing news. Finally she gets the payola she deserves. Hopefully it keeps going up and radios won't stop playing after the clear channel promo is over. I'd die if she gets a billboard no.1 even for a week.

This is bought airplay. Let's see what happens after Monday... Plus, the rolling effect is going to be huge. You saw what happened with Riri's You Da One. It flopped hard. You can't force the public to like a song if they don't.

That's amazing news. Finally she gets the payola she deserves. Hopefully it keeps going up and radios won't stop playing after the clear channel promo is over. I'd die if she gets a billboard no.1 even for a week.

* Take note *

This is bought airplay. I don't know if we should be happy about it. Let's see what happens after Monday... Plus, the rolling effect is going to be huge. You saw what happened with Riri's You Da One. It flopped hard. You can't force the public to like a song if they don't.

the album is #1 on all the worlds itunes charts (except Australia?) so I feel like they accomplished what they set out to already

This is bought airplay. Let's see what happens after Monday... Plus, the rolling effect is going to be huge. You saw what happened with Riri's You Da One. It flopped hard. You can't force the public to like a song if they don't.

This is what everyone is doing these day.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Of course, NOT that 0.99-cents-album-club PLEASE.

the first 4 days of airplay will be insane... imagine 1 spin every hour... since it got 1000 spins in a day... should we expect a 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 trend? the massive gains will only stop on the 8th day...

Wow that's great news . I hope the momentum keeps building up and turns it into a huge hit.

Guest groovyguy

What's "AI"?? :D

Audience Impressions

Refers to airplay points which is a calculation of the number of times a song is played and the audience size of the station playing the tune. A song can pick up an airplay point every time it is selected to be played on specific radio stations that Billboard monitors.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Wow that's great news . I hope the momentum keeps building up and turns it into a huge hit.

i really hope so. that's my big fear...that after this promo thing is over this weekend, the song is going to be shunned from radio. hopefully the superbowl will give it a huge boost. i sooooooo want this to be a big hit for her here in america. it's been too long. she deserves to be back on radio, seeing as to how SHE practically paved the way for the rest of these rejects who get played 24/7. america needs to respect the queen again.

I certainly hope radio stations don't bail out on the song once the promotion is over. That would only prove how radio is giving Madonna the cold shoulder. Unfortunately the single has stalled and NOW dropped on the ITUNES chart in the U.S. It reach #11 and stayed there for sometime, but now it's dropped to #12.

i really hope so. that's my big fear...that after this promo thing is over this weekend, the song is going to be shunned from radio. hopefully the superbowl will give it a huge boost. i sooooooo want this to be a big hit for her here in america. it's been too long. she deserves to be back on radio, seeing as to how SHE practically paved the way for the rest of these rejects who get played 24/7. america needs to respect the queen again.

I'm crossing my fingers , thighs and legs for this to be a BIG hit in the US. She deserves a great comeback with this. I like what M.I.A said that she respected Madonna for coming back and showing everyone that she started all this .

I certainly hope radio stations don't bail out on the song once the promotion is over. That would only prove how radio is giving Madonna the cold shoulder. Unfortunately the single has stalled and NOW dropped on the ITUNES chart in the U.S. It reach #11 and stayed there for sometime, but now it's dropped to #12.

i was certainly hoping it would be in the top ten by now, but i'm not too worried about the sales. now, if tomorrow it still isn't there after the halftime show, then yeah...i'll be worried. but i'm pretty sure that's where they were aiming to get the bulk of the sales from anyway, so everything seems to be going well for now. out of the millions watching the superbowl, SURELY a good chunk of them will like the song and purchase it. so i think we're okay for now. :thumbsup: it's a catchy song...it's not like she just dropped 'american life part 2' or something. the public should respond to it pretty well.

well I don't know how PAYOLA works but just because the 'every hour' thing ends, I don't think that means "promo" ends completely .

I actually believe the same. There is no way they are going to just say... "here's X amount of dollars to play it for the three days" and then that's it. I suspect there is a deal to make sure they keep playing it.

I'm crossing my fingers , thighs and legs for this to be a BIG hit in the US. She deserves a great comeback with this. I like what M.I.A said that she respected Madonna for coming back and showing everyone that she started all this .

:lol: me too! i know it's not her most 'OMG GROUNDBREAKING' first single, but it's catchy as fuck, and it's pure pop and radio friendly, while still being just outside of the sound all the other bitches are doing. it fits in with the current sound in music, while also standing apart from the rest, which i hope will be to its advantage. i just feel like, hopefully, if this song makes it...if it can become a big radio hit, be popular with the general public...maybe, just maybe it will open the door for her other singles to get played here as well. from what we've heard (GGW & TUTR) the songs certainly sound like they could fit on US radio, which is something 'give it 2 me', as much as i love it, lacked...so hopefully this means she'll have more than one US hit from this album. i really really really hope so.

So let me get this straight....

For THIS week she will have 3 days of sales and airplay? Fri, Sat and Sun? Does Mon count for next week or this week?

So these first 3-4 days will reflect on the 2/18 chart?? The 2/25 chart would reflect her first full week??

Sorry for 8,000 questions but I always get confused by this stuff.