Seriously...after all this hoopla... GMAYL should make #1! Elites agree¿?

Candylipsgirl

gmayl is not going to flop. it's also not a #1 song. and that's ok.

Exactly.Where is it written that a song is only successful if it reaches Number One? I think a Top 10 spot is a major accomplishment for a 53-year old artist."4 Minutes" didn't reach Number One and it's still considered one of her biggest hits in recent years.It's OK if GMAYL doesn't reach Number One.

When I thought GMAYL might be in trouble was when I saw that it was not hitting #1 worldwide right away on iTunes, like Hung Up, Celebration & 4 Minutes did. I was unsure about the US, but expected a quick rise everywhere else. But, it never hit #1, according to this site ( http://kworb.net/pop/ ) Its still not #1 anywhere. That's unexpected for an M single, which points to it being a weak first single.

Personally, I love the song, but the general public doesn't seem to be liking it very much for some reason. Or who knows, maybe the song will turn into a grower? We'll see. Still, it won't be a flop, it will be top 10 worldwide for sure. At most it will just be an under-performing lead single.

I'm not surprised at all, gmayl isn't a good song, an average pop song, Madonna sales it well with the video, the visual and her superstar aura, but this song does nothing for me, and I'm a big fan. I'm a bit angry because she had 4 years to work and prepare some good pop songs, and we have gmayl for first single. 4 years for doing WE, a movie nobody saw and want to see, except hardcore fan. But well, I love her, the superbowl was amazing, the cover and the title of the album are cool, all her interviews was Madonna at her top, so I will wait & see... but for gmayl, I made up my mind... (ok and maybe I did have a bad night and I'm freezing in my office :lol: )

May I add that (even if I'm french) Martin Solveig is a terrible producer and I hate every single song he did, except Rocking Music which was one of Ibiza summer hit back in 2003... Since then meh and I don't want to start with hello, the dragonnette & big in Japan :nocomment:

oh gawd please... not another meltdown just because it is underperforming....

GMAYL was doing ok worldwide... it all went wrong with that ridiculous disappearance...

see what happened to even MDNA? it was firmly sitting at #1 in the US, when it disappeared, it can't go back inside the Top 10 anymore...

sadly, that disappearance apparently was worldwide as well, even the MDNA album lost its footing and momentum...

can't they get it right next time and avoid this?

imagine GMAYL was gaining on Stronger now it can't even re-enter the Top 10 coz of the reduced momentum...

not to mention this "lull" after a great great performance... see the tour announcement didn't even make much news...

i can understand the indifference to the song at first... that's what I felt too in the first month or so with the leak, but i learned to like it, it's a grower

Hey, maybe for the first time in 10 years she will do better in US chart than worldwide... Sorry for being a downer here, but I love her so much and I really want good music from her, I'm sure MDNA will have some fantastic tunes, I'm optimistic.

ok, the song is not THAT BAD, please!! it´s not her best, that´s sure and ovbious, but is , still, as good as some of the biggest hits hot the last year.Anyways, I still think she has better things waiting for us in the album, this song was picked just because of the football theme...at least I hope so!

I'm not surprised at all, gmayl isn't a good song, an average pop song, Madonna sales it well with the video, the visual and her superstar aura, but this song does nothing for me, and I'm a big fan. I'm a bit angry because she had 4 years to work and prepare some good pop songs, and we have gmayl for first single. 4 years for doing WE, a movie nobody saw and want to see, except hardcore fan. But well, I love her, the superbowl was amazing, the cover and the title of the album are cool, all her interviews was Madonna at her top, so I will wait & see... but for gmayl, I made up my mind...

I agree with all of this.

I'm not surprised at all, gmayl isn't a good song, an average pop song, Madonna sales it well with the video, the visual and her superstar aura, but this song does nothing for me, and I'm a big fan. I'm a bit angry because she had 4 years to work and prepare some good pop songs, and we have gmayl for first single. 4 years for doing WE, a movie nobody saw and want to see, except hardcore fan. But well, I love her, the superbowl was amazing, the cover and the title of the album are cool, all her interviews was Madonna at her top, so I will wait & see... but for gmayl, I made up my mind... (ok and maybe I did have a bad night and I'm freezing in my office :lol: )

I agree !!! The main problem is the song ! It`s a weak lead single :thumbsdown:

here is how I see it as of now;

GMAYL is an ad for Madonna's return ("LUV Madonna") and the superbowl (clear channel GMAYL promo ended w/ superbowl)... MDNA pre-sold #1 around the globe and Madonna's halftime show was the most watched event in US TV history. So the song did it's job and the focus will begin shifting to single #2 in March (presumably just a good song with no other agenda) to further push the album over the top?

GMAYL is an ad for Madonna's return ("LUV Madonna") and the superbowl (clear channel GMAYL promo ended w/ superbowl)... MDNA pre-sold #1 around the globe and Madonna's halftime show was the most watched event in US TV history. So the song did it's job and the focus will begin shifting to single #2 in March (presumably just a good song with no other agenda) to further push the album over the top?

We are all thankful for that... it's just the iTunes fuck-up that's irritating... it's not a difficult problem to solve and perfect... it happened before, yet they haven't learned... that's what is annoying

Is it official that we get a single #2 in March???

I think it would be a great idea to release a second single one week before the album release !

Is it official that we get a single #2 in March???

I think it would be a great idea to release a second single one week before the album release !

I'm just speculating... there was talk early on that there would be 2 singles before the album... GuyO said it I think.

I sorta agree with this.GMAYL should be treated as "teaser/Super Bowl promo" single.I mean,let's be honest....now that football season is over,are people really gonna be interested in a song with cheerleading and a football-themed video? The song did its job: it promoted Madonna's Super Bowl appearance (which was the most-watched halftime show in history),now we can move on to the second single.I hope Madonna starts filming a new video immediately before she gets too preoccupied with tour rehearsals.

We are all thankful for that... it's just the iTunes fuck-up that's irritating... it's not a difficult problem to solve and perfect... it happened before, yet they haven't learned... that's what is annoying

Sorry to be dense, but can you give me a simple explanation of the iTunes 'fuck up'? I can't work out exactly what's happened.