Seriously...after all this hoopla... GMAYL should make #1! Elites agree¿?

Candylipsgirl

Guest FrozenEyes

I think people just had their hopes set too high thinking this was going to be a ROL era. I think she seems to be doing pretty well considering the actual song.

Guest FrozenEyes

did my 67 yr old dad just email me GMAYL ?>?!?!? hahaha yes he did and he said "Your welcome......." as if i didnt have it. bless his heart!

That's really neat!

did my 67 yr old dad just email me GMAYL ?>?!?!? hahaha yes he did and he said "Your welcome......." as if i didnt have it. bless his heart!

This is lovely. I wanna cry.

Guest bluejean

As far as I'm concerned,any song that's in the Top 40 is a hit song,but some fans won't be satisfied with anything less than #1 ;)

It will be a shame if it just misses out on the top 10 though. There's not alot of difference between #11 and #10 but in the world of statistics it's a huge difference.

everyone is saying a top ten cuz of some 'friend saying so' lol

i am already disappointed cuz all i wanted was a top ten!!!! now she will never have that, oh well her legacy still lives on and her tour will be a massive huge success....but there will be no more promo after next month SAD

everyone is saying a top ten cuz of some 'friend saying so' lol

i am already disappointed cuz all i wanted was a top ten!!!! now she will never have that, oh well her legacy still lives on and her tour will be a massive huge success....but there will be no more promo after next month SAD

You may still get your wish.The Billboard chart hasn't been released yet ;)

I'm hearing a rumour that it's moved up to #11 on the Billboard Hot 100.

It's good to see it move up, but I'd almost rather it stayed at #13! :lol:

Number 11 and number 2 are just the worst!! So annoying!!

what change?

I think that was the week they increased the weight of airplay in their formula, so POG came up short.

I really hate Billboard's Hot 100 determination. In my opinion it should be purely sales-based. This airplay/streaming bullshit is retarded. Even with call-out scoring, artists have little to no control over airplay and all audience numbers are based on estimates. No one knows how many people actually hear a given song.

Guest bluejean

I think that was the week they increased the weight of airplay in their formula, so POG came up short.

I really hate Billboard's Hot 100 determination. In my opinion it should be purely sales-based. This airplay/streaming bullshit is retarded. Even with call-out scoring, artists have little to no control over airplay and all audience numbers are based on estimates. No one knows how many people actually hear a given song.

Very true. I think iTunes is a closer indication of what's popular. Do they do a weekly chart?

And in relation to POG, yes, that is right. They changed the rules just as it was about to hit the top 10, it would definitely have been in there.

Why is everyone acting like the song is over and that this will be its peak? "Hung Up" peaked the week the album was released and the same very well may happen this time. Also, Rihanna's "Only Girl" reached its peak when the album dropped too - and that was AFTER the second single had already hit #1. Granted, Madonna's not hot shit anymore, so that's unlikely to happen, but she could crack the Top 10 at the end of March when everyone will be buying the album.

bighams' post in the Chart forum.....

Paul Grein's Yahoo Chart Blog:

1. Kelly Clarkson, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)." The song holds at #1 for the second week in its eighth week on the chart. This is its fourth week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #2 (260K).

2. Adele, "Set Fire To The Rain." The former #1 song holds at #2 its 24rd week on the chart. This is its eighth week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #4 (187K).

3. fun. featuring Janelle Monae, "We Are Young." The song vaults from #41 to #3 in its eighth week. This is the first top 10 hit for both acts. Digital sales rank: #1 (296K).

4. LMFAO, "Sexy And I Know It." The former #1 song rebounds from #7 to #4 in its 24th week on the chart. This is its 21st week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #5 (170K).

5. Flo Rida, "Good Feeling." The song drops from #3 to #5 in its 20th week on the chart. This is its 15th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #13 (111K).

6. Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris, "We Found Love." The former #1 song drops from #4 to #6 in its 21st week on the chart. This is its 20th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #17 (89K).

7. Whitney Houston, "I Will Always Love You." The former #1 song re-enters at #7. This is its 17th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #3 (195K).

8. David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj, "Turn Me On." The song drops from #5 to #8 in its 11th week on the chart. This is its fifth week in the top 10. The song tops the 1 million mark in digital sales this week. Digital sales rank: #8 (139K).

9. Tyga, "Rack City." The song drops from #7 to #9 in its 12th week on the chart. This is its fourth week in the top 10. The song tops the 1 million mark in digital sales this week. Digital sales rank: #7 (139K).

10. Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., "Give Me All Your Luvin." The song jumps from #13 to #10 in its second week. This is the 38th top 10 hit for Madonna, the sixth for Minaj and the second for M.I.A. Digital sales rank: #6 (165K).

Guest Xanthium

Can you imagine if the rule change that allowed Whitney to re-enter the Hot 100 at #7 had kept Madonna out of the Top 10? Bitches would have burned the Billboard offices down to the ground. :lol:

:lmao: