Seriously...after all this hoopla... GMAYL should make #1! Elites agree¿?

Candylipsgirl

fan or not of this song, Im thrilled she got top 10!!! Whats funny is she prob. cares the least abt. this lol AND losing UK, Australia, New Zealand etc..lol. For real - it just reeks that she truly doesnt care either way. She prob. has a set in stone deal with her employees - she only wants to her when shes #1 nuttin else. =)

Very true. I think iTunes is a closer indication of what's popular. Do they do a weekly chart?

And in relation to POG, yes, that is right. They changed the rules just as it was about to hit the top 10, it would definitely have been in there.

so true. that very week- if it wasnt for that freakin change its well known and confirmed she woulda had 39th Top 10 right now! :rant:

Guest northernlad

Can you imagine if the rule change that allowed Whitney to re-enter the Hot 100 at #7 had kept Madonna out of the Top 10? Bitches would have burned the Billboard offices down to the ground. :lol:

I would have loved to see THAT.

Can you imagine if the rule change that allowed Whitney to re-enter the Hot 100 at #7 had kept Madonna out of the Top 10? Bitches would have burned the Billboard offices down to the ground. :lol:

I remeber they pulled a similar stunt to britney when blackout came out and she debuted at 2 and the eagles debuted at 1 cuz they change the rule last minute. i was livid lol

Guest northernlad

I remeber they pulled a similar stunt to britney when blackout came out and she debuted at 2 and the eagles debuted at 1 cuz they change the rule last minute. i was livid lol

:)

fan or not of this song, Im thrilled she got top 10!!! Whats funny is she prob. cares the least abt. this lol AND losing UK, Australia, New Zealand etc..lol. For real - it just reeks that she truly doesnt care either way. She prob. has a set in stone deal with her employees - she only wants to her when shes #1 nuttin else. =)

She debuted at no.11 in Australia, not bad for a flop.

I'm so happy for another Madonna top 10 in Billboard Charts. :thumbsup: Even though my favorite songs of her were not no.1, all of them, I was a little bit afraid of GMAYL it would not make it on top 10 cause everybody can't wait tot write bad things in the press, including here in ROmania, that she is old and wasted and she's trying to be young and relevant.

Great news!!!

She debuted at no.11 in Australia, not bad for a flop.

11? No, it debuted at #25 in Australia.

Very excited about the Top 10 position! I wish it were doing better worldwide, though. It's going to miss #1 in Italy (where she's almost always guaranteed a #1 peak with the lead single of any new project), thanks to that bizarre European hit....

11? No, it debuted at #25 in Australia.

Very excited about the Top 10 position! I wish it were doing better worldwide, though. It's going to miss #1 in Italy (where she's almost always guaranteed a #1 peak with the lead single of any new project), thanks to that bizarre European hit....

ITs doing fantastic worldwide. Still no.5 best seller worldwide on iTunes. It has achieved Top 10 in every major market, except UK (where they cut her actual sales): USA, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Japan..the list goes on and on.

For a total obscure 60's sounding track which is not sounding current its doing bloody fantastic. Its like something left field like Hanky Panky would go Top 10 worldwide if released in 2012.

A song is not a sucess if it just enters in the top10! This can be only a fluke. I will say that GAYL is not a flop in US if it manages to sustain itself more than a few weeks before it falls hard on the charts.

Of course the US is the main measure of sucess but i'm more worried about the song dropping everywhere else...

A song is not a sucess if it just enters in the top10! This can be only a fluke. I will say that GAYL is not a flop in US if it manages to sustain itself more than a few weeks before it falls hard on the charts.

Of course the US is the main measure of sucess but i'm more worried about the song dropping everywhere else...

It debuted no.13, this is its second week. Total sales approaching 300.000 copies.

A song is not a success if it just enters in the top 10!

Yes,it is.GMAYL is now a certified hit in America,regardless of what happens in the coming weeks.I predict that the song will hang around in the Top 40 for the next several weeks and then by the time the album is released,she will have the next single and video ("Girls Gone Wild") all ready to go.

i'm totally fine that POG reached that high as a third single

just not feeling so fine about a lead single hitting that peak :(

TPOG had potential to land her another top ten if they dint change the rule. TPOG was much stronger single than GMAYL even if it was the 3rd/4th single!

Yay to her making top 10!!! The song is officially not a flop in the US

kinda flop in MNation :lol:

//me going to meltdown thread

top 10 is great news

but so far gmayl remains one of m's least successful lead singles worldwide

and if this was a gag or mimi single everyone will be labeling it a mega flop

so why the double standard?

top 10 is great news

Why don't we just celebrate the fact that Madonna---at age 53---has a Top 10 hit on her hands? It's a major accomplishment that should not be downplayed or dismissed.As for Mimi....she is now doing weight loss commercials.As for Gaga....will she still be selling out stadiums and having Top 10 hits thirty years from now?

Nuff said ;)

This is great news! So officially not a flop in the US...could the single be a slow burner and rise in the top ten? Hmm!

TPOG had potential to land her another top ten if they dint change the rule. TPOG was much stronger single than GMAYL even if it was the 3rd/4th single!

Yes, I'd say ITG, TPOG, and "Beautiful Stranger" are the three singles that were hurt most by chart rules. All three would have likely cracked the Top 10, if not the Top 5. And ITG probably would have went #1.

top 10 is great news

I don't think many would be surprised if Mimi performed this way with a lead single these days. Like Madonna, she's "old" and not the "hot thing" right now. In fact the way GMAYL is performing worldwide (number one a couple places, top ten in many others) seems like the way a Mimi lead single would perform these days.

As far as Gaga goes, she's basically at the peak of her career (or was until very recently). Considering she's touted by many of her fans and media outlets as the "new Madonna" and current "Queen Of Pop" and often cited as the biggest pop star in the world at the moment, she should be scoring massive hits at this point. Let's look at Madonna when she was 4 years into her career, she was on top of the world. Between TB and WTG she scored 4 number one singles in less than 2 years in the US plus many more top 10's. Madonna however has LONG been past her peak and with each release it gets more and more difficult for her to get the hits. So yeah, if this were 1987 and we were going on about how great she is doing then it would look a little odd but being that it's 2012 and the stage she's at in her career I'd say she's doing quite well.

This isn't directed to you, just a general comment but I don't see how fans can hold her to the same standards when it comes to charts/sales that they hold the "current" stars to or to how Madonna performed in the past. Hung Up's and 4 Minutes' just aren't going to come as effortlessly these days. What's funny is I can DISTINCTLY remember fans being extremely dismissive of 4M chart performance. People that didn't like that song would come up with every reason in the book to dismiss it's massive success. I mean the song spent a month at number one in the UK and some fans were still finding ways to complain about it so basically Madonna can't win anyways. It seems like some were almost mad that it didn't fail because if it had they could say "see told you it's such a bad song nobody likes it" kind of mentality, but it didn't. If GMAYL had reached the top in 100 countries people that hate it would do the same thing and say "well it's JUST because she paid for plays....or it's just because Nicki....or it's just because she dumbed down her music." Now of course the reason that's it's NOT charting is because it's "just a terrible song". So if it were number one would it not be a terrible song??

Also I find it funny how haters of the song are completely dismissive of the special circumstances in the UK when it comes to this single. OBVIOUSLY it would've charted higher if the charts over there didn't have such stupid rules. It used to be the US charts were ridiculous with it's rules and the UK was getting it right....the US has stepped it up though, time for the UK to follow suit.