133 members have voted

1. 1. Your rating

2. 2. Demo VS Official

• Demo is better
    • Official is better
    • Both are brilliant!
    • Both are shit!
    • It's a tie, not good or bad.

But babe, what was played in the studio clip was a straight up instrumental.

I will so though, I wouldn't be surprised if the song was supposed to be alot longer than 3 minutes. It sounds like there should have been an extra verse by Nicki, and a longer opening.

I know it's an instrumental. However that doesn't mean once they mix vocals in the instrumental turns from music to noise. Her albums from HC forward are sonically sounding inferior to everything else she's done previous. There's no reason why Bedtime Stories from 1994 should have a better audio mix pleasing to the ears than 2012 new Madonna.

Same here. The demo killed it.

Yes and no. It only initially sounded good and promising the first couple of plays, but then it quickly became an irritant. I imagine had we not known this first, it would be the same - though the video would dampen any sourness for a bit.

And I guess with that early leak they timed everything to be out earlier and right away - though these days it would be anyway I suppose.

The song is catchy and fun. My only problem with the song is that it feels like coasting material. It doesn't feel like a future M classic, regardless, its still a fun song to listen to.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

- though the video would dampen any sourness for a bit.

The video didn't help me like it more. I think I actually like the song better than the video.

Watching it and just thinking back to Like A Virgin....Like A Prayer....Express Yourself....Bedtime Story....it's just....

Oh well.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Not feeling the song, it's kinda cringe, but it's catchy so i can see the appeal. I'll give it a 2.

Nicki and MIA rap for a total of 6 seconds, they're a pointless addition that add nothing. M should have just gone at it alone tbh.

Video is cute, i like the 'Virgin' dress up scene.

'Girls Gone Wild' and 'Turn Up The Radio' sound pretty cool though, looking forward to hearing those and whatever else the album offers.

Guest northernlad

I see Like A Virgin but where do you see the others? Especially Bedtime Story?! :lol: *curious*

I think he meant 'Christ this is shit when I think about what she's done before' rather this said clip recalling the others.

Oh.

Well I think the video is her best since Hung Up tbh. Sure it's no Bedtime Story or Rain, but that wouldn't have fit the song. It's more Beautiful Stranger or Material Girl. That flirtatious, feminine side of Marge. Maybe she'll film a more Abrahamesque video for "I Fucked Up" or "I'm A Sinna."

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
This is her best video since Hollywood

Best since Hollywood, really?

I like the GAYL video, but i'm surprised some people think it's better than Hung Up. Hung Up was sooooo sexy and well shot. GAYL doesn't touch it imo.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

I think he meant 'Christ this is shit when I think about what she's done before' rather this said clip recalling the others.

:thumbsup:

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Best since Hollywood, really?

I like the GAYL video, but i'm surprised some people think it's better than Hung Up. Hung Up was sooooo sexy and well shot. GAYL doesn't touch it imo.

Agree.

I'm just curious what's happening with her and videos. Ever since "Get Together" they've all been relatively limited production affairs. I mean, I know that videos overall are not as important and maybe she just can't be bothered anymore, but it was such a signature thing for her in the past so it's disappointing.

i give it a 3 as a song, not really much into it although it's a catchy and happy song but i think the video is the best part of it...and let's face it, the official it's not really that different from the demo except for Niki and MIAS's parts...so i ask myself, why was it released as a first single? because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere..lol...the answer of course comes short: SUPERBOWL!!..!!...I hope they release another single before the album drops, GGW or TUTR would do great i think, they're damn catchy and great(well at least from my point of view) and can become big hits. However, the extraordinary reception of the album just makes it all more balanced..the covers of the single and album are so great...a great era so far that it's not being diminished by the failure of GMAYL song, cause the video it's a winner! :clap::vogue:

I think the fans on here are the only ones who like this song. Everyone i've heard from including radio hate it.

what a big bastard... :lol: