MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Madonna called in to “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” to discuss her Super Bowl performance including the controversy around M.I.A.‘s digit malfunction, and whether or not we can expect Britney Spears on her upcoming single “Girls Gone Wild.”

Since stepping off the Super Bowl stage controversy has swirled due to Madonna’s guest performer M.I.A. raising a middle finger during the performance. Madonna confesses: “I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it. I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager…irrelevant thing to do…there was such a feeling of love and unity there what was the point? It was just out of place.” (Skip to 7:20)

Can we expect more gladiator motifs from Madonna’s upcoming world tour? “Oh god no! I don’t want to repeat myself. I never do that! I am having auditions all next week. Then I’m going to shoot the video for ‘Girls Gone Wild’ after that, then I start rehearsals,” she says. Madonna also squashed rumors that Britney may make an appearance on her upcoming single “Girls Gone Wild” saying, ”No, it’s just little ol’ me.” (Skip to 14:20)

The “Material Girl” shared that the most stressful moments of her Super Bowl performance were “when my throne docked on the stage…then getting my cartwheels on the bleachers right. Once I got past those two moments I knew I was sailing home.” However while performing her hit “Like A Prayer” with Cee Lo Green she “was overwhelmed. I started crying. I felt an incredible sense of warmth, love, and support. To see an entire stadium light up like candles it was…like a religious experience.”

You can pre-order Madonna’s new album MDNA which is due out on March 26th. It has “a lot of up tempo [music], but I also have three ballads which I haven’t done in a while. Something for everyone!” Also enter for the chance to See Madonna

Guest ditaluver

YES

Im going to be happy with everything!

besides I cant make an opinion on a clip like that. i have no idea how it will all sound

IM SO EXCITED!

Guest groovyguy

http://amp.radio.com/2012/02/10/madonna-talks-super-bowl-m-i-a-apology-and-new-album-with-carson-daly/

Madonna Interview on Carson Daly. Click on the AUDIO in the article HERE

Madonna Talks Super Bowl, M.I.A Apology And New Album With Carson Daly!

The one and only Madonna called in this morning with our very own Carson Daly.

She talked about her epic Super Bowl half time performance, her feelings on the whole M.I.A middle finger debacle (and apology!) and of course her new album MDNA.

It’s not every day that someone as incredible and iconic as Madonna calls into your radio show, and it’s also not every day that they prove how amazing and humble they truly are, regardless of their status in the business.

Take a listen to what she had to say this morning with Carson. … Click on the AUDIO in the article HERE

Of course, Carson had to ask Madonna about M.I.A.’s controversial moment at the Super Bowl. Turns out, she didn’t even realize what was going on until long after the halftime show ended.

I was up in the bleachers doing my pom pom routine. I was oblivious. In fact, I didn’t really know about it until after I had come backstage and changed and came out to finish watching the football game…I was surprised, nobody knew about it. She surprised us all.

“ I think she's really cool and that's why I asked her to be in my show and be on my record. But I didn't think that was the time or the place for it, to tell you the truth.” Madonna on M.I.A.'s Super Bowl performance

Once Madonna had realized what went down, of course she was disappointed, but she told Carson that she still supports M.I.A. and what she stands for:

I like her and you know I believe in people having individuality and I like her punk rock attitude. Actually I think she’s really cool and that’s why I asked her to be in my show and be on my record. But I didn’t think that was the time or the place for it, to tell you the truth.

And if it wasn’t clear enough already, Madonna reiterated that she was not a part of the whole debacle:

That’s the unfortunate thing and we were really careful to be super honest and the NFL was super honest with us about what we could and couldn’t do and I had no interest in rocking the boat or doing anything to offend anybody. We were all clear on that and it was a joyous evening…not the place for it. It felt like a negative note, you know what I mean?

Now that it’s over and done with, Carson was curious if M.I.A. had apologized for the incident:

Yeah, yeah. She has. I know she feels bad…I accept her apology, but you know, I think she still has her head in the sand right now. I’m not sure.

To listen to the full interview, click on the audio above to hear what else Madonna had to share about her new album MDNA and Golden Globe-winning film, W.E.

Read more: Madonna Talks Super Bowl, M.I.A Apology And New Album With Carson Daly! http://amp.radio.com/2012/02/10/madonna-talks-super-bowl-m-i-a-apology-and-new-album-with-carson-daly/#ixzz1m0JV6NFM

http://amp.radio.com/2012/02/10/madonna-talks-super-bowl-m-i-a-apology-and-new-album-with-carson-daly/

Madonna Talks Super Bowl, M.I.A Apology And New Album With Carson Daly!

The one and only Madonna called in this morning with our very own Carson Daly.

She talked about her epic Super Bowl half time performance, her feelings on the whole M.I.A middle finger debacle (and apology!) and of course her new album MDNA.

It’s not every day that someone as incredible and iconic as Madonna calls into your radio show, and it’s also not every day that they prove how amazing and humble they truly are, regardless of their status in the business.

Take a listen to what she had to say this morning with Carson. … Click on the AUDIO in the article HERE

Of course, Carson had to ask Madonna about M.I.A.’s controversial moment at the Super Bowl. Turns out, she didn’t even realize what was going on until long after the halftime show ended.

I was up in the bleachers doing my pom pom routine. I was oblivious. In fact, I didn’t really know about it until after I had come backstage and changed and came out to finish watching the football game…I was surprised, nobody knew about it. She surprised us all.

“ I think she's really cool and that's why I asked her to be in my show and be on my record. But I didn't think that was the time or the place for it, to tell you the truth.” Madonna on M.I.A.'s Super Bowl performance

Once Madonna had realized what went down, of course she was disappointed, but she told Carson that she still supports M.I.A. and what she stands for:

I like her and you know I believe in people having individuality and I like her punk rock attitude. Actually I think she’s really cool and that’s why I asked her to be in my show and be on my record. But I didn’t think that was the time or the place for it, to tell you the truth.

And if it wasn’t clear enough already, Madonna reiterated that she was not a part of the whole debacle:

That’s the unfortunate thing and we were really careful to be super honest and the NFL was super honest with us about what we could and couldn’t do and I had no interest in rocking the boat or doing anything to offend anybody. We were all clear on that and it was a joyous evening…not the place for it. It felt like a negative note, you know what I mean?

Now that it’s over and done with, Carson was curious if M.I.A. had apologized for the incident:

Yeah, yeah. She has. I know she feels bad…I accept her apology, but you know, I think she still has her head in the sand right now. I’m not sure.

To listen to the full interview, click on the audio above to hear what else Madonna had to share about her new album MDNA and Golden Globe-winning film, W.E.

Read more: Madonna Talks Super Bowl, M.I.A Apology And New Album With Carson Daly! http://amp.radio.com/2012/02/10/madonna-talks-super-bowl-m-i-a-apology-and-new-album-with-carson-daly/#ixzz1m0JV6NFM

Interesting considering some were saying they thought Madonna wouldn't care