MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
"Live To Tell" and "Jimmy Jimmy" appeared on the same album. The world didn't end. Everything is going to be fine.

Yes, and Jimmy Jimmy was disgusting and didn't match Live To Smell :) HOWEVER, no ending of worlds here anytime soon, FOR SURE MMM HMMM.

Guest Xanthium

I definitely think the album will have cohesion. Bedtime Stories had the most amount of producers for a Madonna album and that blended extremely well. Just because she uses different producers doesn't mean the sound with be jarring. On Bedtime Stories, she blended production between Nellee Hooper and the R&B producers, Sanctuary being the best example. It was a blend of Dallas Austin and Nellee Hooper if I'm not mistaken. Maybe Orbit had a hand in tweaking some of the Solveig productions or vice versa.

Madonna has always been very good about keeping cohesion and Bedtime Stories is a great example. Notice how the album starts out one way and ends in a whole other way. It winds down. Taken out of context, the songs sound jarring, but she can make it flow. I can't wait for this album.

I've just received an email from a store saying there will be a CD and a deluxe set CD versions of the album - this is in the UK but expect it to be a global release like this. No word of vinyl yet and no word of a physical release for the single.

Guest groovyguy

102.7 KIIS-FM @1027KIISFM : "HUGE show Friday! The one & only Madonna will be @OnAirWithRyan! We’re talking Super Bowl, world tour & everything in between !"

Guest groovyguy

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1690048.php/Madonna-still-being-sued-over-Girls-Gone-Wild

Madonna still being sued over Girls Gone Wild?

Madonna is still reportedly being sued over a song on her new album 'MDNA'.

Joe Francis still maintains he owns the trademark name of her new track 'Girls Gone Wild' - the name of the adult video franchise he created - after previously issuing her a 'cease and desist' letter if she sang the song during her Super Bowl performance on Sunday (05.02.12).

He is quoted by the Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: 'We own this trademark in the UK, the US and 40 other countries. And she is in infringement of it.'

Despite Madonna leaving the song off her set list during her Super Bowl performance at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium, Joe is still threatening legal action after pre-orders for the 'Hung Up' hitmaker's album reached number one on iTunes in more than 50 countries.

Following the track list publication for 'MDNA' earlier this month, Joe was upset at the name of the track.

His lawyer explained: 'This isn't personally directed at Madonna as a person, this is a business decision. And now she's aware that she stepped over the line.

'If Mr. Francis was producing a product called 'Material Girl', and she had a copyright, I doubt she'd appreciate it.'

---------

Yet a ASCAP search shows pages of songs titled "Girls Gone Wild" by many performers and he's only upset with Madonna? http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1690048.php/Madonna-still-being-sued-over-Girls-Gone-Wild

Madonna still being sued over Girls Gone Wild?

Madonna is still reportedly being sued over a song on her new album 'MDNA'.

Joe Francis still maintains he owns the trademark name of her new track 'Girls Gone Wild' - the name of the adult video franchise he created - after previously issuing her a 'cease and desist' letter if she sang the song during her Super Bowl performance on Sunday (05.02.12).

He is quoted by the Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: 'We own this trademark in the UK, the US and 40 other countries. And she is in infringement of it.'

Despite Madonna leaving the song off her set list during her Super Bowl performance at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium, Joe is still threatening legal action after pre-orders for the 'Hung Up' hitmaker's album reached number one on iTunes in more than 50 countries.

Following the track list publication for 'MDNA' earlier this month, Joe was upset at the name of the track.

His lawyer explained: 'This isn't personally directed at Madonna as a person, this is a business decision. And now she's aware that she stepped over the line.

'If Mr. Francis was producing a product called 'Material Girl', and she had a copyright, I doubt she'd appreciate it.'

---------

Yet a ASCAP search shows pages of songs titled "Girls Gone Wild" by many performers and he's only upset with Madonna? http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300

Really, you can't make a song called "Vogue" (the magazine) for example?

I'm beginning to wish that Madonna had changed the title of that song....to something like "Let's Get Wild".I hate the way this fool is trying to get attention from her song.

Doesn't 50 Cent also have a new song called "Girls Gone Wild"?

a ASCAP search shows pages of songs titled "Girls Gone Wild" by many performers and he's only upset with Madonna? http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300

Yeah,there are alot of songs with this title.He doesn't really have a case,does he? Unless those other artists worked out a deal with him.

Yeah,there are alot of songs with this title.He doesn't really have a case,does he? Unless those other artists worked out a deal with him.

No, I don't think he does have a case at all unless she happened to be singing something that was defamatory to the brand. Products by different companies can have the same name if they are in completely different business sectors. The phrase is also too generic. This guy is just getting great publicity for his site.

Really, you can't make a song called "Vogue" (the magazine) for example?

I guess it depends on whether the trademark holder chooses to sue or not

Guest groovyguy

I'm beginning to wish that Madonna had changed the title of that song....to something like "Let's Get Wild".I hate the way this fool is trying to get attention from her song.

Doesn't 50 Cent also have a new song called "Girls Gone Wild"?

According to ASCAP, his song is Girls Go Wild.

Was this posted?

http://twitter.com/#!/planet12law

@planet12law L*A*W

L*A*W's REVIEW OF MADONNA'S ALBUM COMING UP !!!!

7 februari via web

L*A*W on Madonna's New Album: INCREDIBLE ! PURE PERFECT POP PERFECTION WITH STRONG ROCK & DANCE ELEMENTS :)

My favorite songs sooooo far are "Masterpiece", "Turn Up The Radio", "I F***** Up", "Girls Gone Wild" & "Gang Bang"

@paoliena nah...she had another one that was close to that element but as usual, Madonna played it safe..at this time in her career..SMART

@paoliena AND YES,,,THE BALLADS ARE THERE :)

@paoliena it's a combination of Confessions, Ray Of Light and Hard Candy

@paoliena lol !!! nah more of the production of "Hard Candy"..not the overall concept of it LOL ! i know what you mean

@paoliena the style of the production....not like "4 minutes" or that shit lol

@paoliena you wont be disappointed :)

@paoliena at the end of the day, its about taste..i didnt like the Music album all that much

when it comes to Madonna, I try my very best not to compare albums ! plus with each one, she manages to have at least 4 or 5 great songs

darushan Ru$ko @ planet12law

haha :( let's wait then! But is it a good album at least? Gmayl is kinda disappointing

7 februari via web

@darushan well to me it is :) that's because i dont compare it to past Madonna stuff....plus i have a different ear cause im a producer

http://madonna.com/news/

February 08, 2012

Madonna's Record Breaking Numbers

For Immediate Release - (New York, NY) - February 8, 2012 - It's been a record breaking week for Madonna. Along with 117.8 million viewers - the largest viewership for a halftime show in Super Bowl history - and three million more viewers than the game itself, the pre-orders for the Material Girl's upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTunes stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history, it was confirmed today by her record label Interscope. Commented Madonna, "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world."

A key part of the album release included a first of its kind worldwide promotion by Clear Channel, a leading global media and entertainment company, which premiered Madonna's highly anticipated new single and video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," across its full range ofmedia platforms, including radio, outdoor, online and mobile on Friday, February 3. As part of the campaign, Clear Channel used extensive on-air and online promotions to drive listeners and Madonna fans to iTunes, where they could buy the new single and pre-order MDNA, scheduled to be released globally March 26.

Below are some of the astounding numbers that add up for Madonna this past week.

MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS:

50 - Number 1's Pre-orders for Madonna's MDNA album on iTunes (biggest one day pre-order in ITunes (biggest one day pre-order in iTunes history) hit the top spot at iTunes store in 50 countries!

11,000,000 - YouTube downloads of new Madonna video…and counting. The most searched subject on YouTube and Google during the Super Bowl

13 - Madonna's new single catapults to the #13 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart

56 - "Give Me All Your Luvin'" marks Madonna's 56th appearance on the Hot 100 according to Billboard's Keith Caulfield

117.8 Million - Peak audience viewership during Madonna's halftime performance - largest in Super Bowl history - up 4.7 million from last year - surpasses Michael Jackson's 1993 halftime performance - and exceeds by 3 million the number of people viewing the 2012 Giants/Patriots game.

47.1 Million - Households saw Madonna's Super Bowl Performance

#6 - Trending at No. 6 on European Airplay Charts

#2 - iTunes Single, jumped from previous spot 11 after the Super Bowl

2500 - Spins in less than 48 hours at Top 40 radio

25 - "Give Me All Your Luvin'" single's chart debut

51 - Global Tour Dates Announced by Live Nation 1600 - Clear Channel Digital Billboards Around the Globe aired Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'"

I like !!! :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

I definitely think the album will have cohesion. Bedtime Stories had the most amount of producers for a Madonna album and that blended extremely well. Just because she uses different producers doesn't mean the sound with be jarring. On Bedtime Stories, she blended production between Nellee Hooper and the R&B producers, Sanctuary being the best example. It was a blend of Dallas Austin and Nellee Hooper if I'm not mistaken. Maybe Orbit had a hand in tweaking some of the Solveig productions or vice versa.

Well as much as I like that album and it certainly flowed I think it's inaccurate to say it "blended extremely well." There was 2 very different styles going on, to me it flows more like a compilation would than a cohesive album project. Especially if you're comparing to most of her other albums which usually have a very obvious direction sound wise.

In any case, I don't think this new album will have those issues because all the producers involved do electro music.

for me BS is only jarring with Take A Bow at the end, after Sanctuary and Bedtime Story. I guess they closed the album with TAB because of the lyrics (the show is over etc) but I think it would have fit in better towards the start of the album.

As for MDNA, I think you can mix pop songs with ballads isn't that what she usually does...

Was this posted?

http://twitter.com/#!/planet12law

@planet12law L*A*W

L*A*W's REVIEW OF MADONNA'S ALBUM COMING UP !!!!

7 februari via web

L*A*W on Madonna's New Album: INCREDIBLE ! PURE PERFECT POP PERFECTION WITH STRONG ROCK & DANCE ELEMENTS :)

My favorite songs sooooo far are "Masterpiece", "Turn Up The Radio", "I F***** Up", "Girls Gone Wild" & "Gang Bang"

@paoliena nah...she had another one that was close to that element but as usual, Madonna played it safe..at this time in her career..SMART

@paoliena AND YES,,,THE BALLADS ARE THERE :)

@paoliena it's a combination of Confessions, Ray Of Light and Hard Candy

@paoliena lol !!! nah more of the production of "Hard Candy"..not the overall concept of it LOL ! i know what you mean

@paoliena the style of the production....not like "4 minutes" or that shit lol

@paoliena you wont be disappointed :)

@paoliena at the end of the day, its about taste..i didnt like the Music album all that much

when it comes to Madonna, I try my very best not to compare albums ! plus with each one, she manages to have at least 4 or 5 great songs

darushan Ru$ko @ planet12law

haha :( let's wait then! But is it a good album at least? Gmayl is kinda disappointing

7 februari via web

@darushan well to me it is :) that's because i dont compare it to past Madonna stuff....plus i have a different ear cause im a producer

Some kinda listening party going on?