MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The deluxe is more striking imo, i prefer it. Standard is nice too though.

MDNA will be released 26 years to the day of the release of her FIRST track from True Blue: “Live To Tell” which was released on March 26, 1986. Also of interest is that “Live to Tell” was the original working title of True Blue before it was changed. That very image seems to be under the microscope of a beveled glass that resembles a prism. The “beveled glass”, if you will, is divided into 12 distinct rows clearly representative of her 12 studio albums, including MDNA. Take that even further and you see that if you read it from left to right it goes from blue and transitions into red. In astronomy, we learn that anything that is “Red Shifted” is moving away from you so you can interpret the final row, representing MDNA in red, to be moving away from us. Perhaps it’s an indication of another departure and evolution into an unknown side of Madonna?

Or maybe it's JUST a colour and nothing more :lol:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6474

Get Ready for MDNA London Album Launch Party!!!

MDNAOur Friends Sharon and Neil are delighted to invite Madonna Tribers at the MDNA London Album Launch Party to be held on Saturday 31st March 2012 at G-A-Y Late, Goslett Yard, London, from 2.00pm through until 10.30pm.

This will be the 18th London Madonna Fan Party, where fans from all over the world get together to party to over 8 hours of non stop Madonna videos, live clips, and promos exclusive to the party. You’ll get to party to the tracks from Madonna’s new studio album MDNA as well as all of her greatest hits, remixes and live performances.

Entry as always is completely FREE – this party is for Madonna fans by Madonna fans.

For all the information you need please check out www.madonnafanparty.co.uk and don’t forget to RSVP to the Facebook Event Page

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

have any britney fans heard any rumors about this before that supposed back cover?

i like britney a lot, but haven't really paid much attention to her or her forums since the FF era ended.

my guess is its totally fake.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.updt.me/go?item=madonna-wears-antonio-berardi-dress-on-mdna-cover&t=fb

If you're Madonna, you can wear whatever the heck you want. The pop diva chose lipstick red.

madonna_mdna_cover_split.jpg

We're mostly used to seeing Madonna in black: black Dolce & Gabbana, black Stella McCartney, and at the Super Bowl halftime show, black custom-made Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci.

But for the cover of her 12th studio album, MDNA, the undisputed Queen of Pop went in a more fiery direction: a screaming, train-stopping red number from Antonio Berardi. The slinky, scarlet shift with padded shoulders is slightly futuristic, and she matches it with red lips and red fingerless gloves, recalling vintage '80s Madonna.

The cover photo was shot by Mert and Markus, a photography team known for their Louis Vuitton campaigns, and who seem to have eclipsed Steven Meisel and Mario Testino as the most sought-after fashion photographers in the business. The look was styled by Madonna's Oscar-nominated stylist Arianne Phillips, who created the costumes for M's new movie W.E.

Amazon uk has a double cd edition of the album listed as an Import. It can't be the japanese edition (since the price is too low) so I wonder if it's just the deluxe edition from Germany or something else.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mdna-Madonna/dp/B00756GKBA/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1328755365&sr=1-2

Audio CD (26 Mar 2012)

Number of Discs: 2

Format: Import

Label: Interscope Records

ASIN: B00756GKBA

EDIT: It's indeed the german deluxe edition:

http://www.amazon.de/Mdna-Deluxe-Madonna/dp/B00756GKBA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328755803&sr=8-3

Guest groovyguy

http://madonna.com/news/

February 08, 2012

Madonna's Record Breaking Numbers

For Immediate Release - (New York, NY) - February 8, 2012 - It's been a record breaking week for Madonna. Along with 117.8 million viewers - the largest viewership for a halftime show in Super Bowl history - and three million more viewers than the game itself, the pre-orders for the Material Girl's upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTunes stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history, it was confirmed today by her record label Interscope. Commented Madonna, "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world."

A key part of the album release included a first of its kind worldwide promotion by Clear Channel, a leading global media and entertainment company, which premiered Madonna's highly anticipated new single and video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," across its full range ofmedia platforms, including radio, outdoor, online and mobile on Friday, February 3. As part of the campaign, Clear Channel used extensive on-air and online promotions to drive listeners and Madonna fans to iTunes, where they could buy the new single and pre-order MDNA, scheduled to be released globally March 26.

Below are some of the astounding numbers that add up for Madonna this past week.

MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS:

50 - Number 1's Pre-orders for Madonna's MDNA album on iTunes (biggest one day pre-order in ITunes (biggest one day pre-order in iTunes history) hit the top spot at iTunes store in 50 countries!

11,000,000 - YouTube downloads of new Madonna video…and counting. The most searched subject on YouTube and Google during the Super Bowl

13 - Madonna's new single catapults to the #13 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart

56 - "Give Me All Your Luvin'" marks Madonna's 56th appearance on the Hot 100 according to Billboard's Keith Caulfield

117.8 Million - Peak audience viewership during Madonna's halftime performance - largest in Super Bowl history - up 4.7 million from last year - surpasses Michael Jackson's 1993 halftime performance - and exceeds by 3 million the number of people viewing the 2012 Giants/Patriots game.

47.1 Million - Households saw Madonna's Super Bowl Performance

#6 - Trending at No. 6 on European Airplay Charts

#2 - iTunes Single, jumped from previous spot 11 after the Super Bowl

2500 - Spins in less than 48 hours at Top 40 radio

25 - "Give Me All Your Luvin'" single's chart debut

51 - Global Tour Dates Announced by Live Nation 1600 - Clear Channel Digital Billboards Around the Globe aired Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'"

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

February 08, 2012

For Immediate Release - (New York, NY) - February 8, 2012 - It's been a record breaking week for Madonna. Along with 117.8 million viewers - the largest viewership for a halftime show in Super Bowl history - and three million more viewers than the game itself, the pre-orders for the Material Girl's upcoming MDNA album ascended to the top spot on iTunes stores in 50 countries and was the largest one day pre-order of any album in iTunes history, it was confirmed today by her record label Interscope. Commented Madonna, "Thanks for all the L-U-V!! from around the world."

A key part of the album release included a first of its kind worldwide promotion by Clear Channel, a leading global media and entertainment company, which premiered Madonna's highly anticipated new single and video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," across its full range ofmedia platforms, including radio, outdoor, online and mobile on Friday, February 3. As part of the campaign, Clear Channel used extensive on-air and online promotions to drive listeners and Madonna fans to iTunes, where they could buy the new single and pre-order MDNA, scheduled to be released globally March 26.

Below are some of the astounding numbers that add up for Madonna this past week.

MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS:

50 - Number 1's Pre-orders for Madonna's MDNA album on iTunes (biggest one day pre-order in ITunes (biggest one day pre-order in iTunes history) hit the top spot at iTunes store in 50 countries!

11,000,000 - YouTube downloads of new Madonna video…and counting. The most searched subject on YouTube and Google during the Super Bowl

13 - Madonna's new single catapults to the #13 spot on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart

56 - "Give Me All Your Luvin'" marks Madonna's 56th appearance on the Hot 100 according to Billboard's Keith Caulfield

117.8 Million - Peak audience viewership during Madonna's halftime performance - largest in Super Bowl history - up 4.7 million from last year - surpasses Michael Jackson's 1993 halftime performance - and exceeds by 3 million the number of people viewing the 2012 Giants/Patriots game.

51 - Global Tour Dates Announced by Live Nation 1600 - Clear Channel Digital Billboards Around the Globe aired Madonna's "Give Me All Your Luvin'"

:wow:

i hope this bodes well for the rest of the era.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6479

12-track MDNA album now on pre-order

With the standard edition of MDNA now available for pre-order, we learn that the songs that are exclusive to the deluxe edition are:

Love Spent

I F****d Up

Beautiful Killer

Give Me All Your Luvin’ (LMFAO Remix)

plus a yet unnamed Track 17

This means that the two versions of the album share an identical tracklist up to the first 12 songs, and the five extra tracks segue in the deluxe version.

On iTunes, both versions include a digital booklet.

-------------------

Amazon.com USA

MDNA [Deluxe Edition]

61JJKKvVwlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Price: $17.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

This title will be released on March 26, 2012.

Pre-order now!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6480

US fans get their MDNA album with the Tour ticket purchse

United States residents will receive a free copy of MDNA with their Madonna World Tour 2012 ticket purchase.

For every ticket purchased online, customers will receive a choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new album.

Those who will purchase tickets now will receive an email from Ticketmaster with redemption instruction prior to the album release.

Those who buy tickets on or after March 26 will receive their email within 48 hours.

The offer is valid for tickets purchased through Ticketmaster and not for those bought from Official Platinum Seats or TicketExchange.

Am I the only one who's worried about the coherence of the album? I just can't picture Masterpiece being on the same album with GGW/GMAYL/TTTR. I'm not feeling the "light and dark" concept at all. I fear that the Orbit tracks and the Solveig tracks would be too distinct from each other. I want a feeling of unity for this era, which seems to be lacking so far, visually and musically.

Did anyone post this article yet? I don't recall reading this one here. I found it at Madonnalicious.com, but it's an excerpt from the NYPost -- and it seems that Martin Solveig reveals we can thank none other than M.I.A. for suggesting the name of the album as MDNA! :shock: So everyone that's mad at M.I.A. about the finger controversy at the Super Bowl might just have to forgive her -- because most people on here seem to love the album title so much...

Anyway, here you go:

It's a madge, madge, madge world

In this article from the NY Post Guy Oseary talks Super Bowl and fashion-police Lourdes, while Martin Solveig talks about how the album name came about:

'Madonna’s a performance artist, always has been,' says her business partner, Guy Oseary. 'She’s known for being quite detail-oriented, all the way from the sparkles on someone’s shoes to the way someone’s hair looks in the background. She doesn’t miss a beat. It’s not in Madonna’s DNA to be limited. But like everything, she likes a challenge. This is definitely not a Madonna show. It’s the Super Bowl.'

Playing on the borderline of propriety is a notoriously Madonna-esque trait. Case in point, her seductive stage crawl in a wedding dress and crucifix at the 1984 MTV Video Awards. But in the post-Janet Jackson era, the NFL has no interest in making any kind of historic statement. It’s clear that every move she makes tonight will have been vetted, despite Oseary’s sarcastic take on the situation.

'We decided to go all in the nude,' he jokes. 'Everyone. Even management. It’s a deal we all made with the NFL. They’re quite up for that this year.'

But when pressed, he says that in truth, the performance will showcase why Madonna deserves to be back on top after being out of the public eye while Gaga and a new generation of stars dominated headlines.

'Gaga’s meteoric rise has helped fuel the return of the original, as Madonna enters a sort of Streisand ‘Yentl’-meets-Cher ‘Believe’ phase,' says Village Voice columnist Michael Musto. 'Her Super Bowl appearance might actually move some product.'

If there is one thing that’s changed in Madonna’s quest for domination, it’s who she listens to. Her newest advisor is so close to the singer that they live together.

Indeed, two weeks ago her 15-year-old consultant, daughter Lourdes, a k a Lola, actually chided her mom before the New York premiere of 'W.E.' She told Madonna that a respectable film director wouldn’t wear a corset.

Madonna’s reaction? She changed into something more conservative.

No surprise there, says Oseary: 'I’m afraid to wear certain things around Lola. It’s like she takes literally five seconds to have checked you fully out. She’ll just tell me, ‘That’s not cool’ all the time.'

Her counsel extends beyond clothes, too. Producer Martin Solveig, who co-wrote 'Give Me All Your Luvin’,' says the iPods of Lola and her siblings influence their mother’s creative vision.

'You’re very sharp with music when you’re at that age, and you say things with no compromise,' Solveig says.

So how does a mother of four who has avoided drugs and drink for most of her life wind up naming her album after a non-family-friendly club drug, MDMA, also called ecstasy?

'We were having a lot of fun with the initials,' Solveig says. 'M.I.A. said, ‘You should call your album ‘MDNA’ because it would be a good abbreviation and spelling of your name.’ Then we realized that there were actually many different possibilities of understanding for those initials - the most important being the DNA of Madonna. There is of course no intention of making the promotion of drugs. Except for the harmless and pure exciting drugs: like music.'

Sources:

http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/madonnalicious/2012/02/its-a-madge-madge-madge-world.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/it_madge_madge_madge_world_7LmgHEOyKNqB9M5VD4YFgM/0

Am I the only one who's worried about the coherence of the album? I just can't picture Masterpiece being on the same album with GGW/GMAYL/TTTR. I'm not feeling the "light and dark" concept at all. I fear that the Orbit tracks and the Solveig tracks would be too distinct from each other. I want a feeling of unity for this era, which seems to be lacking so far, visually and musically.

Nope. I definitely was thinking this today, actually. I was going to Facebook William Orbit and ask if he felt the entire record blended cohesively like Ray of Light, but I doubt he'd answer. There is a special feeling when the album cohesively melts into one iconic reinvention and sound but then again, this is a change for her and maybe it's for the best. She's been comfortable with Warner for so long and maybe she just wants to try things differently than sticking to one main producer and co-writer. I'm a little concerned about it but then again, we won't know til we hear it.

Also, this has so many more songs, I'm thrilled about that. And there is no definitive image for the record as of yet and that's actually an interesting and not necessarily bad thing. It's different coming from her. Maybe change is uncomfortable but it could be for the best.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Agreed, but oh well, maybe the album will be more of a "collection" of songs rather than a cohesive sounding album. Masterpiece already doesn't fit the first single and 2 snippets we've heard, so far it's all very Abraham-esque, very Kate Winslet and sungguh. We'll see.

'We were having a lot of fun with the initials,' Solveig says. 'M.I.A. said, ‘You should call your album ‘MDNA’ because it would be a good abbreviation and spelling of your name.’ Then we realized that there were actually many different possibilities of understanding for those initials - the most important being the DNA of Madonna. There is of course no intention of making the promotion of drugs. Except for the harmless and pure exciting drugs: like music.'

It would be Queen Maya's idea. :inlove:

Nope. I definitely was thinking this today, actually. I was going to Facebook William Orbit and ask if he felt the entire record blended cohesively like Ray of Light, but I doubt he'd answer. There is a special feeling when the album cohesively melts into one iconic reinvention and sound but then again, this is a change for her and maybe it's for the best. She's been comfortable with Warner for so long and maybe she just wants to try things differently than sticking to one main producer and co-writer. I'm a little concerned about it but then again, we won't know til we hear it.

Also, this has so many more songs, I'm thrilled about that. And there is no definitive image for the record as of yet and that's actually an interesting and not necessarily bad thing. It's different coming from her. Maybe change is uncomfortable but it could be for the best.

Agreed, but oh well, maybe the album will be more of a "collection" of songs rather than a cohesive sounding album. Masterpiece already doesn't fit the first single and 2 snippets we've heard, so far it's all very Abraham-esque, very Kate Winslet and sungguh. We'll see.

saywhatwhitney.gif

"Live To Tell" and "Jimmy Jimmy" appeared on the same album. The world didn't end. Everything is going to be fine.

February 08, 2012

MADONNA BY THE NUMBERS:

:clap: Fantastic. So proud of our girl. :inlove: