MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

The single sales apparently won't count in the uk because it's part of the album promo- ie you get the single when you order the album. So it won't be eligible in the uk. That would change hopefully when this promo ends on the 6th of feb. and they stop giving away the song with the album pre orders.

Currently the album is #1 and the song is #17 on uk iTunes.

don't worry, it will still have lots of chance i'm sure after the pre-order tie-in

Is this a new record?

not yet... when taking note of being a "#1 album", it needs to be officially released (not pre-order) and be #1 in the chart week and not mere moments, or hours or days...

now if we are to talk about "touching" #1 even for a moment, well that's different

Is putting RIP next to people who aren't dead the new 'trend'? God the internet keeps getting more and more vile with each passing day.

Tell me about it. It's sooooo annoying.

hehe, it's 8am now in Australia and New Zealand and 6am in Japan... maybe they will wake up late since it was a Friday Night

Does anyone even know what's doing with M here? I mean I don't listen to commercial radio, so I wouldn't know, but people I've spoken to have no idea. 106.5 premiered it....at 1am. That's a pretty lame station. Nova or oz stereo network need to be on the case.

What have you heard of it?

There's a rumor going around MDNA already sold 2 million copies :bow: still just people speculating though, I dont have a source for it

edit: Acording to Ukmix forum, the album has already sold 2 million copies worldwide on pre-orders only #MDNA

There's a rumor going around MDNA already sold 2 million copies :bow: still just people speculating though, I dont have a source for it

edit: Acording to Ukmix forum, the album has already sold 2 million copies worldwide on pre-orders only #MDNA

Wow, Gaga will be hospitalized when she hears that.

The weird think is that you don't have to pay for it until the album comes out, I think. I hope a lot of people don't cancel their pre-order. :/

This worldwide pre-order thing is a genius way to figure out how the sales are before the release of the record. They can manipulate and decide many things upon the album's release date. If it's at 2million (which I wouldn't be surprised since its a worldwide pre-order), one can only imagine after the Superbowl how sales will increase and if they release a 2nd single before the album drops, that's even more sales.

And just to think that when she goes on tour, she'll perform most of the album and push it further in sales. It's incredibly smart promotion. We couldn't have asked for better promo.

The weird think is that you don't have to pay for it until the album comes out, I think. I hope a lot of people don't cancel their pre-order. :/

I doubt people will even think about pressing the pre-orders button and canceling it BUT I wish it was like Bjork's app, which I believe you were locked into the pre-order once pre-ordered it. I don't see why you have the option of changing your mind but I doubt the people that pre-ordered the record are casual fans. I'm sure most of them are bigger fans so I don't see them pulling out before the release. Plus, for the price, you'll also get the bonus tracks. It would make no sense to pull out unless you absolutely hate something she does in the coming weeks or are turned off by a second single.