GMAYL Preview!!! (1st page: Now on iTunes/SoundCloud/SendSpace)

horn

Yes! It was viewed as a Gwen Stefani rip off with the "tick tock" stuff, plus Stuart Price had done a remix of What You Waiting For with the clock ticking. Not to mention the lyrics were recycled from the Like A Prayer album and the leotard thing was disliked by many in the video. The lyrics were critisised also. Trust me, some fans were in a tizzy handing in their fan cards then also.The Confessions album was also "typical generic dance music" and "ripping off old songs" music and lyrics wise and "any DJ could have produced this." Even the use of the words 'Better the devil that you know' was a drama to some because "Kylie had a song using those words." :lmao:

perhaps you're right, there are always Debbie Downers who think they know it all

Guest HaveASit

Oh, my. Now i get it, LOL. Soo, is that very catch beat from the snippet of MIA saying " cut it off" included in the final version?

Well perhaps we were on different forums, I was on Madonnamad and everything I just posted are examples of what was said. And yes the Eurotrash sound was one of them. I'll never forget the insistence that 'Push' needed to be a US single because supposedly radio there would play that because of its "urban" sound. I swear I heard that about 100 times, "If Push was a single the album would be doing better." That song would have flopped harder than ever. It was the Beat Goes On of Confessions. For American Life it was Nothing Fails that was apparently going to save the day and be a US #1 :lol:

yes!! you're right! I had forgotten about the Push drama. I remember thinking: please no, not Push, it sucks!!

Guest bluejean

What's odd is I remember the reaction to Give It 2 Me and then Hard Candy being overwhelmingly positive at first. Not sure when all that changed.

What's odd is I remember the reaction to Give It 2 Me and then Hard Candy being overwhelmingly positive at first. Not sure when all that changed.

when HC was released there were tons of positive posts here, but most of the board regulars were against HC from the start and stayed that way.

I like it!!! This is such a fun song.It's very similiar to the demo but this final version sounds more "energized"! And I love Nicki Minaj's rap.I hope she has a few more lines elsewhere.When is the complete song gonna leak?? I wanna hear the whole thing.

Guest bluejean

Well I suppose they would have been asleep and it wasn't expected to be up. But surely someone knew someone in Japan and called them to wake them up!

Guest bluejean

What I'd like to know is how did someone outside of Japan stumble across that iTunes page. They must have been perusing different countries that they can't actually purchase from.

Guest bluejean

iTunes put up a fake clip. It's not the final FINAL version... :lol:

....I can hear the moans now

It's only 1 minute and 30 seconds, let's not judge it until we hear the FULL track :lmao: