GMAYL Preview!!! (1st page: Now on iTunes/SoundCloud/SendSpace)

horn

Awful! Shit song made even worse by the addition of that hideous and annoying (vocally and facially) Minaj thing.

W-H-Y? MADONNA?!

I can't see kids buying this, or gays in their 30s and 40s.

You won't last long here.

I thought if you pre order the album you get the single straight away and that counts toward the charts?

I can't find the source for that but I'm quite certain it does count toward the single sale for soundscan.

However, when the album releases and you get the complete album, soundscan will deduct the single count as return. Here's "Ask Billboard" that will explain this...

Hi Keith,

With Apple's announcement of the "Complete My Album" feature, how does Billboard record sales when users take advantage of this service? Does it take away digital single sales credit for the songs as it is being converted into an album sale or is there a different methodology to it?

Thank you,

Anthony Hesseltine

Seattle, Washington

Hi Anthony,

You hit the nail on the head. When you complete your album purchase at the Apple iTunes Music Store an album sale is registered in exchange for a return of a digital track (or tracks).

Let's say you bought Fergie's "Glamorous" for 99 cents a few weeks ago. And now, you can complete your album purchase -- that is, getting the rest of "The Dutchess" album -- without paying full price (since you already paid 99 cents for the "Glamorous" song). SoundScan will treat this new transaction as a return of "Glamorous" in exchange for a sale of "The Dutchess" album.

3 more hours to go and not a leak in sight! Well, besides the demo that is... Gives me faith :)

i don't want anything to leak!

the anticipation is half the fun and there's only 2 and a half hrs left

I thought if you pre order the album you get the single straight away and that counts toward the charts?

"Paradise" is a song by British alternative rock band Coldplay. The song received its radio debut at 7:50am on The Chris Moyles Show (BBC Radio 1) on 12 September 2011. According to Coldplay's official website, the single was not initially chart eligible in the United Kingdom, because it was available on iTunes as an "instant grat" (immediate download) when pre-ordering the album.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=782

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_(Coldplay_song)

I can't find the source for that but I'm quite certain it does count toward the single sale for soundscan.

However, when the album releases and you get the complete album, soundscan will deduct the single count as return. Here's "Ask Billboard" that will explain this...

Hi Keith,

With Apple's announcement of the "Complete My Album" feature, how does Billboard record sales when users take advantage of this service? Does it take away digital single sales credit for the songs as it is being converted into an album sale or is there a different methodology to it?

Thank you,

Anthony Hesseltine

Seattle, Washington

Hi Anthony,

You hit the nail on the head. When you complete your album purchase at the Apple iTunes Music Store an album sale is registered in exchange for a return of a digital track (or tracks).

Let's say you bought Fergie's "Glamorous" for 99 cents a few weeks ago. And now, you can complete your album purchase -- that is, getting the rest of "The Dutchess" album -- without paying full price (since you already paid 99 cents for the "Glamorous" song). SoundScan will treat this new transaction as a return of "Glamorous" in exchange for a sale of "The Dutchess" album.

wouldn't that mean it is theoretically possible to get negative sales, if lets say gmayl sells 500000 these 3 days from the preorder, and then during the album release week, the single sells 400000. a -100000 for the single sales would end up that week?

wouldn't that mean it is theoretically possible to get negative sales, if lets say gmayl sells 500000 these 3 days from the preorder, and then during the album release week, the single sells 400000. a -100000 for the single sales would end up that week?

I thought about it too :nocomment:

Guest bluejean

It all sounds very messy. They should have made it you get the remix only for the presale, or maybe another track from the album as well (a non single.)

Who cares? It will be the end of March by then and Madonna will have probably released a new single! :boxing:

In any case I think it'd be tough for GMAYL to top UK chart this week anyway since it will have only just 2 days of sale right?

But if anyone cares about chart, I think you should just buy the pre-sale album on itunes for its great deal ($9.99) now and get the single separately from somewhere else (Amazon?) so it will count towards the chart... That way it's still cheaper in total than to get just the single now from iTunes and buy the album when it releases... Just my 2 cents... :)

"Paradise" is a song by British alternative rock band Coldplay. The song received its radio debut at 7:50am on The Chris Moyles Show (BBC Radio 1) on 12 September 2011. According to Coldplay's official website, the single was not initially chart eligible in the United Kingdom, because it was available on iTunes as an "instant grat" (immediate download) when pre-ordering the album.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=782

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_(Coldplay_song)

Those saying that HU and 4M sent some on the board into meltdown are completely correct - all hell broke loose, then both singles became massive hits and everyone loved them ;)

The video and the song itself are lots of fun! It's certainly being treated as an "event" release, which is great to see! Interscope seem to really know what they're doing. I wonder how many takes it took to get the "walking horizontally along the wall" scenes right...?!

I'm a bit annoyed, though, because the Australian countdown stopped at midnight February 4th, but it says that the item is currently not available in the Australian store - the ad is part of the main series of ads that appear at the top of the store, though, so I don't know what's going on. Also annoying is the fact that although our dollar is worth $USD1.07, we have to pay $AUD16.99 for the album ($USD18.18, when we should be paying around $USD9.34...!). Of course, she's worth it, but we're paying more than most for music.