GMAYL Preview!!! (1st page: Now on iTunes/SoundCloud/SendSpace)

horn

Because you're coming off like a sissy who's all butt hurt because of a Madonna song. When I don't like a Madonna song I go listen to something else or maybe go to the park and forget about it, I don't go on and on and on about it like a little girl who just got dumped.

I made one fucking post about it! Get over it! All I've said this whole time was that I thought the song was alright but that I didn't like Nicki Minaj. There are people on here who have made the same opinions and we are only discussing now because it's leaking..ummm HELLO I'm not going to listen to it if I don't like it but I had to listen to it first to see if I liked it and I would think we would all post our opinions on this forum as you did yourself.

But tell me, guys. Im a new Madonna's fan, only 19 years old. Im her fan since 2010, so I never followed her new era starts like today. My question is: do you feel a great vibe about this era? I mean, you were with her in the beginning of Erotica, ray of light, Confessions, etc...

I've been a fan since Like A Virgin so been through nearly all the launches. Things have really changed since the arrival of the internet. Before that you literally had no idea what an album sounded like before it dropped. It was hard getting much news so everything was a surprise. It was easier in a way because you knew there was nothing you could do until it was released. From Ray of Light onwards, from the moment there's an announcement she's working on an album, it's months of news, fake news, clips etc so it's much more frustrating.

There is a real positive vibe about this album but I think part of it is because things have been so secretive. Previously, when we've heard about what kind of music she's working on it can have a real influence on the build up. When Confessions was coming, everyone was positive as it was 'back to her dance roots'. Whereas, for American Life and Hard Candy there was a more negative build up as she was working on a rock sound / urban sound respectively and those genres are not as popular for Madonna fans. As far as we're aware this is a dance / pop / ballads album which is what Madonna fans normally want coupled with William Orbit from RoL. So, yes, I think there is a general positive vibe.

People were able to actually buy it?

Yes, it was available for sale in iTunes Japan for about an hour..

Guest bluejean

It's ok for anyone to dislike the song but what annoys me is that they go on and on about how much they hate it in multiple posts x 1000. You can easily tell everyone you absolutely HATE the song in one single post, no need to post thousands of them.

:thumbsup:

The way some people go on and on its like they have nothing else. It's like it's THEIR career :lol:

My feelings exactly.

But apparently on this forum you can't express yourself.

You're only the 2nd or 3rd person to dislike it and these people just bash me for disliking it.

You shouldn't be bashed for your opinion but have the sense to back off after stating it. Fans who like the new single deserve to enjoy this moment.

I made one fucking post about it! Get over it! All I've said this whole time was that I thought the song was alright but that I didn't like Nicki Minaj. There are people on here who have made the same opinions and we are only discussing now because it's leaking..ummm HELLO I'm not going to listen to it if I don't like it but I had to listen to it first to see if I liked it and I would think we would all post our opinions on this forum as you did yourself.

Seriously, so butt hurt. Calm down and get that sand out of your vagina.

Guest bluejean

The forum is for both, who likes it and who doesn't like. The guy has his right to express his opinion and this forum experienced much worse times with people trashing her music or her face and i did it myself whem i felt like doing it.

With every new song there's people that don't like it. American Life, Hung Up, 4 Minutes and Celebration all received similar responses.

Actually the response here so far is pretty tame in comparison, I anticipate more drama tomorrow when the usual suspects are awake.

tumblr_lyoh1aj0Xa1qk7qpuo1_500.gif

I always thought that leaked version was a final demo, so I'm not surprised. I still don't like the song, and to me this is her weakest first single after "American Life". It's interesting that she insists to release this song even after so much negative reaction. Maybe she knows something that we don't know. Anyways, good luck to her.. I would love to see her at number one again. And also I'm sure there will be songs that I love in the album.

you didn't make one post, you are so annoying and yes we get it: you don't like it. enough !!!

Guest bluejean

Hung Up received a negative acception from fans when released?

Yes! It was viewed as a Gwen Stefani rip off with the "tick tock" stuff, plus Stuart Price had done a remix of What You Waiting For with the clock ticking. Not to mention the lyrics were recycled from the Like A Prayer album and the leotard thing was disliked by many in the video. The lyrics were critisised also. Trust me, some fans were in a tizzy handing in their fan cards then also.

The Confessions album was also "typical generic dance music" and "ripping off old songs" music and lyrics wise and "any DJ could have produced this." Even the use of the words 'Better the devil that you know' was a drama to some because "Kylie had a song using those words." :lmao:

Hung Up received a negative acception from fans when released?

not that I remember. Perhaps some negative nancys were complaining about the recycled lyrics, but pretty much everybody loved it.

Yes! It was viewed as a Gwen Stefani rip off with the "tick tock" stuff, plus Stuart Price had done a remix of What You Waiting For with the clock ticking. Not to mention the lyrics were recycled from the Like A Prayer album and the leotard thing was disliked by many in the video. The lyrics were critisised also. Trust me, some fans were in a tizzy handing in their fan cards then also.

It was mainly criticiced for the Eurotrash sound and the ABBA sample. People said she couldn't get a hit without ABBA. She's selling out. Also they said it was too obvious. Just like GMAYL it was seen as "too fluffy" for a Madonna single which is ridiculous to be honest.

Edited by dollhouse

Guest bluejean

Well perhaps we were on different forums, I was on Madonnamad and everything I just posted are examples of what was said. And yes the Eurotrash sound was one of them. I'll never forget the insistence that 'Push' needed to be a US single because supposedly radio there would play that because of its "urban" sound. I swear I heard that about 100 times, "If Push was a single the album would be doing better." That song would have flopped harder than ever. It was the Beat Goes On of Confessions. For American Life it was Nothing Fails that was apparently going to save the day and be a US #1 :lol:

Well perhaps we were on different forums, I was on Madonnamad and everything I just posted are examples of what was said. And yes the Eurotrash sound was one of them. I'll never forget the insistence that 'Push' needed to be a US single because supposedly radio there would play that because of its "urban" sound. I swear I heard that about 100 times, "If Push was a single the album would be doing better." That song would have flopped harder than ever.

Yeah, and they wanted Jump for the US instead of too euro Sorry.

It's fun, catchy, silly, buoyant, energetic -- definitely one of those songs that works its way into your brain & refuses to leave. Nicki Minaj's voice was in danger of making my ears bleed, but her part was mercifully short.

Can't wait for the video tomorrow!

Why the version that Gabbana posted the sound becomes weird after the first chorus?

it's because it's two separate recordings mixed together - the original demo mixed with the clip that leaked today with the additional rap to make it sound like the final version.