Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

This shit is bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S :thumbsup:

The scene with Madonna walking with MIA & Nicki reminds me a little of the original 'American Life' video.

Guest groovyguy

:wow:

Good news! Especially in light of Drowned Madonna's Benassi rumor being validated today... Thanks again, groovy! You've given me more hope!

I'm also hoping it's true.

Wow GroovyGuy is on fire as usual! :clap:

Loving the single cover and I'm so happy she isn't in a cheerleading outfit.

I'm glad the forum is back. I can imagine this is very difficult to manage and takes a lot of energy. I'm sure most of us here really appreciate all the time and resources. Thanks again!

The scene with Madonna walking with MIA & Nicki reminds me a little of the original 'American Life' video.

It's funny you say that as I thought the exact same thing! The hallway scene, right? I still love that video, even if the song was subpar.

single cover is amazing

so glad she went with something simple and effortless

best single cover since hung up

i'm also loving the video teaser :wow:

the cheerleaders theme looks 10000x better than what i expected

she looks hot + mia and nicki are giving me niki/donna flashbacks

can't wait till thursday!

I love the cover. So simple. I hope the VDO will be great too ! Ohhh so excited.

Ps. I thought we ( the forum ) were sabotaged by loons for a minute there !

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/01/madonna-prepares-to-give-us-all-her-luvin.html#more

Absolutely love the official art for "Give Me All Your Luvin'," which has a lot of energy and style. Love the treatment of the title on Madonna's top.

Even more in love with the info that "Give Me All Your Luvin'" will be released on February 3 and that iTunes will have an exclusive pre-order of an 18-track deluxe edition of MDNA (including a remix of one song) from February 3—February 6 for just $9.99. Starting February 3, go to iTunes for the offer.

Oh, and Madonna's video will be previewed on American Idol.

What's so great about all of this—other than being geeked for new Madonna music and a new Madonna era—is that wherever "GMAYL" ends up on the charts, there will be no argument that it coulda done better if only the label had been more behind it, if only timing had been better, etc. Interscope is not fuckin' around with this. The song is going to achieve the highest position possible, and if that's Top 20 or Top 10 or Top 5 or even #2, then that is the absolute best it could have done.

The only angle Interscope can only work so much is radio airplay. "Hung Up" couldn't crack the Top 40 in radio airplay. The massively popular "4 Minutes" couldn't crack the Top 10. So if radio thinks Madonna is an old bag or that Interscope is too pushy or if radio simply does not care for the song, it's only going to go so high in airplay and will have to rely on what's shaping up to be boffo sales.

When the track first leaked, I thought it sounded like a potential #1. My assessment was tamped down a bit because lots of people who are into Madonna immediately decided they didn't love the sound of the song. We'll have to see if their initial "eh" will reflect what the overall market thinks or if, like "4 Minutes," it's a case of hardcore fans not loving a more current-mainstream-pleasing tilt by their idol.

One thing's for sure—Madonna has to do well at the Super Bowl! The success of her single and its football-themed video are riding on that, and in turn the success of her album will be in part riding on that. This pressure will add to what is already presumably going to be a thrilling 12:40 of TV next week!

Excellent commentary.So far,I'm really impressed with the aggressive promotion by Interscope!

Guest bluejean

I don't think the video looks that exciting however I am so excited for this era, that press release got me hard. Interscope sure as hell know what they're doing compared to Warner.