Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Guest groovyguy

I forget most of the GP hasn't seen it yet. :flirt:

I called my mama up to ask what she thought about the cover, she's like "what cover". :lmao:

Agree with the majority opinion -- the cover is gorgeous! :inlove::shock::wow:

I see the little winks/nods to previous covers/looks, which is always a nice touch. The only thing I feel I can contribute (that I haven't seen anyone mention already) is that the typeface for the MDNA recalls the typeface used for EROTICA. The effect applied to the font reminds me just slightly of that one Mr. Brainwash image used for the Celebration single vinyl (with that 1993/1994 Erotica-era pic). Interesting, though.

I do love it ... I guess when I see it among all the others, it has a stronger quality than some. The only drawback might be what others have mentioned -- the overall effect of the choppy-ness means her facial image is slightly diluted. I guess the only other album which would rank 'lower' in that regard would be LAP, because her face isn't even on the cover. :lol: LAP's of course iconic in its own rate -- I'm not criticizing it. Just an observation. I still like it a great deal. Hope it will be reflective of its musical contents.

Guest bluejean

I thought one of the news sites posted it as well?

Anyway, if you look at Celebration the regular version was also b&w, well more sepia, with traces of colour. So maybe when they say b&w they mean something more in that vein rather than a dull looking transfer to b&w. The fact that iTunes and everywhere else is using the deluxe artwork indicates that what we've seen is probably the main cover. Like Celebration the focus will be on the deluxe version rather than the "regular" version.

I can't believe how many positive comments I've been reading online!

In general, the older the artist gets, the more people respect them.

I do not understand how anyone could be disappointed by news of another album cover! It's such a good time to be a Madonna fan!

Anyways, the new cover reminds me of the UK version of the first album in terms of the colour scheme.Madonna+The+First+Album+remixed+1.jpg

Well, it's because we think this cover is REALLY amazing and some of us are a bit scared that the regular cover will not be as good :thumbsup:

But i stay positive, the regular cover will certainly be great :wow:

Well, it's because we think this cover is REALLY amazing and some of us are a bit scared that the regular cover will not be as good :thumbsup:

But i stay positive, the regular cover will certainly be great :wow:

..i hope it will look like Confessions. Not too crazy about that 'mirror effect imaging'.

The rest of the world got this version right?

Europe got the original black and white version for the original launch. Then when Madonna-mania blew up in the summer of 1985, the album was repackaged as 'The First Album' with the new colour cover for the German / UK markets. The rest of Europe got their pressings from Germany (I think) too so essentially it was a European re-release.

As for a deluxe / standard version of MDNA, does that mean there will be a deluxe / standard CD version? It's kind of pointless for iTunes. I hope there is a vinyl version of the colour version.

I think they made a mistake to launch the colour version first. It's just awesome. They should have gone B&W then colour. I suppose they're looking to drive pre-order on itunes to get the number one.

Things are moving so fast, album covers, pre releases downloads, 18 track deluxe etc etc.

4 years (apart from Celebration) is a long time since the promo for the godawful HC. However, the whole promotion reminds me much more of COADF. Good omen.......

i thought that as soon as i saw it, when you have too much MDMA you get shudder vision like the album cover suggests!

Yes, recalling the scenes from the videos of DW and PoG and the distorted effects. Been a long time since I had the "shudder vision". Probably 1999.

Her last few album covers have been mediocre, but this new one is amazing. I love it!

Andressa Teixeira @guyoseary is the released album cover real? we need answers! #MDNA

Guy Oseary @guyoseary @andressat yes, that is the album cover

What a stupid question to ask Guy. Of course it's the official cover, it was posted on the official FaceBook page. And yes, it's the album cover but it doesn't mean the regular edition will have the same one. It's not that odd, Gaga, Rihanna did two covers (and many other artists).

New promo for the new video preview on American Idol, featuring a hint of music, which appears to have a slightly different vocal and melody line:

Thanks. Seems like this version is gonna sound so much better than the demo! :clap:

Yeah I wanted to ask why everyone is taking Bill's comment at face value since he has a habit of posting fake shit.

I'm sorry that certain people took my prediction as being news. I guess I should've worded it differently