Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Guest groovyguy

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The single cover is great. She looks good, and it's nice to see her not forcing her dated "bad girl" image with some underwear leg spread nonesense. She looks fresh and sexy.

Also LOVE her look in the Give Me A Bucket video.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

the single cover is just :wow: she looks stunning, and i'm glad it wasn't some shit cut and paste job a la 4 minutes. i was so happy when i saw it this morning. perfect start to the day!

i can't wait to see what she has in store for the album cover now.

and the clip looks cool. not what i expected, which is good, so i'm excited. friday needs to get here!!!!

Guest groovyguy

DrownedMadonna.com

Giovanni Bianco tweeted me back: giovanni bianco @DrownedMadonna thanks! I love Im so happy! The MDNA cover is Amazing also!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6354

Music Releases: Warner to release 11 CD Madonna boxset in March

First LookFor those of you wondering what Warner Music's plans are about Madonna's back catalogue now that the artist is not signed with them anymore but she's going to publish her long awaited new record, news is just in to MadonnaTribe that there will be a special M boxset out soon.

It should contain 11 Madonna albums in clamshell pack and it is currently scheduled for a European release on Warner on March 5th, 2012.

Guest groovyguy

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/01/madonna-prepares-to-give-us-all-her-luvin.html#more

Absolutely love the official art for "Give Me All Your Luvin'," which has a lot of energy and style. Love the treatment of the title on Madonna's top.

Even more in love with the info that "Give Me All Your Luvin'" will be released on February 3 and that iTunes will have an exclusive pre-order of an 18-track deluxe edition of MDNA (including a remix of one song) from February 3—February 6 for just $9.99. Starting February 3, go to iTunes for the offer.

Oh, and Madonna's video will be previewed on American Idol.

What's so great about all of this—other than being geeked for new Madonna music and a new Madonna era—is that wherever "GMAYL" ends up on the charts, there will be no argument that it coulda done better if only the label had been more behind it, if only timing had been better, etc. Interscope is not fuckin' around with this. The song is going to achieve the highest position possible, and if that's Top 20 or Top 10 or Top 5 or even #2, then that is the absolute best it could have done.

The only angle Interscope can only work so much is radio airplay. "Hung Up" couldn't crack the Top 40 in radio airplay. The massively popular "4 Minutes" couldn't crack the Top 10. So if radio thinks Madonna is an old bag or that Interscope is too pushy or if radio simply does not care for the song, it's only going to go so high in airplay and will have to rely on what's shaping up to be boffo sales.

When the track first leaked, I thought it sounded like a potential #1. My assessment was tamped down a bit because lots of people who are into Madonna immediately decided they didn't love the sound of the song. We'll have to see if their initial "eh" will reflect what the overall market thinks or if, like "4 Minutes," it's a case of hardcore fans not loving a more current-mainstream-pleasing tilt by their idol.

One thing's for sure—Madonna has to do well at the Super Bowl! The success of her single and its football-themed video are riding on that, and in turn the success of her album will be in part riding on that. This pressure will add to what is already presumably going to be a thrilling 12:40 of TV next week!

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6354

Music Releases: Warner to release 11 CD Madonna boxset in March

It should contain 11 Madonna albums in clamshell pack and it is currently scheduled for a European release on Warner on March 5th, 2012.

Oh, so basically all the albums we ALREADY own. Good job Warner Bros.

tumblr_lydcwdKj9q1qg5n3bo1_400.gif

Guest Xanthium

Ok so I'm starting to get REALLY excited about everything now. Everything is gonna come now like an avalanche. It's a good thing I'm in between jobs right now lmao. I can't be at work right now, there's too much Madonna shit that takes precedence haha! I like the single artwork and when I saw the footage for the video I did get a little light headed. I was having a bit of a gay aneurysm. I love M.I.A. so much. I hope her sound influenced the album. I really LOVED the synthy bit of GAYL from the footage of Madonna and M.I.A. in the studio. It sounded like modern New Wave, all guitar-ish and electro at the same time. A part of me really doesn't want to get too excited cause I do NOT want to be dissapointed this era. Oy vey, I need a dramamine!

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/29/mdna-the-official-press-release/

MDNA – The official Press release

iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna’s new album. The bonus remix will be available from Friday, February 3rd through Monday, February 6th only. During this time period the album will be available for $9.99 and fans will also receive the digital single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” immediately. This single is also exclusive to iTunes during this limited time. At launch, the offer can be found at www.iTunes.com/Madonna.

MDNA, recorded in New York and LA, reunites Madonna with former collaborator William Orbit (“Ray of Light”) who co-wrote and co-produced several cuts on the new album. Other co producers include Martin Solveig, The Demolition Crew, Marco “Benny” Benassi and Alessandro “Alle” Benassi, Hardy “Indiigo” Muanza, Michael Malih and Madonna.

Source: PR Newswire

Very interesting that Benassi is, indeed, on board -- despite the back-pedaling in the past month or two. (If I recall correctly, he denied involvement, and at least one fan site claimed his collaborative contribution was not going to end up being included.)

So... I can't keep the other fan news sites straight. Whose rumors are shaping up to be the most accurate? Does this make any vague rumors (like certain song titles, etc.) more valid?

I remember hearing about almost everyone in that list except perhaps Michael Malih. Any insight?

Very, very excited about 18 tracks! I'm sure at least two or three will be remixes, although perhaps it will only be one! It sounds vague the way they word it -- "including one exclusive remix" means there might only be one mix in the 18, but it also might be one EXCLUSIVE mix with three other mixes that are available elsewhere. In any event, it sounds promising.

I wonder about physical releases... for both GMAYL and MDNA. Neither one is mentioned -- although I kinda have a feeling that if the W.E. soundtrack is getting the physical release, so will MDNA and perhaps GMAYL, although the latter is of course less likely.

I'm assuming since nothing has been said or even rumored at this point that she won't be doing any type of promo gigs like she has for the last few albums?

She's probably been too consumed with the Super Bowl preparation and the film opening (promo, awards shows) to fully plan a promo gig. But -- after she gets through this week, who knows? She may show up at the Oscars, but I bet she'll be heavily working on tour plans by that point. And as we've seen the last several times (COADF and HC), she incorporates many elements from the promo gigs, so it still might be possible. It's early yet, if the album release date is in fact the last few days of March. A promo gig might even be in early April. That's still a few months away.

Ok so I'm starting to get REALLY excited about everything now. Everything is gonna come now like an avalanche. It's a good thing I'm in between jobs right now lmao. I can't be at work right now, there's too much Madonna shit that takes precedence haha! I like the single artwork and when I saw the footage for the video I did get a little light headed. I was having a bit of a gay aneurysm. I love M.I.A. so much. I hope her sound influenced the album. I really LOVED the synthy bit of GAYL from the footage of Madonna and M.I.A. in the studio. It sounded like modern New Wave, all guitar-ish and electro at the same time. A part of me really doesn't want to get too excited cause I do NOT want to be dissapointed this era. Oy vey, I need a dramamine!

Yeah I'm getting a little (over)excited too *breathes into paper bag*

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FORUM IS DOWN I get left behind.

It was THEE worst day for the site to crash.

Just to recap the day, we got:

Single cover

Release date for GMAYL of Friday

Teaser of video during American Idol on Thursday

Video release date of Friday

Album release date of March 26th (confirmed by MTribe)

Jay Leno tomorrow and Anderson on Thursday

18 track Deluxe album (for $9.99 throughout the weekend on iTunes)

List of all the producers of the album (on the press release)

Good times!

Guest groovyguy

Very interesting that Benassi is, indeed, on board -- despite the back-pedaling in the past month or two. (If I recall correctly, he denied involvement, and at least one fan site claimed his collaborative contribution was not going to end up being included.)

So... I can't keep the other fan news sites straight. Whose rumors are shaping up to be the most accurate? Does this make any vague rumors (like certain song titles, etc.) more valid?

I remember hearing about almost everyone in that list except perhaps Michael Malih. Any insight?

Very, very excited about 18 tracks! I'm sure at least two or three will be remixes, although perhaps it will only be one! It sounds vague the way they word it -- "including one exclusive remix" means there might only be one mix in the 18, but it also might be one EXCLUSIVE mix with three other mixes that are available elsewhere. In any event, it sounds promising.

According to the official Press release, iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna’s new album. That sounds like 17 new songs including Masterpiece. That sounds like 17 new songs including Masterpiece.

I remember DrownedMadonna being adamant that Benny Benassi was simply denying his involvement, but that he was, in fact, on board.

So is(are) the cover photo(s) Mert & Marcus? It doesn't seem to match the description of the cover shoot we heard, so MDNA may yet have a different look...? It also doesn't seem to match the GMAYL video hair, so ... I'm wondering when this shoot was done. Curious.

(And can I say that I'm :lol: at Nicki Minaj's cheerleader outfit -- the Adidas emblems on her bosoms! :lmao: )

According to the official Press release, iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna’s new album. That sounds like 17 new songs including Masterpiece.

I remember DrownedMadonna being adamant that Benny Benassi was simply denying his involvement, but that he was, in fact, on board.

Yeah, but the deluxe edition of Hard Candy on iTunes was, I think 16 tracks... "Ring My Bell" was an exclusive bonus track during the pre-order and then disappeared on release date. The other extra tracks were two remixes of 4 Minutes (Peter Saves New York and Junkie XL Remix Edit), and the Paul Oakenfold Edit of "Give It 2 Me."

My point is that they could have promoted one (or all) of those remixes as 'exclusive' if you couldn't download them elsewhere. (I think the edits of those remixes, actually, weren't available to download separately.)

I'll try to be positive and assume only one of the 18 is a remix, though! :wink: It could very easily be 13 album tracks, Masterpiece, another bonus track, and then three remixes, one of which is 'exclusive' (in the way that "Ring My Bell" was also exclusive to iTunes -- you couldn't get it elsewhere).

Thanks for the tip on DrownedMadonna ... will have to review what rumors they've spilled recently.

Guest groovyguy

So is(are) the cover photo(s) Mert & Marcus? It doesn't seem to match the description of the cover shoot we heard, so MDNA may yet have a different look...? It also doesn't seem to match the GMAYL video hair, so ... I'm wondering when this shoot was done. Curious.

(And can I say that I'm :lol: at Nicki Minaj's cheerleader outfit -- the Adidas emblems on her bosoms! :lmao: )

That was the news on the album cover shoot - with the hair and jacket descriptions. I don't recall any report on the single's cover shoot or the GAYL video shoot.

Guest groovyguy

Yeah, but the deluxe edition of Hard Candy on iTunes was, I think 16 tracks... "Ring My Bell" was an exclusive bonus track during the pre-order and then disappeared on release date. The other extra tracks were two remixes of 4 Minutes (Peter Saves New York and Junkie XL Remix Edit), and the Paul Oakenfold Edit of "Give It 2 Me."

My point is that they could have promoted one (or all) of those remixes as 'exclusive' if you couldn't download them elsewhere. (I think the edits of those remixes, actually, weren't available to download separately.)

I'll try to be positive and assume only one of the 18 is a remix, though! :wink: It could very easily be 13 album tracks, Masterpiece, another bonus track, and then three remixes, one of which is 'exclusive' (in the way that "Ring My Bell" was also exclusive to iTunes -- you couldn't get it elsewhere).

Thanks for the tip on DrownedMadonna ... will have to review what rumors they've spilled recently.

I understand what you're saying. I guess I'm thinking 17 new tracks based on the following DM's report about the rumored 17 album tracks including 4 ballads:

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/364-more-details-on-madonnas-new-album-trust-is-planned-to-open-the-album.html

...17 are the tracks that have been registered as for now...

I understand what you're saying. I guess I'm thinking 17 new tracks based on the following DM's report about the rumored 17 album tracks including 4 ballads:

http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/364-more-details-on-madonnas-new-album-trust-is-planned-to-open-the-album.html

...17 are the tracks that have been registered as for now...

:wow:

Good news! Especially in light of Drowned Madonna's Benassi rumor being validated today... Thanks again, groovy! You've given me more hope!

I like the single cover. It's not mind-blowing but she looks good and as others have said, it has "attitude." The video clip is too short to make any final judgments but she does look sexy (aside from the finger point thing she does which is stupid, but whatever). I want to see that MDNA cover!!!