MDNA Release Date Competitors

horn

I think Madonna will debut on no. 1 in most countries, like she always did in the past!!!

I couldn't agree more!

They are even playing it safe with the pre-sales from 03 February offering the single to whoever pre-orders the download version on iTunes, making sure that the single sales won't kill much album sales. I'm sure that they will do something else if the pre-order numbers are lower than they expect them to be ;)

But that album from Carrie Underwood eventually went on to become one of the biggest selling albums of the decade

yeah, but what we are after here is an 8th #1 album and we are talking about the week in competition...

so #1 is in the bag for this album... that is if no one makes another $0.99 for a full album offer...

I do have a question regarding the sales impact of GMAYL:

Madonna will be releasing her new single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. on February 3rd, three days before her highly anticipated Bridgestone Super Bowl halftime performance. iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna's new album. The bonus remix will be available from Friday February 3rd through Monday February 6th only. During this time period the album will be available for $9.99 and fans will also receive the digital single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" immediately. This single is also exclusive to iTunes during this limited time. At launch, the offer can be found at www.itunes.com/madonna

So, those who will pre-order the 18-track album will be automatically buying the GMAYL single, right? And that this GMAYL remix sales from Feb. 3 to 5 (cutoff) will also count to the same song? So this will be the first week it will impact...

So, those who will pre-order the 18-track album will be automatically buying the GMAYL single, right? And that this GMAYL remix sales from Feb. 3 to 5 (cutoff) will also count to the same song? So this will be the first week it will impact...

I have the same question. When you pre-order an album and automatically get its single is it like you buy the album and the single separately?

Guest groovyguy

I have the same question. When you pre-order an album and automatically get its single is it like you buy the album and the single separately?

Waiting for the answer from Holidayguy and thebigham.

UK

march, 26th

All-American Rejects - Kids In The Street

Amadou & Mariam – Folila

Blood Red Shoes - In Time To Voices

Curtis Stigers - Let's Go Out Tonight

Delilah – From The Roots Up

Feeder - Generation Freakshow

Iron Maiden – En Vivo

Madonna - MDNA

Miike Snow - Happy To You

Paul Weller – Sonik Kicks

Taio Cruz – Ty.O

The Used – Vulnerable

Now 81

Is that a live album? I wouldn't underestimate Iron Maiden.

Waiting for the answer from Holidayguy and thebigham.

more or less, the first 3-day (Feb.3-5) sales of GMAYL will come from:

1. its separate iTunes single entry

2. its tie-in with the pre-order

3. the bonus remix

Does pre-orders offer snippets of every song for preview? This pre-order sales will definitely count on the first week sales of MDNA come March 26...

Guest groovyguy

more or less, the first 3-day (Feb.3-5) sales of GMAYL will come from:

1. its separate iTunes single entry

2. its tie-in with the pre-order

3. the bonus remix

Does pre-orders offer snippets of every song for preview? This pre-order sales will definitely count on the first week sales of MDNA come March 26...

Thanks.

There usually are not snippets available with early pre-orders.

With pre-orders, the track usually isn't listed separately from the album- but, yes, one can buy it individually and not pre-order the album, or they get it automatically when pre-ordering. I'm not sure if the remix is for GMAYL? The press release didn't specify.

As for release date of the album, the press release didn't mention it within the text, but one of the headlines did.

that shes a flavor of the month or something like dat on twitter... she apologized sayin she didnt really know wat she was talkin about though..

Does she ever??? :lmao:

but it's still not clear for me. When you get it automatically when pre-ordering is it counting to the single sales?

i think this question should be directed at the bonus remix...

obviously GMAYL single will be offered separately, so it would seem that when you click that pre-order, you buy the separate entry of GMAYL single as well (it gets delivered)

now, if the bonus remix (which is indicated to be one of the 18 tracks) is stacked inside the album, it may not contribute to the sales... here's to hoping otherwise...

sniper- yes, it's a sale for the single. When the album's released, though, any pre-order sales get detracted from the single, though, for that particular week. Not sure how long that's been the rule- back when 'Hung Up" was out, it was common for main singles to see sales gains the week the album was released. So, maybe that rule took effect sometime thereafter.

sniper- yes, it's a sale for the single. When the album's released, though, any pre-order sales get detracted from the single, though, for that particular week. Not sure how long that's been the rule- back when 'Hung Up" was out, it was common for main singles to see sales gains the week the album was released. So, maybe that rule took effect sometime thereafter.

"Paradise" is a song by British alternative rock band Coldplay. The song was released on 12 September 2011 as the second single from their fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto.[2] The song received its radio debut at 7:50am on The Chris Moyles Show (BBC Radio 1) on 12 September 2011.[3][4] According to Coldplay's official website, the single was not initially chart eligible in the United Kingdom, because it was available on iTunes as an "instant grat" (immediate download) when pre-ordering the album.

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=782

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_(Coldplay_song)

Does Interscope know about it? :nocomment:

I wouldn't count out 50 Cent... at least in the U.S. Though, since he got pissed about wanting to release a single called "Girls Gone Wild", it may be that INTERSCOPE discourage that to be his first release. It's a guess, but I'm thinking (and hoping) that Interscope is more interested in getting Madonna's record #1.

yeah, but what we are after here is an 8th #1 album and we are talking about the week in competition...

so #1 is in the bag for this album... that is if no one makes another $0.99 for a full album offer...

I do have a question regarding the sales impact of GMAYL:

Madonna will be releasing her new single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. on February 3rd, three days before her highly anticipated Bridgestone Super Bowl halftime performance. iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna's new album. The bonus remix will be available from Friday February 3rd through Monday February 6th only. During this time period the album will be available for $9.99 and fans will also receive the digital single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" immediately. This single is also exclusive to iTunes during this limited time. At launch, the offer can be found at www.itunes.com/madonna

Is this only in the U.S.? (The pre-order)

um what abt R Kelly and DMX :/ too. ???

these two will be no match for pre-orders alone... was it 77k the number of copies HARD CANDY digitally-sold in its first week (including pre-orders)