UK DATES FOR TOUR

debord

I heard about a rumoured Edinburgh date in July but this is the first time i've seen it mentioned online.

Oh please be true! Though a Glasgow audience is infinitely better...

There's no Glastonbury this year. Something to do with all resources goin into the Olympics.

There was a RIDICULOUS rumour of the Isle of Wight Festival, which is so low rent it's unbelievable.

I heard about a rumoured Edinburgh date in July but this is the first time i've seen it mentioned online.

Oh please be true! Though a Glasgow audience is infinitely better...

Mutthafukin word! I saw the exact same show once at Edinburgh that I did at Glasgow, and honestly it was like walking into Eastern Europe. What a bunch of lifeless dullards.

Lets just say for this, I'll believe it when I see it. After years of that hateful rag the Daily Record claiming so early only to jinx it, I've become very jaded. And someone posted a list that had London, Manc and Dublin again. If she does Cardiff again I will scream.

Though after years of being annoyed about this "snub" I'm less bothered now and kind of understand it - there just aren't the venues here are there really? I'm also thinking this might not be a place she would like to revisit cause of wedding memories, but that doesn't sound like her.

Cardiff is a national stadium. I guess Murrayfield is more feasible. That damn new SECC arena is taking too long and Hampden literally is THE worst venue eva - at least with Wembley you can hop on the tube at Wembley Park, what is it a mile to Mount Florida railway station?

It would be so good if she did Glasto, but something went wrong there.. Michael Eavis really wanted her for years, then soured on her. Maybe she'll do T in the Park (yeah right) - but imagine how cool that would be, if she did a normal tour but her one Scottish appearance was a unique festival date. :dramatic: *dreams*

Mutthafukin word! I saw the exact same show once at Edinburgh that I did at Glasgow, and honestly it was like walking into Eastern Europe. What a bunch of lifeless dullards.

Lets just say for this, I'll believe it when I see it. After years of that hateful rag the Daily Record claiming so early only to jinx it, I've become very jaded. And someone posted a list that had London, Manc and Dublin again. If she does Cardiff again I will scream.

Though after years of being annoyed about this "snub" I'm less bothered now and kind of understand it - there just aren't the venues here are there really? I'm also thinking this might not be a place she would like to revisit cause of wedding memories, but that doesn't sound like her.

Cardiff is a national stadium. I guess Murrayfield is more feasible. That damn new SECC arena is taking too long and Hampden literally is THE worst venue eva - at least with Wembley you can hop on the tube at Wembley Park, what is it a mile to Mount Florida railway station?

It would be so good if she did Glasto, but something went wrong there.. Michael Eavis really wanted her for years, then soured on her. Maybe she'll do T in the Park (yeah right) - but imagine how cool that would be, if she did a normal tour but her one Scottish appearance was a unique festival date. :dramatic: *dreams*

Murrayfield July 21st is the rumour. But yeah, Edinburgh audience = meh. Can you imagine a summer Saturday night Glasgow Madonna show? :scotland::wow::boozehound:

I know what you mean looms, it's so galling to me that her only experiences of British audiences are those godawful DEAD shows in London that i've been dragging myself down to for years to see her.

Manchester was surprisingly dull and Cardiff was an utter flop on the last tour, half filled at most, and it's just NOT a prime visitor/conference city.

There's just NO reason whatsoever she hasn't played Glasgow. You've got bloody Rihanna/Gaga etc RAVING about the audiences everytime they're here and that's just the shitty SECC. Everyone who's anyone has played Hampden Park, crap transport or not. This bitch plays BARREN FIELDS and AIRCRAFT HANGERS in Eastern Block hellholes. I just don't get it.

I think cardif didnt look full because the lower tier looked empty. The standing people didnt know it was for them too so people stood and didnt take their quantity of seats. M was on form though, her vocals were great that night.

Yeah I suppose. The stage was also set up nearly halfway down the floor. The demand just wasn't there, which is understandable as Cardiff isn't THAT far from London really.

Anyway it's looking like Hyde Park is a definite for London this time, don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle again.

Yeah I suppose. The stage was also set up nearly halfway down the floor. The demand just wasn't there, which is understandable as Cardiff isn't THAT far from London really.

Anyway it's looking like Hyde Park is a definite for London this time, don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle again.

I agree, Ill go to Manchester and maybe Nice, cant be arsed with London. Ive done it since 1987 when I was a kid. Its too much to bother with, tubes trains expense...

Murrayfield July 21st is the rumour. But yeah, Edinburgh audience = meh. Can you imagine a summer Saturday night Glasgow Madonna show? :scotland::wow::boozehound:

I know what you mean looms, it's so galling to me that her only experiences of British audiences are those godawful DEAD shows in London that i've been dragging myself down to for years to see her.

Manchester was surprisingly dull and Cardiff was an utter flop on the last tour, half filled at most, and it's just NOT a prime visitor/conference city.

There's just NO reason whatsoever she hasn't played Glasgow. You've got bloody Rihanna/Gaga etc RAVING about the audiences everytime they're here and that's just the shitty SECC. Everyone who's anyone has played Hampden Park, crap transport or not. This bitch plays BARREN FIELDS and AIRCRAFT HANGERS in Eastern Block hellholes. I just don't get it.

IKR. OMG :dramatic:

:confessions:

I think if she WERE to play here, Glasgow would be the natural choice. Like you say, all the biggest music legends bar her have played here.. Edinbore is less common. She will one day do Glasgow (surely) even if we have to wait till the 2018 Scorched Earth tour.

I thought she liked to visit new places each time hence those obscure fourth world Eastern bloc countries, which does feel like a real kick in the teeth. :( Then she has a bagpipe player and kilts, ugh.

London of course will be extra hassle this year with the Olympics. I mean I'm sure it will be alright and everything but imagining it seems grim.

I think another non-UK venue seems the answer, Suedehead et al talked about Italy and Israel and the likes cause they were fed up with the comatose audiences at Wembley. Sounds good to me!

Aye it's a shame she'll probably finally come when no-one actually cares anymore.

I was actually thinking maybe Spain. Barcelona, the st jordi, if she plays there. Defo not snorefest London this time.

I would love to see her here in Glasgow but i dont think she would sell out Hampden at her current prices. The SECC is too small to be financially viable for her. Edinburgh Castle is maybe an option, she should come around festival time for a couple of nights. We really need the new arena now!

Considering she got married here and her son was christened here, you would think she would play a show.

I honestly do think she could sell out Hampden. Edinburgh castle gigs hold less than the SECC plus it's still the horrible east coast audience. Sorry Jimmy Mack if you see this :rosey:

Even Bellahouston Park - if the Pope can - Madge can!

:demonic:

I was thinking that, but Jimmy Mack isn't originally from there and is from scummy Lanarkshire, so it's all good. :bruised: I was also thinking she would sell out Hampden, if that dolt Jobbie Williams can she can. She definitely has a strong fanbase in Scotland, just like the rest of the UK in that respect innit.

Aye, also when that Daily Record rag used to print the Scottish charts I remember weeks that some Madge singles had stalled at no.2 in the UK overall but hit no.1 up here. I wish I knew the official stats but they're difficult to officially find I think.

That bint P!nk played to her biggest ever single audience at Hampden last year if I recall. I know the prices arent comparable but people would fork out for Madge's 1st ever show i'm sure.

I honestly do think she could sell out Hampden. Edinburgh castle gigs hold less than the SECC plus it's still the horrible east coast audience. Sorry Jimmy Mack if you see this :rosey:

Even Bellahouston Park - if the Pope can - Madge can!

The new castle arena takes 8600 for the tattoo. Add floor tickets and then its possibly 10000 plus capacity. If done at the time of the Edinburgh Festival, it would be a huge draw.

I would just not want the negative headlines from a half empty stadium show, and at the prices she charges, many peope would stay away. 100 pounds a ticket does not bring out fair weather fans or the curious to a stadium show. Now if she charged fifty pounds for decent seats i know lots of people who woud go, but not at the prices of her last tour.

Of course her prices are ridiculous and if she keeps pissing over her legacy, she'll get a big shock when the sell-outs stop. But at the moment I think you're under estimating her drawing power. The die- hards will fill the circles no problem and your talking £55 to £85 for the rest.

Standing at the SECC is 10,000+ as well but neither of those venues are suitable for her kind of show. That castle stage just gives me vile images of Rod Stewart, Elton et al. It really is a pity that new arena wasn't ready this year - and if it gets Live Nation affiliation (like a lot of the dumps she's played the last few years) even better.

Aye, also when that Daily Record rag used to print the Scottish charts I remember weeks that some Madge singles had stalled at no.2 in the UK overall but hit no.1 up here. I wish I knew the official stats but they're difficult to officially find I think.

That bint P!nk played to her biggest ever single audience at Hampden last year if I recall. I know the prices arent comparable but people would fork out for Madge's 1st ever show i'm sure.

Celebration was #1 in Scotland :lmao: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebration_(Madonna_song)#Charts

I hate that Wikipedia started listing the Scottish charts alongside the national UK ones, um wtf.. nobody paid attention to shows like Chart Bite. But in a way stuff like that is good for minor trivia. "Borderline" was #1 in Ireland, also otherwise closely mirroring the UK charts, would be interesting to see if there were any differences. The Scottish charts go back to the 60s I think, and you have stuff like Middle of the Road of "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" fame having 8 #1s here!

I also agree that people would fork out to see her. The thing is, it's a novelty at least that she has never played here, if she had before then yeah maybe demand would be less, but it's a really big deal. I was so annoyed when I saw that new arena wasn't opening till next year. :( Typical.

Celebration was #1 in Scotland :lmao:

For two weeks no less! :rotfl:

Anyway, maybe it's just as well, this tour might be shite and in true Glesga style we'd bottle the bitch - a la Sheena Easton 1990 :bad:

For two weeks no less! :rotfl:

Anyway, maybe it's just as well, this tour might be shite and in true Glesga style we'd bottle the bitch - a la Sheena Easton 1990 :bad:

:lmao:

I was thinking that with her accent fluctuations, Madge was like an American Sheena. Then I thought of the Superbowl.. :shock:

:lmao:

I was thinking that with her accent fluctuations, Madge was like an American Sheena. Then I thought of the Superbowl.. :shock:

:rotfl: Oh i'm gettin flashbacks of Sheena's Emmy-worthy stint in MIAMI VICE right now! I'm sure a Greatest Hits residency in Vegas awaits Madge at some point - just with slighly ELEVATED production values....

But I must say, a perverse part of me wouldn't mind seeing Our Holy Queen pelted with BOTTLES OF PISH as she launches into the inevitable "rock" version of Lucky Star :wow:

Of course her prices are ridiculous and if she keeps pissing over her legacy, she'll get a big shock when the sell-outs stop. But at the moment I think you're under estimating her drawing power. The die- hards will fill the circles no problem and your talking £55 to £85 for the rest.

Standing at the SECC is 10,000+ as well but neither of those venues are suitable for her kind of show. That castle stage just gives me vile images of Rod Stewart, Elton et al. It really is a pity that new arena wasn't ready this year - and if it gets Live Nation affiliation (like a lot of the dumps she's played the last few years) even better.

She could do a couple of nights at the SECC. We know she is planning to do a few arenas

on the next tour. She did 8 nights at Wembley arena on CT and that place only holds

11,000. I would be shocked if she played Birmingham or Newcastle but surely after 30 years

those fans deserve a show? I mean the UK is her second biggest market.

She could do a couple of nights at the SECC. We know she is planning to do a few arenas

on the next tour. She did 8 nights at Wembley arena on CT and that place only holds

11,000. I would be shocked if she played Birmingham or Newcastle but surely after 30 years

those fans deserve a show? I mean the UK is her second biggest market.

Oh mark, I used to tease those disgusting "kylie" fans that Madge would never embark on some provincial arena tour of the UK so I hope she never does those places. Just London and maybe Manchester for the North is fine. I also thought Wembley arena held 15,000 or so, no?

Scotland's a completely different matter, an untapped market. I'm convinced even two stadium shows would sell out. The SECC has a really low ceiling, I dunno if that's a factor but I remember some Scots madonnafanzine *spit* fan posting an email reply from Caresse Henry RIP saying that Maadge requested an indoor Scottish venue for RIT but nothing was suitable on that date. Which would have made sense with the whole kilt/bagpipe shyte.