Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34616145

Madonna Super Bowl setlist revealed in NFL mag

By Will Brinson

INDIANAPOLIS -- If you're like us, you've been wondering exactly what songs Madonna would play at halftime of the Super Bowl. Sure, there's been some chatter about the various numbers she'll drop, but nothing official.

However, for our Sunday afternoon flight to Indy, we picked up a copy of the new NFL Magazine and three songs are confirmed by the league in a blurb about the Material Girl: "Gimme All Your Luvvin," "Ray of Light," and "En Vogue."

"Though Madonna's set list was not officially announced at press time, fans might expect her to give all her luvvin', provide a ray of light and be in vogue with her music," the magazine reads. "The Super Bowl is almost a national holiday, after all."

Though we wholeheartedly agree about the holiday aspect of things, we're kind of unsure exactly what that has to do with Madonna playing a new single.

Whatever, we appreciate the NFL dropping some nuggets in the magazine, which was a pretty enjoyable read. Also, for those that hadn't noticed yet, Madonna's going to have the people from Circque du Soleil with her. That alone's worth the price of admission.

Oh yeah, and if you can still get odds on what song Madonna's playing first, you might want to hustle up on that.

UGH. Fail on TWO levels. First, they get one of the three song titles wrong, and second, they totally miss that there would be a total of FOUR songs hinted there. (The 'national holiday' referring to "Holiday," obviously...)

:doh:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002655024717&sk=wall

Madonna FansWorld

rumours : Apparently, BEFORE the Super Bowl, there's going to be a Behind The Scenes Madonna special on NBC.”

During the Golden Globes, which also aired on NBC, they had a commercial for the Super Bowl (with "Ray of Light" as the backing track) and they indicated that somewhere amidst the DAY-LONG coverage leading up to the Super Bowl, they would "go behind the scenes with Madonna for her half time performance."

I don't know, though, whether it will be worth sitting through that whole day of coverage for probably two minutes of footage. I imagine it will be online at some point...

Guest groovyguy

ugg. I will be stuffing my face with pizza and guacamole to get through the game till halftime.

For us, it's pizza, wings and popcorn!

i should go traditional and make wings too. but i'm not going out anywhere sunday and no ones coming over here, so i'll just be by my lonesome :/

Guest groovyguy

i should go traditional and make wings too. but i'm not going out anywhere sunday and no ones coming over here, so i'll just be by my lonesome :/

Sweetie, it's the best time to hold an orgy, I mean, a party. ;)

yeah, i don't know what my plans are yet, either. i'll probably watch all by myself in front of my computer (since it will be online live, too, i understand)... My father loathes Madonna, so to sit and watch the half-time performance with him will be excruciatingly uncomfortable. I'd be sitting there in a cold sweat. :/

ugg. I will be stuffing my face with pizza and guacamole to get through the game till halftime.

you can do all that while you're sitting on my face you know that right? ;)

UGH. Fail on TWO levels. First, they get one of the three song titles wrong, and second, they totally miss that there would be a total of FOUR songs hinted there. (The 'national holiday' referring to "Holiday," obviously...)

:doh:

FIVE songs were hinted at there.

"Though Madonna's set list was not officially announced at press time, fans might expect her to give all her luvvin', provide a ray of light and be in vogue with her music," the magazine reads. "The Super Bowl is almost a national holiday, after all."

Guest groovyguy

does anyone knows which website will stream it online?

NBC's broadcasts of wild card Saturday, the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl will be available on the league's and network's websites and through Verizon's NFL Mobile app.

409019_347174531973474_306553579368903_1207723_1228488856_n.jpg

Guest groovyguy

Damn. That bitter old queen just won't stop.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/01/elton-john-talks-new-super-bowl-ad-offers-madonna-advice/

Elton John Talks New Super Bowl Ad, Offers Madonna Advice

When asked if he would ever perform at the Super Bowl, John replied, “I’ve never seen a decent one, never ever.”

However, John does offer Madonna some advice for this year’s show: “Make sure you lip-sync good,” he said with a laugh.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/01/elton-john-talks-new-super-bowl-ad-offers-madonna-advice/

When asked if he would ever perform at the Super Bowl, John replied, “I’ve never seen a decent one, never ever.”

However, John does offer Madonna some advice for this year’s show: “Make sure you lip-sync good,” he said with a laugh.

Can he just die already?

So beyond petty and pathetic at this point. EMBARRASSING

Guest groovyguy

For Superbowl fans:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/couch-slouch-the-2012-super-bowl-viewing-guide/2012/01/29/gIQA5fruaQ_story.html

Couch Slouch: The 2012 Super Bowl viewing guide

Let’s be honest here: Nobody outside of New England — which somehow combines angst and arrogance when it comes to its sporting interests — wants to see the Red Sox or the Patriots take home another World Series or Super Bowl title ever. Nobody. Which forces most of us into the unusual and uncomfortable position of rooting for a New York/New Jersey sports team next weekend.

I hope at least it’s a great game because, otherwise, the only thing that could make Giants-Patriots a more painful viewing experience would be if they invite Steven Tyler to sing “God Bless America” at halftime.

Alas, I will be sofa-bound with the rest of you, so, as a public service, I am here to provide my 46th annual Super Bowl Viewing Guide (for Super Bowl Parties of Six or More):

This is a rematch of Super Bowl 42. That was the season the Patriots went 19-0 — oh, check that; I forgot about David Tyree.

This is the biggest pizza day in America. On Super Sunday, we consume more pizza than the nations of Italy, Greece and Romania did from the 15th century to the 18th century.

The game will be televised by NBC. That’s the network that used to have a lot of shows everyone watched. I think it’s Channel 4 in most areas.

Madonna — yes, the ageless Madonna — will be Super Bowl 46’s halftime entertainment. Time always stops on Super Sunday. If Gypsy Rose Lee were still alive, she’d be doing the coin toss at Super Bowl 47.

The game is in Indianapolis, which, at the moment, is about midway through winter. I have nothing against Indianapolis — lovely town; wish I lived there. And I have nothing against Detroit or Minneapolis, which also have dome-hosted Super Bowls. But the Super Bowl has become a weeklong holiday for those going, and people generally prefer their resort venues to be, you know, NOT SO COLD. Just play the game in San Diego or New Orleans or Biosphere 2, for crying out loud. P.S. Say hello to East Rutherford for Super Bowl 48 in February 2014!

If the Patriots win, it will be conclusive evidence that Coach Bill Belichick truly is a “genius.” We might even find out he’s the love child of Stephen Hawking and Marie Curie. Who can question his vast intellect? Against the Broncos two weeks ago, clinging to a 45-10 lead with three minutes to go, Belichick had Tom Brady quick-kick on third and 10. Now, that’s GENIUS.

That’s a reminder — don’t turn your dial if the Patriots turn the game into a rout. The Patriots will keep throwing deep and quick-kicking even if it’s 73-0.

The Patriots might be the NFL’s luckiest team in the 21st century. First they get the unspeakable Tuck Rule Reversal 10 years ago in an AFC divisional playoff game and now they get Pro Bowl-caliber place kicker Billy Cundiff missing a 32-yard field goal wide left by about 32 feet in last week’s AFC championship game. Both of those unworldly acts cancel out David Tyree.

Speaking of the Tuck Rule — and I know what I’m about to say will fall on deaf ears again — replay’s gotta go. First let me remind folks how tough it is for officials with replay hanging over them — in what other job is there video review of your work every 45 seconds? Anyway, let’s assume that, in the course of an average lifetime, replay calls even out. Since we’re only on this Earth for a short period, let’s just live by the rulings on the field and move on; less stress, more recreational time for all of us!

By the way, the Super Bowl referee will be John Parry. Thankfully, no Ed Hochuli — his explanations alone would push Super Sunday into Big Monday.

Apparently, these Patriots run a no-huddle offense off the field as well. The quarterback (Tom Brady) is married to a supermodel. The wide receiver (Wes Welker) is engaged to a former Miss Hooters International. The tight end (Rob Gronkowski) hangs out with an adult film star. I guess that’s why they’re called “skill positions.”

Frankly, I’m tired of watching Patriots owner Robert Kraft hugging people in the rich-people’s box. Just sayin’.

Have I mentioned I’m rooting for the Giants? I hope this doesn’t gum up my application process into purgatory.

----------------

I am rooting for the Giants.

Giants need to pressure Brady into mistakes

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAd-MsKvaUsp2FuExMb8UhfLfqQHdm6BWgDCeAyhzRcOKSPicH

Tom Brady

Super Bowl 2012: New York Giants Behind Enemy Lines