Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest ditaluver

This performance will be scrutinized and analyzed frame by frame. God forbid she makes a mistake or two are they are going to be blown out of proportions.

she'll be great...shes done this before! she has 30 years of experience!

dont worry!!!

THINK POSITIVE!

and if people want to hate...they gonna hate. FUCK EM

Guest groovyguy

dont worry!!!

THINK POSITIVE!

Exactly. Haters will always hate. Even if the performance is flawless, they would still make nasty comments on something - her costume, her dancing, her age, her arms, her legs, blah, blah, blah. Same old shit.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/madonna-super-bowl-xlvi-celebrity-wishes_n_1247061.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

The Super Bowl is still a few days away, but speculation among fans over just about every aspect of Madonna's highly-anticipated halftime performance -- from which of her many pop classics she'll perform to the guest performers who will appear alongside her onstage to the exact shade of lip gloss she'll wear -- is at fever pitch.

Of course, not everyone is thrilled about the choice of the Material Girl. Fellow icon Elton John just can't seem to stop re-igniting his long-standing feud with Madge (offering his sniffy advice to "lip-sync good") and a quick search on Twitter will uncover any number of horrifically sexist and ageist remarks.

Still, she seems to have found favor among fellow female stars -- Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian and Celine Dion are among those who've voiced their support, on Twitter or elsewhere.

dont worry!!!

THINK POSITIVE!

if she does amazing like on live earth it will be great, she hardly has any negative votes on youtube for those performances, so if her voice is like that (which wasnt even that good) then i'll be happy. as long as she doesnt lip sync. (and i have a feeling she will especially for GAYL)

The latest setlist rumors look to be; GMAYL, Vogue, Music, Holiday, Ray of Light. Whether it will be that, who knows. Also rumblings of HU and LAP.

I also prefer Live 8 over Live Earth- though the Live Earth LIB was great.

BUT look at Live Earth and Live 8.

dont worry!

Not to mention the Oscars. A bigger audience than the Super Bowl worldwide and you could tell she was super nervous - but knocked it out of the park both times.

her vocals at Live8 were amazing.

ROL and LAP were just perfect. I have not heard her sing those songs better at any performance since.

Friends who are not fans were praising her the day after Live 8.

If her vocals are as good as when she did Live 8 she'll get great reviews.

I think less is more. 3 good full songs is so much better than a line or two from several. I always get frustrated when you don't get a full song.

Ps: what is it with Elton! Geez!

Have you written a list of dos and donts for the superbowl? :lmao: