Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Definitively not :thumbsdown:

Every fanbase had bad apples but it's the first time i saw a fanbase wanting to destroy a legend's career for some artist who's here since not even 4 years. I mean, REALLY?

You have to remember that a large percentage of gaga fans are prebuscent teens/young adolescents...this is not surprising behaviour. They see gaga as their "messiah" and her fanbase is starting to resemble a religious cult.

gawd, i just hope no slip ups and fumblings on stage...

I know what you mean. I am actually quietly a bit nervous for her. I just hope it all runs smoothly. It may 'only' be 12 minutes but in the context of things, that may be just as nerve-wracking for her as a proper 2-hour show.

Guest groovyguy

Super Bowl programming

The AP wire from NBC listed "Live backstage with Madonna" as part of their pre-game live event. The show will start at Noon for some markets in the US, but others, like New York and New England, will only join this show an hour later due to local NBC station covering the local teams facing each other at the game.

The NBC Network pre show will air until the game starts at 6pm. There is no set time on to when they will go live to Madonna during her final hours before her big show, it might be a day long pop-ins to her preparations.

I know what you mean. I am actually quietly a bit nervous for her. I just hope it all runs smoothly. It may 'only' be 12 minutes but in the context of things, that may be just as nerve-wracking for her as a proper 2-hour show.

in fact, in a proper 2 hours concert you have enough time to solve problems, be brilliant after you fucked up...not here.

How long is it before the SB starts?

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2012/2/5/2772794/super-bowl-2012-halftime-show-madonna-nicki-minaj-lmfao-cee-lo-green

Super Bowl 2012 Halftime Show: Cee-Lo Denies He's Joining Madonna On Stage

Cee-Lo probably won't play any songs from this album at the Super Bowl halftime show.

Tweet

By Jason Kirk - Regional Editor

Atlanta native Cee-Lo Green, of solo and Goodie Mob fame, is rumored to be playing the halftime show of Super Bowl 2012 with Madonna, but he's either doing his best to keep his reported role a secret or the Super Bowl halftime show will be dumb and bad.

Follow @sbnatlanta on Twitter, and Like SB Nation Atlanta on Facebook.

Feb 5, 2012 - Madonna will be playing the 2012 Super Bowl halftime show. This much we must come to terms with in our own ways. I'm pretty OK with it, as 2012 Madonna will be far superior to 2012 The Who or 2012 Paul McCartney, and the whole thing doesn't really matter at all if OutKast or Kanye West isn't the headliner. So whatever.

However, there was that rumor that Atlanta's Cee-Lo Green will make a contribution, along with Nicki Minaj and LMFAO. This is the sort of thing I'd care about. He's reportedly been spotted at Madonna's rehearsal space in New York frequently, and has also reportedly been investing in local scholarships in Indianapolis until the early hours late this week. He also played some sort of set at the BCS National Championship Game.

We'll assume Cee-Lo's bit will be singing the first verse and chorus of "Forget You," then joining everybody for a slice of our true national anthem, "Party Rock," all of which would be so much better than no Cee-Lo.

However, he's denying the rumors, insisting he'll be at home.

When asked about the Super Bowl: What Super Bowl? I'm not much of a sports fan, but I did hear something about it ... I can't tell you anything. I'll be home with family and friends, probably eating something and enjoying the game.

When asked if Madonna's one of those friends: I don't know about that. I wish she was a friend of mine ... Do you guys believe everything you read? I'll be in Atlanta, Georgia.

Guest groovyguy

The game starts at 6pm. Half time show?? 8 pm?

The game is supposed to start at 6:30pm EST. Half-time show is probably around 8pm or 8:30pm EST.

Guest bluejean

I can't believe people are nervous and afraid something is going to fuck up.

Crowdonna will be in full flight and its going to be the biggest extravaganza television performance she's done since Vogue VMA. This will blow the recycled song arrangements and unrehearsed epileptic fit movements of Live 8 OUT OF THE WATER!

I'm sure of this because I don't recall her ever putting this much effort into a (non tour) performance. She knows its a big deal and she's going to make the most of it.

Hello I live on continental Europe and hope to catch the show on BBC1. I hope the bbc show the halftime show as well?? Would it be around 2AM central European time ? Thanks for conforting me in advance ;)

I can't believe people are nervous and afraid something is going to fuck up.

Crowdonna will be in full flight and its going to be the biggest extravaganza television performance she's done since Vogue VMA. This will blow the recycled song arrangements and unrehearsed epileptic fit movements of Live 8 OUT OF THE WATER!

I'm sure of this because I don't recall her ever putting this much effort into a (non tour) performance. She knows its a big deal and she's going to make the most of it.

n1f81s.jpg

Not to make this about JANET because today is all about Madonna but I just find it funny, the Janet fans on Twitter and forums talking about how "Nobody will even care about Madonna's performance" and that "Janet's will always be superior"

:lmao:

What can u do. Let them believe their own crap. Janet was never anywhere near Madonna's level of stardom. Not in the 80's. Not in the 90's. And people know she hasn't had a career alltogether for the past 10 years ... No international Beatle-esque scenes for Janetta ever. And her cultural and social contribution to the world is less than zero.

Anyway Super M.A.D.O.N.N.A Bowl on the way :confessions:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/post/at-super-bowl-xlvi-all-eyes-on-madonna/2012/02/05/gIQABWtXrQ_blog.html?tid=pm_politics_pop

At Super Bowl XLVI, all eyes on Madonna

By Suzi Parker

At her Boy Toy 1980s zenith, Madonna would have hardly been Super Bowl material. She was too edgy, too rebellious, too naughty. And back then, Madonna wouldn't have wanted to perform at one of the most conventional events in America. It would have cramped her

Madonna at a news conference about NFL football's Super Bowl XLVI's halftime show. (Matt Slocum - AP) style.

But that was then.

At tonight’s Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis, she’ll will perform for an estimated 117 million viewers. Has Madonna Louise Ciccone, free spirit and ex-pat, ended up being as all-American as Tom Brady?

Her performance, naturally, isn’t without controversy.

Madge’s critics have already said she is a ghastly match for the likes of the Super Bowl. They say she is a faded star at age 53. They gripe that her faux British accent is annoying. But she’s ignoring the naysayers. Instead, Madonna says that performing at the Super Bowl is “a Midwesterner Girl’s dream.”

In the video age, the Material Girl defied conformity, preferring to push buttons that made parents and the Moral Majority cringe but teenagers squeal. And she did it so well, wearing crucifixes, burning crosses and angering the Pope so much that he banned her from performing in Italy.

Madonna has sold more than 300 million records worldwide. Guinness World Records identifies her as the world’s top selling female recording artist of all time. She is a diva, and proud of it.

Her detractors claim the only reason she is performing is to generate a larger share of women viewers for the Super Bowl. But what w

Madonna a the "W.E." premiere during the 55th BFI London Film Festival in London last October. (Gareth Cattermole - GETTY IMAGES FOR THE BFI) ould be wrong with that?

Yes, women of a certain age like Madonna. We remember dressing in black lace gloves, rubber O-ring bracelets and leggings, trying to master the moves from the “Lucky Star” music video. For many Generation X women, Madonna opened the door to sexuality – exposing us to topics that even “Cosmopolitan” didn’t address. Remember her 1992 book “Sex” wrapped in silver cellophane? Women weren’t the only ones sneaking peeks of that, rest assured, and they won’t be the only ones watching the halftime show.

On the age front, critics should tread carefully or risk looking sexist. When Paul McCartney performed in 2005 and Mick Jagger in 2006, both men were closing in on 63. Few said anything about those legendary performers’ age, but instead heralded their music legacies. In 2009, Bruce Springsteen gave such a joyful performance he seemed — though this is usually said only of women — ageless.

Madonna’s new video, “Give Me All Your Luvin,'” features Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., who will also perform at the halftime show, cheering Madonna as she strolls down a sidewalk with a baby carriage. Then generic football players carry her around like a goddess.

Having grown no more shy with age, she struts around in hot pants, fishnets and a leather jacket looking more like a thirty-something than someone eligible for her AARP card. The video also pays tribute to the ‘80s, with Madonna wearing a cross, flashing her bra and donning platinum hair from the Blond Ambition era.

Madonna could never have been a one-hit wonder because she cultivated a career of re-invention and a succession of new personas in the then-new world of music video.

In 1992, she founded the entertainment company Maverick as a joint venture with Time Warner. Five years ago, she signed a $120 million contract with Live Nation, unprecedented at the time.

Madonna also made movies – some good, some terrible – and documentaries such as “Truth or Dare.” She won a Golden Globe for her role as Eva Peron in “Evita” in 1996. She has also been a fashion designer, a children’s book author, film director and producer, and the mother of four children – two biological and two adopted.

She has a new movie, “W.E,” about Wallis Simpson that she co-wrote and directed. (It hasn’t received glowing reviews, but negativity never stops Madonna.) She has also hinted that she could launch a world tour this year. Bottom line: She needs to do some promotion and make another come-back.

The best way to do that? Perform in front of half the country and have everyone humming “Vogue” at the office on Monday morning.

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith talks about Madonna...

"American Idol" judge and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler thinks Madonna's got it covered when it comes to Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show.

"If I were Madonna, I think she would be rehearsing for the last month about it, 'cause she's smart," Steven told Access Hollywood on Thursday night as he promoted "CMT Crossroads: Steven Tyler & Carrie Underwood Live from the Pepsi Super Bowl Fan Jam," which airs Saturday evening.

"I love that woman," he continued of Madonna. "She really gets the big picture."

Steven is a Super Bowl halftime show veteran, having previously performedin 2001 with Aerosmith at the big game, and he expects things to go better for the "Give Me All Your Luvin'" singer, than they did for his band.

http://news.yahoo.com/steven-tyler-madonnas-super-bowl-halftime-show-024950853.html

:thumbsup:

Hello I live on continental Europe and hope to catch the show on BBC1. I hope the bbc show the halftime show as well?? Would it be around 2AM central European time ? Thanks for conforting me in advance ;)

Yes, around 02.00!

I'm watching from Belgium, if the bloody BBC don't air half time I'm gonna have an heart attack.

Little Monsters Pray at Midnight for Madonna Super Bowl Disaster

At midnight, please join Little Monsters all across the world to pray for a Madonna Super Bowl disaster. We aren't praying for death or anything like that, but for things like the following:

• Madonna twists her ankle on stage
  • Madonna gets booed off stage
  • Madonna has a stroke on stage (but doesn't die)
  • The stage falls on Madonna
  • She leaks on stage (like all senior citizens do)
  • She has a wardrobe malfuncion
  • She cries

Paws up!

:rotfl:

Sometimes when I read these things I wonder if they really do come from her fans or if it's made up because no one could be so stupid. Even a Caca fan.

Yes, around 02.00!

I'm watching from Belgium, if the bloody BBC don't air half time I'm gonna have an heart attack.

Seriously I'm worried!!!! Are BBC gonna air the half time show????????

Seriously I'm worried!!!! Are BBC gonna air the half time show????????

Why wouldn't they, It's Madonna and it's part of the show.

BBC in non-commercial so they not gonna stop for a commercial or something.

If they not air it we'll still have the livestream

Why wouldn't they, It's Madonna and it's part of the show.

BBC in non-commercial so they not gonna stop for a commercial or something.

If they not air it we'll still have the livestream

Phew! Thank you :) I'm so freaking nervous!!!! All the best for the Queen!! :)