Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

Guest groovyguy

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1678459/pussycat-dolls-madonna-super-bowl.jhtml

Could Madonna Win The Super Bowl?

Pussycat Dolls tell MTV News she's the team they're rooting for on Sunday.

By Jocelyn Vena

With so many people wondering if the New York Giants or the New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl on Sunday, there's one team that could perhaps upset the whole game. That team? Well, it's Team Madonna — and it's a fierce, road-tested force that has proven it can stand the test of time.

When the Pussycat Dolls stopped by the MTV News offices recently to chat about their Go Daddy ad airing during the big game, they noted that the only team they want to see win is Team Pop led by MVP Madonna, who will certainly dazzle everyone when she takes the stage during the halftime show.

"I definitely say Madonna," PCD creator Robin Antin said, with new Doll and U.K. native Lauren Bennett adding, "Madonna all the way! I can't understand football. It just looks like they're running into each other! Sorry guys, but it is a guy's thing, I think, and leave it to them. That's their time. I'm like, 'Enjoy it.' "

While that spirit may seem stoutly un-American, Antin joked, "She's a Brit! We'll be watching for the commercial ... and Madonna. It's exciting. Well, hopefully the Pussycat Dolls will be on the next Super Bowl performing, you know?"

Does Bennett think that it could happen one day? "[You have] high hopes," she said with a chuckle.

Well, until the PCD get upgraded to halftime-performer status, they should take notes from Madge, who may be taking the stage with any number of folks, including her "Give Me All Your Luvin' " pals, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., as well as Cee Lo Green and LMFAO.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/madonna-creates-a-buzz-during-her-news-conference/a4a119d02260661e5c4736422ff732d1

Madonna creates a buzz during her news conference

Feb. 2, 2012, 6:44 p.m. EST

McClatchy/Tribune - MCT Information Services

INDIANAPOLIS _ What happens when you put Madonna in a room filled with (mostly) sports media members? She gets asked about Alex Rodriguez, of course.

Appearing at a news conference here to discuss her Super Bowl XLVI halftime show, Madonna entertained a wide range of bizarre inquires, including a request for a post-press-conference kiss from Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. (She declined.)

But in this 15-minute session it was the question about the Yankees' third baseman _ – remember, they were once reportedly an item a few years ago _ that served as the biggest shocker.

Not long after Madonna called her halftime show gig "a Midwest girl's dream," a reporter from a Boston radio station asked her to confirm a US Weekly story from a while back that said A-Rod has a painting of himself as a centaur _ half-man, half-horse _ in his bedroom.

"Wow," Madonna said. "If he does, I haven't seen it. But I'm pretty sure he has a very large photograph of me, um, lying on a horse, so I hope this answers your question." Then she laughed.

This exchange, mind you, took place live on the NFL Network. And in a way it only figures that the next question inquired about her wardrobe plans, you know, whether it will stay on her body unlike Janet Jackson's infamous "wardrobe malfunction" from a few years ago.

"I can guarantee there won't be anything like that," Madonna said. "Promise."

There have been daily reminders here that the Super Bowl is so much more than just a football game, moments that reinforce that this week-long combination of sports, pop culture, parties and money lead to the chance for the unpredictable to occur at any moment.

Which may be why Madonna's news conference on Thursday afternoon in a first-floor ballroom of the J.W. Marriott here easily brought the biggest crowd of any event so far this week. But come Sunday, Madonna insisted she won't push the envelope while the teams are in the locker rooms at halftime.

Yes, she said she's planning some surprises during her four-song performance, but nothing too risque. Instead, she promised a performance "that's going to entertain all age groups."

As for the football, she's not that big a fan. But everyone else has been weighing in on whether Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski's high ankle sprain will allow him to play come Sunday, so why not hear what Madonna thinks, right?

"A lot of people would say that I'm a bit of a masochist," she said. "I would just tape my ankle and say prayers, take an anti-inflammatory and get my butt out there. I hope he does."

She said she's been dealing with a hamstring injury, too, but she's definitely a go for Sunday. Heck, when someone from ESPN Deportes asked her about Victor Cruz using salsa moves to celebrate touchdowns, Madonna said Cruz has "inspired" her to practice salsa, as well. And then she stepped out from behind the podium and showed off her salsa dancing. Just because. When Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told Cruz about it, he tweeted that Cruz "smiled, stepped back and said, 'Get out of here!"'

Only at the Super Bowl.

did she fart or what? :lmao: look at people faces. :lmao:

Those gentlemen are probably security, and they're talking into little devices to stay in communication with other members of the security detail.

Guest groovyguy

Fitzy @FitzyGFY

Saw Madonna said she'd date Eli Manning before Tom Brady. BEST THING MADONNA COULD HAVE SAID. Thanks, Madge. #GoPats

Eli-Manning_-Photos.jpeg

Eli Manning

Madonna orders workers 50 pizzas from Papa John's, unveils new video for 'Give Me All Your Luvin'

2/3/2012

Gina DiFalco

Madonna has been hard at work ahead of her Super Bowl performance this weekend, but she is now rewarding those who helped her along the way.

The “Material Girl” is showing appreciation for the workers who have helped put together the highly-anticipated half time show by ordering them pizza – and lots of it!

Madonna reportedly ordered 50 pizzas from a local Indianapolis Papa John’s to be delivered to the workers, TMZ reports.

The tab came out to be $467, which she took care of. She was also said to have left a “very decent” tip when an assistant picked them up from the pizza chain.

The W.E. director didn’t choose just one type of pizza to send, she reportedly ordered a mixture of pepperoni, veggie, and cheese pizzas.

Meanwhile, taking advantage of the vast media exposure she’s getting right now for being the headliner at this year’s halftime show, Madonna has unveiled her video for her new single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” on Friday, USA Today reports.

On Friday, the singer debuted the song on On Air with Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM and the video on her YouTube Channel.

nydn.CoverContent?newsletter=true&ctype=back&cdate=20120203&dt=landscape_315_450front020312.jpg

Madonna made the full cover of the NYPOST

NY Daily News too

Seems like she is as big(ger) as Superbowl now.