Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm sure u mean "there won't be mechanical glitches". Or you shall get a spanking.

oh you know i will never ever wish for anything bad to happen on any MADONNA show... HG knows that very well, he's just being himself... :demonic:

oh gawd i hope i didn't jinx it... i might get arrested... :chuckle:

Fuck! The stage looks AMAZING! But kinda reminds me of the Emperor's shuttle in Return of the Jedi if it is indeed folded up.

so now we have a bit of a sneak peek of what the tour stage will look like. the stage will probably open up like a box and she'll be inside...like the whole show takes place inside a molecule that will close up at the end! hehe

Wouldn't it be amazing (in a bitchy way, of course) if she performed Express Yourself and somewhere towards the end she includes lyrics to Born This Way? :lol:

No.

so now we have a bit of a sneak peek of what the tour stage will look like. the stage will probably open up like a box and she'll be inside...like the whole show takes place inside a molecule that will close up at the end! hehe

OMG :dramatic::clap:

Wow, so it's really at the weekend? OMG! Didn't realise it was so soon. :dramatic:

Are people in the UK and Europe really going to stay up that late to watch this? The game starts here at 6:30pm ET, so halftime probably will be around 8pm, or 1am in London and 2am-3am in the rest of Europe.

Oh 1am isn't that bad actually. Yeah why not - if I can get it on live TV, that is. I can't be fucked playing with streams. I was happy to stay up for stuff like the VMAs but this is a unique and important event for sure.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.multichannel.com/article/479892-NFL_Network_Kicks_Off_100_Hours_of_Super_Bowl_XLVI_Coverage.php

NFL Network's Super Bowl XLVI Schedule

Thursday, February 2

8:00 AM - NFL Total Access at the Super Bowl - LIVE coverage of New England Patriots & New York Giants team availability

11:00 AM - Super Bowl Live - LIVE from Super Bowl Media Center

• Madonna press conference

6:00 PM - Playbook

6:30 PM - The Coaches Show - LIVE

7:00 PM - NFL Total Access at the Super Bowl - LIVE from NFL Experience

8:00 PM - Super Bowl Commercials

9:00 PM - Game of the Week: New England Patriots at New York Giants - Week 17, 2007

10:00 PM - No Huddle

11:00 PM - NFL Total Access at the Super Bowl

12 MIDNIGHT - The Rich Eisen Podcast

12:30 AM - Sound FX: 2011 New England Patriots

1:00 AM - NFL's Top 10: Super Bowl Performances

2:00 AM - No Huddle

3:00 AM - Playbook

3:30 AM - Sound FX: Michael Strahan

Sunday, February 5

9:00 AM - NFL GameDay Morning - LIVE from Lucas Oil Stadium

5:30 PM - NFL Follies: The New Year Mis-Tackular

6:30 PM - NFL GameDay StatZone

10:00 PM - NFL GameDay Final - LIVE split edition from Lucas Oil Stadium and NFL Network Los Angeles studios

http://www.multichannel.com/article/479892-NFL_Network_Kicks_Off_100_Hours_of_Super_Bowl_XLVI_Coverage.php

Thursday, February 2

8:00 AM - NFL Total Access at the Super Bowl - LIVE coverage of New England Patriots & New York Giants team availability

First time I'll be tuning into the NFL channel :lol:

Wouldn't it be amazing (in a bitchy way, of course) if she performed Express Yourself and somewhere towards the end she includes lyrics to Born This Way? :lol:

Are you serious? It would be the worst thing ever, the backlash would be huge :manson:

That said, the stage look AMAZING!!!!! It will definitively be the greatest show!!!

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/31/10279672-undies-to-insults-madonnas-best-tv-moments

Undies to insults: Madonna's best TV moments

By Tony Sclafani, MSNBC

Madonna told Jay Leno about her Super Bowl performance plans.

“For sure, no nipples. I wasn’t gonna go there. I mean, I don’t like to repeat myself.”

So said Madonna Monday when she appeared on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” talking about her upcoming Super Bowl halftime show performance, slated to happen this Sunday, Feb. 5.

OK, fine -- so we know what she won’t do. The question is: what will she do?

So far, no one’s leaked any info, but clues have emerged. Madonna recently told MTV her plans include pom poms. She also announced the video for her new single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will premiere Feb. 3 (with a preview on “American Idol” the day before). The song includes guest appearances from Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., both of whom have said they will be with Madonna at the Super Bowl. Also, will.i.am recently said his Top 40-friendly protégés LMFAO will be there.

So expect no nipples, a new song, and lots o’ guests. But anyone expecting a G-rated variety program should take heed of what the Material Mom told another interviewer recently: “I’m not going to let [being a parent] completely censor me. I say to my kids all the time, I'm an artist, this is what I do, this is what I’ve always done. And they need to learn to separate it.”

A look back at Madonna’s high-profile TV appearances makes us believe she'll do something a little wild come Sunday. Here are some of her most memorable small-screen moments:

I see London, I see France ...

Madonna went from dance diva to household name after she performed “Like a Virgin” at the 1984 MTV Video Music Awards, where she rolled around on stage revealing stockings and a garter. Children of the ’80s, this was your Beatles-on-the-Ed Sullivan-Show moment, so to speak.

Madonna insults Arsenio

1990 saw a kinder gentler Madonna on “The Arsenio Hall Show.” Just kidding! While promoting her new film “Dick Tracy,” she insulted the host’s hair, talked about enjoying spankings and used a phrase for oral sex we can’t repeat here (but you can witness for yourself at 3:20).

Madonna upsets Letterman

The usually unflappable David Letterman got, er, flapped, when Madonna showed up, smoked a cigar and casually tossed off lots and lots of profane words. The 11:38 mark is probably the funniest instance of her potty mouth.

Madonna kisses Britney Spears

How do you top rattling Letterman? That’s easy! By kissing a female pop star with a huge teen following! The Madonna-Britney smooch at the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards, notorious as it was, failed to make a pop chart hit out of the Madonna song the singers were performing that night. Now there’s some trivia for you: does anyone even remember what the song was? Or who the other singer Madonna kissed was? (Answers in the video clip below.)

Can Madonna top these moments during the Super Bowl? Will you be watching? Tell us on Facebook.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/290501/20120131/madonna-super-bowl-halftime-show.htm

Madonna Super Bowl Halftime Show Preview: 5 Things to Know

By IBTimes Staff Reporter

January 31, 2012 12:24 PM EST

The Madonna edition of the Super Bowl halftime show is upon us.

Since the December announcement of the big show, the 53-year-old Material Girl has been quite the topic among lifelong Madonna fans and lifelong halftime show enthusiasts.

But is she ready for the millions of viewers that will descend upon her come Sunday, Feb. 5?

"It is, I must say, it's the most nerve-racking thing I've ever done," Madonna told Jay Leno on Monday night.

The Super Bowl isn't the only item on Madonna's mind these days. The singer is getting ready to release her much-anticipated 12th studio album, "MDNA," this spring.

"I think the majority of the record is more action-packed . . . high-energy," Madonna told MTV last week.

The first single, "Give Me All Your Luvin,'" is expected to be a part of the Super Bowl halftime show, according to a set list leaked to Madonna fan site "Madonnarama."

According to the leaked set list, Madge is also expected to perform "Ray of Light," "Vogue," "Music" and "Holiday."

As we count down the days until the Super Bowl, here are five things to know about Madonna's halftime show.

The guests.

Madonna will be joined by Nicki Mianj and M.I.A., who also appear on the studio recording of "Give Me All Your Luvin.'" On Friday, Minaj confirmed the news via Twitter, describing her Super Bowl rehearsals with Madonna as "Epic of course." Sri Lankan superstar M.I.A. confirmed her guest appearance to BBC Radio 1 on Monday.

"Yes, I'm going to the Super Bowl. I'm gonna be performing with Madonna and Nicki Minaj. If you're gonna go to the Super Bowl, you might as well go with America's biggest female icons," M.I.A. said on the Zane Lowe program.

LMFAO and Cee Lo Green have also been rumored to perform alongside Madonna on Sunday.

The halftime show will be nipple free.

Don't expect Madonna to channel her inner Janet Jackson during the big show.

"Well for sure no nipples," Madonna told Jay Leno on Monday night.

"I wasn't going to go there. I wasn't going to repeat myself. Or do what other people have done before me," she added.

As Entertainment Tonight points out, Madonna was of course, referring to her controversial 1984 MTV VMAs performance of "Like a Virgin." (Recall: Madonna arriving on stage in a white wedding gown; and the Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera tribute that would come years later).

Let's get physical.

Don't expect Madonna to just stand and sing (does she ever?).

As Madge confessed last week, she's been in intense Super Bowl rehearsals.

"Anybody that knows me knows that when I'm tired, I cry . . . if I cry, please, just don't hold it against me. I'm really not a sentimental kind of a person," a tearful Madonna told a New York theater crowd before the premiere of her film, "W.E."

"I'm really tired from working my a-- off for the Super Bowl," she also explained to People.

VOGUE. Lots of it.

According to leaked pictures of the halftime stage, Madonna will perform with a huge "VOGUE" -tastic stage, complete with bright lights.

Head over to TMZ for pictures of Lucas Oil Stadium in its Madonna best.

One. Two. "Luvin.'"

Madonna -- or her music producers and managers -- has great timing.

Before Super Bowl Sunday, Madonna will reward her patient fans (and "American Idol" viewers) with a sneak peak of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" on Thursday (really, just seconds of it), before unleashing the full video and song on her official YouTube channel on Friday at 9 a.m. EST.

Fans will have more than one full day to repeat the video and song in preparation for the big halftime show.

Speaking of timing, this week might as well be known as Madonna week. On Monday night, the singer released the official cover art for "MDNA" via Facebook, revealing a colorful montage with a touch of her "Vogue" days.

Super Bowl XLVI is on Sunday, Feb. 5.

"MDNA" arrives in stores in March.

EW also reports the setlist that leaked more than a month ago... and, it has it as "Gimme."

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/01/31/madonna-super-bowl-mdna-cover-leno/

Madonna talks Super Bowl with Leno, releases 'MDNA' cover art

by Ray Rahman

Move over, Patriots and Giants — Madonna’s making sure she’s the star of this Super Bowl week.

After revealing that a preview video for her new single “Gimme All Your Luvin,” featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., will premiere on American Idol Thursday, the halftime headliner visited Jay Leno to shore up more buzz for her big show.

“It’s the most nerve-racking thing I’ve ever done,” she told Leno. “The Super Bowl is like the Holy of Holies of America. I have to go on in the middle of that Holy of Holies and put on the greatest show that was ever put on before.”

As for what the Greatest Show That Was Ever Put On will include? “Well, for sure no nipples,” she assured. ”I mean, I don’t like to repeat myself.”

Get more EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

She’s of course referring to her infamous performance at the 1984 MTV VMAs, during which, in her words, “the dress went up, and the underpants were showing.”

But while it looks like we won’t be getting any wardrobe malfunctions this year, we do have an idea what we will be getting from Madge, thanks to her previously leaked Super Sunday set list:

“Give Me All Your Love” (with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., most likely)

“Ray of Light”

“Vogue”

“Music”

“Holiday”

Plus, the TMZ people have somehow acquired 22 pictures of the halftime show stage setup, and it kind of looks like a life-size level of Guitar Hero. Also, in one shot the word “vogue” is prominently featured on the set, so that’s exciting?

But that’s not all. The pop legend has also gone ahead and unveiled the cover art for her upcoming album (out March 26):

Thursday, February 2

Which time zone is that? Does someone know when it will air in the UK?

Edited by Nonoka

Guest astonishing!

From Twitter:

ladygaga Lady Gaga

Looking forward to seeing the Superbowl! The halftime show will be wonderful I'm sure. An excuse to drink beer+watch boys in tights. #yes

From Twitter:

ladygaga Lady Gaga

Looking forward to seeing the Superbowl! The halftime show will be wonderful I'm sure. An excuse to drink beer+watch boys in tights. #yes

Oh Stefani, we know that you're fucking scared of THE QUEEN! :wow:

Wow, so it's really at the weekend? OMG! Didn't realise it was so soon. :dramatic:

Oh 1am isn't that bad actually. Yeah why not - if I can get it on live TV, that is. I can't be fucked playing with streams. I was happy to stay up for stuff like the VMAs but this is a unique and important event for sure.

1am hmmm I must get some college guys round to watch game and fuck that arse before chilling to MDNA

Are you serious? It would be the worst thing ever, the backlash would be huge :manson:

That said, the stage look AMAZING!!!!! It will definitively be the greatest show!!!

It was a JOKE. That's why I don't post here anymore.

Guest Fukujima

from Britney :

@britneyspears And I'll obviously be tuning in to watch Madonna and @NickiMinaj tear it up during halftime. Super excited.....

:sassy:

In the meanwhile GO' is thanking every single person alive on Tweeter

Edited by Fukujima

Guest groovyguy

Guy Oseary @guyoseary

Nice words from @britneyspears too!!! thank Y-O-U .. #goodvibes #MDNA

10m Guy Oseary Guy Oseary @guyoseary

2 days... #MDNA pic.twitter.com/ITX7Qkvk

View photo

53m Guy Oseary Guy Oseary @guyoseary

Nice words from @cher as well!! thank you! #goodvibes

58m Guy Oseary Guy Oseary @guyoseary

Nice words from Celine Dion about Madonna and the upcoming superbowl performance.. Also nice mention from @ladygaga today #goodvibes

1h Guy Oseary Guy Oseary @guyoseary

@whoneedsit thank you

In reply to Kris. S.

@WILLIAM__GRAY great photo .. obrigado..

In reply to WILLIAM GRAY

@Ayslanna_MDNA thank Y-O-U

In reply to ♔Madgesty♔

@mais080 @ayhamonline looks good.. thanks for sharing

In reply to Mais

@cristianpalacio patience.......

In reply to cristian palacios

@MDNA2012 everything will be #MDNA era

In reply to ||M|| 2012 ||M||

@mattsorum thanks matt.. hope your good my friend..

In reply to matt sorum

@guifaz this is not true..

In reply to Guilherme Faria

@Reverson22 @iTunesMusic its worldwide

In reply to Richard Everson

@InFallibleSun i will definitely take photos!..

In reply to Alexander Carvalho

@andressat yes, that is the album cover

In reply to Andressa Teixeira

off to Indianapolis in a few hours... #MDNA