"If this is a career slump then may it last forever"

acko

The media hated her during this era, but the fans loved it. I loved the Erotica era. The tour, the pics, the music... everything about that era was amazing.

The media hated her during this era, but the fans loved it. I loved the Erotica era. The tour, the pics, the music... everything about that era was amazing.

I think it was the worst era of her career.. and she dont seem too proud of it either :thumbsdown:

but thanks for bring that video to my attention.. the crowd just loved her that nite

There's nothing to hate about that era. The fans that hate it likely don't like it because of the negative backlash M received around that time. In my eyes, it was M at her best. Pushing buttons, being provocative, great music, great tour, great visuals... I see nothing to complain about.

The "Erotica" era is an integral part of her career. The immediate response may not have been favorable (understatement) but in the long run I think most people look back and admire/respect her for the risks and decisions she made during that time.

The "Erotica" era is an integral part of her career. The immediate response may not have been favorable (understatement) but in the long run I think most people look back and admire/respect her for the risks and decisions she made during that time.

Agreed.

It is also and integral part of Kylie's, Britney's, Gwen's, X-tina's, Janet's, etc, etc.. careers as well.

Madonna freed the "pop Diva" from the chains of being a sex object to actually having a sexual identity.

I could go on and on and on about how this era helped me personally, but I won't ;-)

it is, by the way, my favorite of all her career slumps.

I think it was the worst era of her career.. and she dont seem too proud of it either :thumbsdown:

but thanks for bring that video to my attention.. the crowd just loved her that nite

She has no regrets...especially about the SEX book, Body of Evidence, the Erotica album and The Girlie Show tour. Madonna has never been as daring all around as she was here. God I wish Mirwais was back for MDNA! I started listening to Music again to place me in the proper mind set for this project.

I certainly would never begrudge anyone their opinion but, how any Madonna fan call the Erotica/Sex/Girlie era her worst is mystifying to me. :blink:

Mmm surely indeed.

Edited by LUV

LIB is one of my favourites, although many of my non-Madonna fans think it's shit & kitschy in Barry Manilow way.

CT was absolutely horrendous, I think it's the one performance in ROme that the crowd actually hated :chuckle:

SS, I didn't mind & it looked actually really good in person.

But of Course LIB on the GS is LIFE, the way she moves & controls every muscle in her body, the arrangement, the arms :dramatic:

I want a straight-up no-nonsense LP VERSION of "La Isla Bonita" on the 2012 tour please. :inlove:

An LP version? In a Madonna tour? :lmao::rotfl: You've got more chance of seeing her do a medley of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and "Candle in the Wind"!

I have to agree though, on the surface that Balaeric Gypsy Kings version at CT (and I had to think for a while there cause I thought these abreviations were songs! :wacko:) should work, but it was putrid. :ugh:

An LP version? In a Madonna tour? :lmao::rotfl: You've got more chance of seeing her do a medley of "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and "Candle in the Wind"!

I have to agree though, on the surface that Balaeric Gypsy Kings version at CT (and I had to think for a while there cause I thought these abreviations were songs! :wacko: ) should work, but it was putrid. :ugh:

She should have performed EVERYBODY in place of LIB on CT.

She should have performed EVERYBODY in place of LIB on CT.

Defo. Though the proles who don't know the lyrics to Dress You Up wouldn't like that. :dramatic:

I just don't get the mind boggling overexposure of LIB, compared to that she never touches what are considered her best songs LAP and Vogue. Holiday is uplifting and anthemic, I get that.. and I know LIB was one of her biggest worldwide hits and has a similar universal sentiment but it's still huh? One thing she shouldn't do in these rearranged versions is fuck with the tempo, at least.. nobody wants a cheesy Ethel Merman goes disco version of LIB.

Defo. Though the proles who don't know the lyrics to Dress You Up wouldn't like that. :dramatic:

I just don't get the mind boggling overexposure of LIB, compared to that she never touches what are considered her best songs LAP and Vogue. Holiday is uplifting and anthemic, I get that.. and I know LIB was one of her biggest worldwide hits and has a similar universal sentiment but it's still huh? One thing she shouldn't do in these rearranged versions is fuck with the tempo, at least.. nobody wants a cheesy Ethel Merman goes disco version of LIB.

It's all about adding some Latin flavor to her shows. You know that's important to her. LIB is one of her recognizable hits that she can use for such a section. I think she did an awesome job with the song on S&S tour. On Confessions, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my favorite.

For the next tour she should hire those kind of dancers again. You know, more mature ones. I'm a little bit tired of the "kids" she's hanging around since Re-Invention.

I agree. Please no more of the breakdancing twinks like Cloud and Hypnosis that Jamie King brought along.

It's all about adding some Latin flavor to her shows. You know that's important to her. LIB is one of her recognizable hits that she can use for such a section. I think she did an awesome job with the song on S&S tour. On Confessions, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my favorite.

I actually loved it on Confessions with in an ironic cruise ship way. That Gypsy Kings version on S&S was absolutely hideous.

I don't think Everybody and Lucky Star would work back to back. I like Confessions the way it is.

FANTASTIC videos! The Girlie Show is definitely the best show ever made! Her humor, her singing, her dance, the dancers, outfits, everything is above anything else she has ever done or any other artist. She is fucking amazing! :clap:

Guest bluejean

Love The Girlie Show.

Love this version of La Isla too. As well as the Drowned World version. It's definitely been overdone on tour, would love to see it rest for awhile. Like A Prayer is the most seriously underperformed classic along with Vogue and both are a must on the next tour.

Love The Girlie Show.

Love this version of La Isla too. As well as the Drowned World version. It's definitely been overdone on tour, would love to see it rest for awhile. Like A Prayer is the most seriously underperformed classic along with Vogue and both are a must on the next tour.

I remember when I saw the Confessions Tour in Phoenix, I couldn't wait to hear her do "Vogue". To say I was shocked that she didn't perform it would be an understatement. I just assumed with the whole Dance/Disco theme of the tour she would perform it. I knew she had done it on Reinvention but, come on, "Vogue" would have been PERFECT for Confessions Tour. Just saying'.

• 3 years later...

This era remains essential and my favourite ever. She was the mega mega star who bucked the trend got shit and didn't compromise on it.

Plus clearly Erotica is the best album ever and a 15/16 year old Dr L was obsessed

Still am