W.E. Your Rating?

This scene is extremely well directed. The score, cinamphotography, editing, set design, and acting are top notch. Amazing scene from a mixed reviewed film.

I actually found this one of the worst scenes in the film, it felt wildly overwrought and melodramatic. This scene, and the scene with the sex pistols, were a little painful and forced.

But on the whole, it's a really beautiful film that I have watched quite a few times since the first time I saw it in the cinema. I love the storytelling, the way the narrative moves, the performances, music, cinematography and the script. The Wally story really works, and I only wish it had been a little more heavily weighted towards her. As it stands with the equal rating it feels a little like two films. There's obviously a lot of Madonna in Wally (for all of the press' "of course Madonna relates to the hated American Wallis Simpson), and her story was really compelling.

I'd love to see the original cut that was slated at festivals.

I really enjoyed the film but found the score really annoying. It just seemed overly loud in places and unnecessary but that's not to say that it wasn't brilliant because it was.

At the end of the day it was Madonnas first real film so it was never going to be perfect. Bearing that in mind, it's excellent for a first attempt.