W.E. Your Rating?

Out of ten...I'd say a 7 if I want to be critical.

On 8 just because if you're not critical and just watch it, it's enjoyable throughout. Easy on the eyes, simple love stories to follow.

I saw it thru the power of the internet and found it completely boring. It would have been better if she would have ditched the Wally Winthrop storyline and focused solely on King Edward VIII and Wally Sampson. The Wally Winthrop parts of dull and add nothing to the film. In the King's Speech, King Edward VIII and Wally Sampson had a tiny part in the film....it would have been great to see a movie devoted solely to them and their struggles. I also hate, hate, hate flashbacks in movie, especially when it's two storylines flipping back and forth. The movie is beautiful shot but the characters are dangerously dull. Could she had made Wally Sampson any duller? Madonna really needs to stop making movies but her ego has her convinced she is good, both as an actress and director. No, she is not. 3 out of 10.

And yes, sadly, I will be blasted by the fanatics who will tell me to stop being negative and "enjoy" what she's made. I won't. If this movie had been made by anyone they'd get the same reaction from me.

It's also being thoroughly trashed by critics...29% on rotten tomatoes. At least M will get another razzie out of it.

I was meant 2 c it 2day! :shy: I was gonna go c J Edgar first instead, I'm gonna try go on Monday. :wow: So stay tuned for the DEFINITIVE loomer review :horn::queenbitch: i.e. just 2 words to say how much I liked it. :demonic:

loomer: I saw W.E. today. It felt...REDUCTIVE

1z70605.jpg

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The reviews so far have been a bit poor. They all say it looks decent but is poorly written and souless. I'll check it out once it hits online.

I saw it thru the power of the internet and found it completely boring. It would have been better if she would have ditched the Wally Winthrop storyline and focused solely on King Edward VIII and Wally Sampson. The Wally Winthrop parts of dull and add nothing to the film. In the King's Speech, King Edward VIII and Wally Sampson had a tiny part in the film....it would have been great to see a movie devoted solely to them and their struggles. I also hate, hate, hate flashbacks in movie, especially when it's two storylines flipping back and forth. The movie is beautiful shot but the characters are dangerously dull. Could she had made Wally Sampson any duller? Madonna really needs to stop making movies but her ego has her convinced she is good, both as an actress and director. No, she is not. 3 out of 10.

And yes, sadly, I will be blasted by the fanatics who will tell me to stop being negative and "enjoy" what she's made. I won't. If this movie had been made by anyone they'd get the same reaction from me.

It's also being thoroughly trashed by critics...29% on rotten tomatoes. At least M will get another razzie out of it.

Apparently it's online...I'd like to know where?!!!

Ok well is it a torrent or is it up for streaming? Cause I've looked endlessly since you said it and find nothing. You're not going to be arrested for having it if you don't have it. You just saw it and that's it.

Ok well is it a torrent or is it up for streaming? Cause I've looked endlessly since you said it and find nothing. You're not going to be arrested for having it if you don't have it. You just saw it and that's it.

he's just lying.The movie's nowhere to be found

Maybe there's a secret screener going around.

The only reason I even suspected it was because the Golden Globes have just passed and The Artist just leaked (screener), so I thought it was possible or at least will be pretty soon considering its already showing in cinemas in Europe/London.

I'm gonna see it in final to see if my 7 changes.

The reception might kick her ass to not be so style > substance and use pathos next time around.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

No, he's just full of shit.

Yep.

The MAJOR sites that leak ALL screeners/dvd/blu-ray rips and cam recordings DO NOT have W.E.

Just came back, and I really, really liked it. It's much more of an 'art house' film than a Hollywood picture. It has "MADONNA" written all over it; from the script to the music to the costumes to the styling. I saw it with my "friend" and he also quite liked it, and he's not a Madonna fan at all.

My rating: 7.5/10.

Just came back, and I really, really liked it. It's much more of an 'art house' film than a Hollywood picture. It has "MADONNA" written all over it; from the script to the music to the costumes to the styling. I saw it with my "friend" and he also quite liked it, and he's not a Madonna fan at all.

THANK GOD.

This thread can b closed now, the verdict is in. :fag:

:clap:

Just saw it with my sister and a cousin at starcity, Birmingham this evening :)Apart from just the three of us in the room, there was only one other person watching the film in the entire place :(

I have to say it turned out great, so much better than what i had expected! I thought the modern day parts worked particularly well and i was really impressed with Abbie Cornish! I loved the sex pistol dance thing too, Andrea totally worked it! basically all the bits everyone moaned about, i kinda loved! Cute how Wally spent 11k of her mans money on W.E stuff at the auction hahaha and what about Wallis recreating her funky dancing for Edward on his death bed!

Masterpiece sounded wonderful at the end, really loved it, well done M x

7.5/10