Is MDNA shaping as the new ROL?

elijah

ROL overrated album--awesome era without a tour--no Drowned World Tour doesn't count.

My favorite Madonna albums are Erotica and American Life (interchangable depending on my mood) with Hard Candy coming in 3rd.

MDNA should be a step up from HC--should be!

At this moment in time, I'd actually settle for another Confessions or Music. ROL was a landmark album for M, one that would be hard to repeat I think. I'm not counting her out, I just think that if I lower my expectations just a little (and they are extremely high!), I won't be disappointed if it's not mega!

I like Hard Candy, in a way that I have a certain amount of affection for the majority of M's work but after the headrush that was Confessions, I couldn't help being just a little deflated with HC once the initital 'new album' excitement had died down. I just hope I don't feel the same about MDNA. So far I adore Masterpiece and I like GAYL (hopefully that will turn to love once we get to hear the final version) so the early signs are promising.

GAYL and masterpiece are not samples of another songs from album. masterpiece sounds more like it is from HC and i guess super bowl deserve its own song and it is GAYL..other songs will be club hits! i m sure. she said she dance dance dance so i m trying to imagine ROL and CODF mixed

It's sounds more like it's shaping up to be the next High School Musical album than ROL.

+1

so far i'm not a fan of solveig's work (gayl demo + birthday song snippet + most of his own music)

hopefully the orbit tracks won't disappoint

+1

so far i'm not a fan of solveig's work (gayl demo + birthday song snippet + most of his own music)

hopefully the orbit tracks won't disappoint

Obrit isn't handling the bulk of the material.

Similarities between ROL and MDNA:

Before releasing both albums she wins Golden Globe for movie projects

Both lps are released 4 years after the previous album

Footages from the recording sessions of both albums are released and the public can see the creative process

The previous albums are influence by r'n'b and see her following a trend rather than creating it

The previous albums are not failures, but are not regarded as among her best albums

She looks happy around the time of the realease of both albums

Both lps are co-produced with Orbit

The people obviously want to hear the new albums (she appears in the most anticipated lps lists)

Both albums are released around the same time

The first single of both albums is a big surprise for the fans and the sound is unexpected

The first singles are performed at San Remo (eventually it would be the case for MDNA)

Both albums can be described as combination of light and dark

Do we have more similarities?

I think you may be right.