It is so nice to see M finally happy..

Guest rocketman

I agree . I thought she looked so strained during the Hard Candy era.

yeah she's been going through a lot during the HARD CANDY release... and all those fresh cheek jokes back then might haven gotten into her back then... :nocomment:

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

ah, i agree SOOOOO MUCH.

it's already made me love this era, even without hearing much. it's just nice to see her having FUN again and she really seems to be in a good place right now. and like someone else has already said, the VIBES she is giving right now are just :dramatic:

i think it's so exciting for me because i'm 23, and didn't really get into madonna until around the time 'beautiful stranger' came out. i was like, 10 at the time and all about britney and the spice girls and only had a vague idea who madonna was. i knew she was huge but didn't really know why. anyway, not long after i bought the music album, i purchased GHV2 and TIC, and my love just grew from there. i think, surprisingly, it was AL that really cemented my love for her, but as much as i loved that album, music, and ROL, i always felt kind of...i dunno, jealous?...of the people who had LIVED through her 80's/early 90's eras, as she seemed like so much fun. granted, i still thought she was fun in the 00's, but i still wished i had been able to see that. so seeing her now...all beaming, and clearly into everything she is doing, and her sorta 'dont give a fuck' vibe going on again, is really awesome to me. the whole 'serious, up my own cunt, save the world' thing was cool for a while, but i'm really glad she seems to be lightening up a bit. i really can't wait for this whole thing to REALLY get going. :wow:

(and before some rabid loon attacks, no, i DON'T think this is TOTALLY comparable to the 80's/early 90's...but she does seem much more carefree now than she has in years. and the 'up my own cunt' thing wasn't a jab to those who like their madonna all serious. i clearly said i enjoyed it. 'american life' is what turned me into a certified LOON for christs sake, so sit.)

Edited by Fuck

She's beginning the year with a Golden Globe award,a SuperBowl performance,a new movie that she directed and a new album to be followed soon by a world tour.

She really is the hardest-working person you could ever find. She could relax and enjoy her billion fortune for a while ... yet she's still running. 53 years old. She is truly wonderful. :)

I love how the whole year has long been planned out, she doesn't even have to wait and see if the album does well.

so true :wow:

It seems so far away 1987 when Jane Pauley remarked while interviewing her: "Yes but you can only continue if your records sell and people will buy your tickets and somebody calls you for a film ... bla blah, what will you do or what do you do when the phone won't ring?"

Madonna "I don't sit waiting for the phone to ring, there's always something for me to do"

I know everyones happy about the good buzz she's having, we all want that for her, but i'm sure she's been happy for a good few years now :lol:

:lol:

for 29 years to be exact

but she was happy even before that, she could feel what life had in store for her, when you think positively positive things start gravitating towards you

madonna-79-1.jpg

I love that she's happy too, it's nice to see. Her face at the Golden Globes...not so much! I'm all for a little cosmetic assitance but did anybody else think that from certain angles on Sunday she looked like she'd had an allergic reaction to a Bee sting??

I love that she's happy too, it's nice to see. Her face at the Golden Globes...not so much! I'm all for a little cosmetic assitance but did anybody else think that from certain angles on Sunday she looked like she'd had an allergic reaction to a Bee sting??

NO. The face she had at the Globes is the best face she's had in a long time. Much better than all the W.E. events faces so far . . . the only thing a bit off were the arms, if anything

And it's odd because barely 4 days before they looked just perfect

madonna-w.e-2012--500x360.jpg

Of course, she's happy. She seems quite proud as well. I feel a bit of excitement from her as well. I think she believes this is going to be a big year for her. I hope it is. Though, I do think someone who thinks she's not happy right now is probably not the one who is truly happy or comfortable with themselves. I do agree that she's older and maturer and comfortable with herself more.

Of course, she's happy. She seems quite proud as well. I feel a bit of excitement from her as well. I think she believes this is going to be a big year for her. I hope it is. Though, I do think someone who thinks she's not happy right now is probably not the one who is truly happy or comfortable with themselves. I do agree that she's older and maturer and comfortable with herself more.

What the Fuck? :lmao: I'm not happy with myself. If I were I would have no desire to change. I don't have any plans of staying static, so there you go. At the same time I don't think Madonna does either. She welcomed the thought of meeting the love of her life. She STILL talks about the death of her mother 48 years ago. Just because Madonna is smiling and laughing doesn't mean she is happy. I would say that those who think people are that simple need to get some life experience.

NO. The face she had at the Globes is the best face she's had in a long time. Much better than all the W.E. events faces so far . . . the only thing a bit off were the arms, if anything

And it's odd because barely 4 days before they looked just perfect

madonna-w.e-2012--500x360.jpg

She looked great here.

Guest bluejean

She STILL talks about the death of her mother 48 years ago. Just because Madonna is smiling and laughing doesn't mean she is happy. I would say that those who think people are that simple need to get some life experience.

Did either your mother or father die when you were young? Mine did, and it's something you never truly get over even when you are happy.

People have times when they are happier and times when they're not. All we're saying is that this is clearly a time where Madonna is at her happiest. We're not saying she's resolved all her inner turmoil and reached enlightenment. I don't believe she is hiding anything. She is happier, calmer and nicer. Her reaction to the Elton thing speaks volumes, she genuinely didn't really care about it.

Did either your mother or father die when you were young? Mine did, and it's something you never truly get over even when you are happy.

People have times when they are happier and times when they're not. All we're saying is that this is clearly a time where Madonna is at her happiest. We're not saying she's resolved all her inner turmoil and reached enlightenment. I don't believe she is hiding anything. She is happier, calmer and nicer. Her reaction to the Elton thing speaks volumes, she genuinely didn't really care about it.

You don't think she is hiding anything? Wow. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not suggesting she is about to implode in a mass of unhappiness. She's very positive but positive and happy aren't the same thing.

Guest bluejean

She's very positive but positive and happy aren't the same thing.

No they aren't but they generally go hand in hand. Sure there are times when people are pretending to be positive on the outside when they are not feeling happy within. I don't see this as one of those times for Madonna.

You don't think she is hiding anything? Wow.

Perhaps but that doesn't mean she's unhappy. If you're in the public eye you don't want every emotion and every thought exposed especially when you want the focus to be on your work, not you. It's just about being aware of your own self projection and wanting to make the best impression. I don't believe your idea that people get better at hiding their unhappiness as they get older is accurate at all. That might be the case for some but generally people become happier as they get older as they have a better perspective on life and who they are.

ah, i agree SOOOOO MUCH.

it's already made me love this era, even without hearing much. it's just nice to see her having FUN again and she really seems to be in a good place right now. and like someone else has already said, the VIBES she is giving right now are just :dramatic:

i think it's so exciting for me because i'm 23, and didn't really get into madonna until around the time 'beautiful stranger' came out. i was like, 10 at the time and all about britney and the spice girls and only had a vague idea who madonna was. i knew she was huge but didn't really know why. anyway, not long after i bought the music album, i purchased GHV2 and TIC, and my love just grew from there. i think, surprisingly, it was AL that really cemented my love for her, but as much as i loved that album, music, and ROL, i always felt kind of...i dunno, jealous?...of the people who had LIVED through her 80's/early 90's eras, as she seemed like so much fun. granted, i still thought she was fun in the 00's, but i still wished i had been able to see that. so seeing her now...all beaming, and clearly into everything she is doing, and her sorta 'dont give a fuck' vibe going on again, is really awesome to me. the whole 'serious, up my own cunt, save the world' thing was cool for a while, but i'm really glad she seems to be lightening up a bit. i really can't wait for this whole thing to REALLY get going. :wow:

(and before some rabid loon attacks, no, i DON'T think this is TOTALLY comparable to the 80's/early 90's...but she does seem much more carefree now than she has in years. and the 'up my own cunt' thing wasn't a jab to those who like their madonna all serious. i clearly said i enjoyed it. 'american life' is what turned me into a certified LOON for christs sake, so sit.)

I like you. Welcome to MNation.

honest to god, i think she looks great. happy, and i don't really understand the arms thing? i think people f**k with photoshop sometimes to mess with her, but i don't believe it. she looks great. and always has. the gloves trip me out. but whatever. wear gloves baby if u want... no matter what anyone sez, i'm gonna enjoy this era! i'm gonna have fun right beside her just like i was intended too... *FAN SINCE 1989* (well, i stole my brothers 'true blue' tape a bit before that. he used to get so mad at me coz he couldn't find it...). it was all about 'jimmy jimmy'

NO. The face she had at the Globes is the best face she's had in a long time. Much better than all the W.E. events faces so far . . .

i couldn't agree with u more! her face looked so beautiful

and i think the hair helped a lot..her cheeks didn't appear as protruding as they did with other recent hair styles

so i wouldn't feel bad if she kept the golden globes look for her album

tumblrs.png

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

I like you. Welcome to MNation.

aw, thanks. :) i went through all the m forums before deciding which to join, and this one seems to have the most diverse and interesting fans, so it was really no contest. thanks for the welcome!

I think she was happy when she got the award. I don't know if she's happier now. We will have to wait until there's too much heat in a room and she needs a fan.

DEAD.

such a classic m moment.

that's another thing i've loved so far about this era/the last few months...she seems to have brought the claws out again, and i, for one, think thats awesome!

She is shinning. Just ready for an incredible year.

Well put! Everyone has their ups and downs even when they have a lot of great things happening to them. Reading into it, anymore than that is simply ridiculous. Besides, we don't know her personally. Everyone suppresses some sort of pain/unhappiness all their life. Some use that unhappiness all their life to seek sympathy and attention. I don't see Madonna as that sort of person. She keeps truckin' along!!

Guest bluejean

I think she was happy when she got the award. I don't know if she's happier now. We will have to wait until there's too much heat in a room and she needs a fan.

:lmao:

Fair point.

To be honest, one of the reasons I find Madonna so fascinating is that even after 30 years in the business, we still don't know what she is really like or how she really feels. She remains an enigma. We know certain traits that she is happy to present and we can all imagine what she's like behind closed doors but the simple truth is, we don't actually know and I like it that way. In today's world of overexposure, twitter madness, and 'reality' TV where we now know every time a famous person take a shit, it's even more impressive that Madonna still has a certain level of autonomy. Everybody knows her name, but few people actually KNOW her and I like that. To me that's more appealling.

i couldn't agree with u more! her face looked so beautiful

and i think the hair helped a lot..her cheeks didn't appear as protruding as they did with other recent hair styles

so i wouldn't feel bad if she kept the golden globes look for her album

tumblrs.png

I agree :thumbsup:

She looked so fresh and not unnatural in the least at GG

The 40's hairstyle for W.E. ages her and only serves to make the cheeks work more noticeable

Especially the Venice appearance