Birthday Song snippet!

unruhe

I hope it doesn't use the awful'It's so cool to be uncool' line! Such a dreadful lyric.

According to the second video posted, the It's So Cool lyric isn't used for the song, she's just using it in conversation. However, the Beat Goes On lyrics does seem to be used.

Seriously, how dreadful is the line "it's so cool to be uncool"? :doodlemanson:

Echoing what Hipster said above, the 'it's cool to be uncool' is not a lyric for the song. She says to MIA, "I know it's not cool to be happy, but ... It's actually really cool to be uncool." (In between, MIA begins to share her opinion that she thinks it *is* in fact cool to be happy, so ... they are agreeing on the vibe, but coming at it from different phraseology.)

the nanana bit is the bridge! They clearly state that... seeing as the bridge often is a variation on the song's original structure and sound it's hard to judge this snippet, but it does sound like fun!!!

I think you hear Madonna say, "She [MIA] needs to do the bridge and the nanana..." So, I think the 'nanana' is separate from the bridge (although, it may echo a similar melodic phrase). As stated above, I think the nanana is the outro. But whatever the case, it's not like it's the chorus or verse, people. Calm down! (Not aimed at you, Rob, but the ones who are in meltdown about there being poor songwriting craft, etc.)

I think you hear Madonna say, "She [MIA] needs to do the bridge and the nanana..." So, I think the 'nanana' is separate from the bridge (although, it may echo a similar melodic phrase). As stated above, I think the nanana is the outro. But whatever the case, it's not like it's the chorus or verse, people. Calm down! (Not aimed at you, Rob, but the ones who are in meltdown about there being poor songwriting craft, etc.)

People in meltdown over a new Madonna leak/snippet?? No way....!!! :dramatic:;)

I really like everything I've heard so far - "Masterpiece" is exquisite, the GAYL demo is as catchy as hell and the 12-second snippet of BS is a lot of fun.

I really like everything I've heard so far - "Masterpiece" is exquisite, the GAYL demo is as catchy as hell and the 12-second snippet of BS is a lot of fun.

agreed.

Guest groovyguy

So super excited about this new era!

What I love most from the video is MIA all bubbly, laughing, and having fun. I was kinda concerned she was going down as a "rent-a-rapper" for this album, doing it just for the money and nothing more.

What I love most from the video is MIA all bubbly, laughing, and having fun. I was kinda concerned she was going down as a "rent-a-rapper" for this album, doing it just for the money and nothing more.

Ditto.

Never in a million years would i think of seeing M with MIA in a recording studio making music...so cool! we need more footage.

From Drowned Madonna

Martin Solveig just showed his pride for Madonna's Birthday Song he co-produced.

"Sometimes it's cool to be uncool! I'm actually super proud of this song. #MDNA coming soon" Solveig tweeted a few minutes ago.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The snippet is horrific. Sounds like the new Seasame Street theme song, like childrens music, but ONLY a snippet so who knows!

I hope this isn't what she described as Solveig's "happy" sound at the Press conference last night when she said she did a good majority of the album with him.

It WOULD make sense as this children's song stuff sounds like nothing else out there :nocomment:

I hope this isn't what she described as Solveig's "happy" sound at the Press conference last night when she said she did a good majority of the album with him.

It WOULD make sense as this children's song stuff sounds like nothing else out there :nocomment:

It makes totally sense! This is the happy sound she was talking about! :lmao:

it's a BIRTHDAY SONG, it is supposed to be 'HAPPY'.... do we expect it to be in the serious veins of FROZEN or MER GIRL?

i followed a crow to your grave

the ground was concave

so i sifted through your decay

right there on your birthday

it's a BIRTHDAY SONG, it is supposed to be 'HAPPY'.... do we expect it to be in the serious veins of FROZEN or MER GIRL?

yeah. I wasn't referring to the Birthday song but the overall sound of the album though

watch the clips of her answering questions on the album last night-maybe you'll get what I mean