M's New Album Title: M.D.N.A.

Flip The Switch

But MDNA isn't initials for her name.It's just a few letters omitted from her name. :lmao:

DNA: Noun: Deoxyribonucleic acid, a self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is The fundamental and distinctive characteristics of someone or something, esp. when regarded as unchangeable.

Madonna has always been about ambiguity and multiple meanings and word association. She knows it stirs things up and it usually works in her favour! I love the whole M.D.N.A title. :clap:

Your absolutely right. I guess I'm just very curious of her interpretation of the title, if she is really serious about the title.

it's a shortening, which is sorta like initials.

Of course. ;) I do like it, because it's not something conventional or expected.

Because her name's not Madomma.

You took the words right out of my...fingers.

But MDNA isn't initials for her name.It's just a few letters omitted from her name. :lmao:

Yet it doesn't seem to matter. Are you truly that simple Neutrocks? :lmao:

maybe she'll give out pills with every cd purchased and sell them at the concerts!

DNA: Noun: Deoxyribonucleic acid, a self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is The fundamental and distinctive characteristics of someone or something, esp. when regarded as unchangeable.

But shouldn't it be "M's DNA? I don't believe DNA has ever used periods to serve as initials and according to Madonna.com and her FACEBOOK, they do confirm it's M.D.N.A. not MDNA! And, other than she can name the album any damn way she pleases, technically, the periods can't replace letters if it's going to serve as her name.

Again, I am just discussing the possibilities. I am not doubting the official site and facebook. But it seems according to what was said about her interview with Graham Norton, she was joking around about the title, but as someone said before, maybe she was joking about changing her mind.

Can't wait to see what unfolds in the next few weeks. ;)

But shouldn't it be "M's DNA? I don't believe DNA has ever used periods to serve as initials and according to Madonna.com and her FACEBOOK, they do confirm it's M.D.N.A. not MDNA! And, other than she can name the album any damn way she pleases, technically, the periods can't replace letters if it's going to serve as her name.

Again, I am just discussing the possibilities. I am not doubting the official site and facebook. But it seems according to what was said about her interview with Graham Norton, she was joking around about the title, but as someone said before, maybe she was joking about changing her mind.

Ugh.

The full stops are to encourage the reader to state each letter individually. Rather than names like mstrkrft. Em dee en ay.

Guest groovyguy

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=d.n.a.&pbx=1&oq=d.n.a.&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=0l0l1l15012l0l0l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=a76f04b08dc68692&biw=1366&bih=617

Images for d.n.a. - Report images

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvEagLLszm74r0bmHzIDTmiPq3zSfqWPB5m8H96vBUbZ2kFFlWimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzl9pcijSL4w-vEeoDYrwjb5B3fRpd3xR2IA6rSAxta6-MYnsBimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWHDoyx_U_FnNrsw_H6S1LN2gXged5DfL1lne_GakBthVl0WgCjQ

In this modern time, whether it's DNA or D.N.A., people take it as the same thing much like USA and U.S.A.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/401-album-title-revealed-are-u-ready-for-m-d-n-a-?.html

The wait is FINALLY over!

Madonna announced her long awaited studio album title "M. D. N. A."

LUV, M, & MADONNA were all rumored titles that were under consideration. Is Madonna focusing on her name, mitochondria, or teasing us with a dance floor drug? Sources say the album is just that...heavy beats that keep us wanting more! Here's to an official release date!!

Like MDMA!

Christ!

aFu_BangingYourHead1.gif

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I know the druggies here think it's drug related, but honestly, i took it as DNA, as in the science, and M for Madonna.

As for the album title changing, it isn't this big complex marketing thing, Madonna said the album is called MDNA, it's also on her Facebook, that's the name. end. No need to read into EVERYTHING like it's some sort of secret message that needs to be broken down when she says something random during an interview.

OK, so what acronyms of it have we come up with? I'm too tired to think of any right now, but there must be a few comedy gems.

Madonna's Denial of Natural Ageing

Madonna Destroys Newcomers Always

Madonna Does New Album

Madonna Does Not Age

Madonna Dithers Not Anymore

Madonna Digs Nubile Ass

Hmm.. *scrambles brain* there's gotta be some classics! Her last producer had Noone Ever Really Dies as his band name.

I know the druggies here think it's drug related, but honestly, i took it as DNA, as in the science, and M for Madonna.

me too the D.N.A is the 1st thing i thought of. it's kinda similar to the rumor that Madonna supposedly says let's get unconscious on E

As for the album title changing, it isn't this big complex marketing thing, Madonna said the album is called MDNA, it's also on her Facebook, that's the name. end. No need to read into EVERYTHING like it's some sort of secret message that needs to be broken down when she says something random during an interview.

Normally I would agree with that and would roll my eyes at all the many meta interpretations of her videos or whatever but while it may not have been intentional at first, they would have saw it would work as a pun and hit the jackpot.

She has had nothing like this except the sheer genius pun of The Immaculate Collection. I expect her to mention in interviews with the title that it does have a drug connotation, but it's not meaning it like that.. she actually spoke of the druggy sound ROL had back then, and since this is Orbit again, it makes perfect sense with that hypnotic/hallucinogenic dancing off your tits at a club sound.

It's reminiscent of the very druggy/psychedelic MGMT anyway - and their name is just the shortened word like she's done by removing letters.

did you take biology in high school?

Yes, and not relevant (an obvious juvenile dig)... and it's still referred as DNA. Do a search and D.N.A is mostly referred as DNA!

Anyway, just having a discussion about it. Forums are here to discuss Madonna. If you don't prefer to look further into the meaning of the album title, then don't. But there are a lot of fans wondering what it actually means. ;)

I don't think it matters whether there are periods- it's the letters themselves. Obviously, it's short for her name, and people can read into any other meaning as they wish.

Madonna once said that she didn't like explaining things, because she liked people to have their own interpretation- why should this be any different.

Yes, and not relevant (an obvious juvenile dig)... and it's still referred as DNA. Do a search and D.N.A is mostly referred as DNA!

Anyway, just having a discussion about it. Forums are here to discuss Madonna. If you don't prefer to look further into the meaning of the album title, then don't. But there are a lot of fans wondering what it actually means. ;)

Ok ;)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Normally I would agree with that and would roll my eyes at all the many meta interpretations of her videos or whatever but while it may not have been intentional at first, they would have saw it would work as a pun and hit the jackpot.

She has had nothing like this except the sheer genius pun of The Immaculate Collection. I expect her to mention in interviews with the title that it does have a drug connotation, but it's not meaning it like that.. she actually spoke of the druggy sound ROL had back then, and since this is Orbit again, it makes perfect sense with that hypnotic/hallucinogenic dancing off your tits at a club sound.

It's reminiscent of the very druggy/psychedelic MGMT anyway - and their name is just the shortened word like she's done by removing letters.

Oh no no, what i meant by secret message wasn't about the title of the album holding a secret message, but Madonna's interview being some sort of hint at the title not actually being MDNA and her trying to trick us ect ect.

She named the album on TV, she also wrote the title on her Facebook, i really don't think there's any "wink in the eye" to us all about the title being false or anything.

Madonna once said that she didn't like explaining things, because she liked people to have their own interpretation- why should this be any different.

exactly. art is something presented for people to interpret. but some people here think that's meaningless because Madonna didn't explain what it means. I really hope she doesn't or to explain it as vaguely as she can :thumbsup: