M's New Album Title: M.D.N.A.

Flip The Switch

Mitochondrial DNA (MDNA) can be regarded as the smallest chromosome, and was the first significant part of the human genome to be sequenced.

In most species, including humans, mDNA is inherited solely from the mother.

That's why I hoped for the colon. Who knows how it's meant to be read though. I hope this reference works!

D-N-A

Madonna!

R-N-A

Mitochondria!

I see you coming and I don't wanna know your membrane

D-N-A

Madonna!

I see you coming and you're gonna have to synthesise your protein

:rotfl: Genius.

you realise its a play on MDMA which is the drug of choice amongst most young people these days, its the best drug around, AMAZING TITLE :lmao:

I wouldn't exactly say the BEST drug.

GaGa said she's happy for Madonna's new title and can't wait to hear it. In the while she's having a few drinks!

Doesn't look like anybody cares.

"every time you use drugs an angel gets an abortion"

Oh my god. Megalols.

Guest Fukujima

D-N-A

Madonna!

R-N-A

Mitochondria!

I see you coming and I don't wanna know your membrane

D-N-A

Madonna!

I see you coming and you're gonna have to synthesise your protein

ahahahah :lmao:

LOVE the title hope she doesn't change her mind at the end

I think it's safe to say that this is the best Madonna album title EVA! OK, second best after The Immaculate Collection.

She's had decent album titles before (bar Hard Candy) but they're functional named after a single ones usually.. rarely do they radiate such wit like this with sly puns.

And such an inspired title is a great sign for anticipation of top form contents. OMG, I'm verklempt. :drama:

I have a feeling, she's yanking everyone's chain since she commented "Unless I change my mind" and joked about the title. Whatever the case, it certainly does generate some buzz and makes people wonder if she's serious and what she really means by calling it "MDNA". A lot of people will definitely insert their own interpretation as many already have. LOL!

I have a feeling, she's yanking everyone's chain since she commented "Unless I change my mind" and joked about the title. Whatever the case, it certainly does generate some buzz and makes people wonder if she's serious and what she really means by calling it "MDNA". A lot of people will definitely insert their own interpretation as many already have. LOL!

I hope not, i love this title! Almost everybody seems to love it.

Guest groovyguy

If it's confirmed on Madonna.com and her official Facebook, I would think that it is true.

If it's confirmed on Madonna.com and her official Facebook, I would think that it is true.

That was my initial thought, but think about it. Madonna is in control here. She's got all the fans/people buzzing about the title, wondering what she really means by it. All at the same time, keeping the real title under wraps. From what I read, she was joking about it all on the Graham Norton show about loving "initials". Though MDNA doesn't even make sense as "initials" even if it's a reference to DNA. And if it's in reference to the drug, why bother to switch out the "M" for an "N".

Whatever the case, it's quite clever of her to reveal what she did. Nice way to start a buzz around the album and the title's meaning.

That was my initial thought, but think about it. Madonna is in control here. She's got all the fans/people buzzing about the title, wondering what she really means by it. All at the same time, keeping the real title under wraps. From what I read, she was joking about it all on the Graham Norton show about loving "initials". Though MDNA doesn't even make sense as "initials" even if it's a reference to DNA. And if it's in reference to the drug, why bother to switch out the "M" for an "N".

I think it makes perfect sense. I also think Madonna likes "multiple meanings" and innuendo. I could be a play on the club drug (which would be an interesting metaphor for a dance album), it could also be a shortened version of "MADONNA" or it could be M+DNA (as someone stated before = music is in her DNA).

I think it works pretty well. Especially in the age of the Internet where everything is abbreviated and quick. I love it more and more when I think about all the possible combinations of meaning. I hope she keeps it. :)

Guest groovyguy

Whatever the case, it's quite clever of her to reveal what she did. Nice way to start a buzz around the album and the title's meaning.

It's more like she was teasing. It'd be a real joke for Madonna.com to report something unconfirmed/not true.

I think it makes perfect sense. I also think Madonna likes "multiple meanings" and innuendo. I could be a play on the club drug (which would be an interesting metaphor for a dance album), it could also be a shortened version of "MADONNA" or it could be M+DNA (as someone stated before = music is in her DNA).

I think it works pretty well. Especially in the age of the Internet where everything is abbreviated and quick. I love it more and more when I think about all the possible combinations of meaning. I hope she keeps it. :)

But if it's a "drug reference", why? She has been pretty clear that she doesn't really endorse a life of drugs. And all the meanings are just speculation of course, but not one of them really makes much sense since Madonna is quite direct about what her album titles are reference to.

I am quite intrigued in her explanation in what it really is pertaining to. I do like the whole DNA (genetic) connection, but "M.D.N.A." doesn't really make sense to that connection.

Exciting times ahead. ;)

Thank you.

So now some people in here don't believe her OFFICIAL facebook page or OFFICIAL website.

Remember she told the same night it was announced that she was "thinking" about doing the Super Bowl but she didn't really say she was going to perform.