M's New Album Title: M.D.N.A.

Flip The Switch

I like it. It does reminds me of M=MC2, but that's ok. Its definitely better than Hard Candy!

Guest bluejean

The thing about it is, and the reason why she can get away with it, is because she doesn't and has never been a drug user.

If she was some Amy Whinehouse type addict it wouldn't really work.

The thing about it is, and the reason why she can get away with it, is because she doesn't and has never been a drug user.

If she was some Amy Whinehouse type addict it wouldn't really work.

I was thinking, what a flop idea for someone like Whitney Houston :lol:

Guest bluejean

No one will think of MC=KFC2 when they hear this title because no one even knows that album exists.

Exactly.

They won't even think of MGMT, who are long forgotten about. They will think of the drug only :lmao:

I don't know why everyone hates the Hard Candy title. I thought it was great as an album title. The artwork was awful, yes, but as an album title it was quite good.

maybe they just don't get it... and I love the artwork... it's provocative in a nice and aweful way...

Guest bluejean

The artwork was horrible.

The album title, well I got used to it. It was okay. But I did like the album.

I don't even love this new album title personally. I expect this one to be better though sound wise since the producers are more my taste.

The only thing lame about that album was the pink candy background. The original background used in the photoshoot was great, they should have left it like that. But aside from that, the title and the album itself were pretty good.

I agree. HC was deffinately not bad album. It was fun, its much better (for me) than AL, Music and BS. I loved most of the song on it minus 4 minutes. It was so not Madonna.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/13/madonna-m-d-n-a-stands-for-madonna-2/

When Madonna was asked what “M.D.N.A.” stands for at the London premiere of W.E., she replied…

What does M.D.N.A. stand for?

Madonna.

I just like to play on words… triple entendre.

I think it’s going to be an exciting year.

On the red carpet, Madonna gave a little interview to British magazine Heat, mentioning her next album…

Heat: Would you ever give up the power of your celebrity for true love?

Madonna: Maybe. Why not?

Heat: You look amazing – what’s your secret?

Madonna: Um, love?

Heat: And Fairy Dust…

Madonna: Yeah that, and fairy dust. I don’t have a secret, just being happy.

Heat: Would you ever consider making a musical about your life?

Madonna: Oh God no!

Heat: Would you sanction one though?

Madonna: Why not, Yeah. Aren’t all my records and everything I do over the years, the musical of my life anyway? More or less.

Heat: Are you aware your album title “M.D.N.A.” sounds like the class-A drug “MDMA”?

Madonna: It sounds like my name MA-DONN-A – where is your head at, baby?

LUV the bitch! :lmao:

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/13/madonna-m-d-n-a-stands-for-madonna-2/

When Madonna was asked what “M.D.N.A.” stands for at the London premiere of W.E., she replied…

What does M.D.N.A. stand for?

Madonna.

I just like to play on words… triple entendre.

I think it’s going to be an exciting year.

On the red carpet, Madonna gave a little interview to British magazine Heat, mentioning her next album…

Heat: Would you ever give up the power of your celebrity for true love?

Madonna: Maybe. Why not?

Heat: You look amazing – what’s your secret?

Madonna: Um, love?

Heat: And Fairy Dust…

Madonna: Yeah that, and fairy dust. I don’t have a secret, just being happy.

Heat: Would you ever consider making a musical about your life?

Madonna: Oh God no!

Heat: Would you sanction one though?

Madonna: Why not, Yeah. Aren’t all my records and everything I do over the years, the musical of my life anyway? More or less.

Heat: Are you aware your album title “M.D.N.A.” sounds like the class-A drug “MDMA”?

Madonna: It sounds like my name MA-DONN-A – where is your head at, baby?

LUV the bitch! :lmao:

:D:lmao::D:lmao:

I fucking love her!

This album title palaver is like the best controversy in 20 years. :dramatic: Recently some of them have been a bit facepalm and "been there done that", but when there's actual substance behind it and wit, it's so good it doesn't matter all about the publicity attention seeking aspect. No one does it better!

maybe they just don't get it...

Now now, mtzlllplllkkkk don't get all patronising :noway: Really, what is there to get? What annoyed me most was the description of it (don't even think it was her, was a press release, no?), the JUXTAPOSITION. No, really? Talk about cringeworthy.

She may as well have called it Tough Cookie. It's true that it DOES quintessentially encapsulate Madonna in a way, but it's marginally less lazy than Reinvention. And unfortunately there was a movie of that name at the time. Then you add in the grotesque cover which illustrated the "concept" further and you have a hot mess. It just sounded so underwhelming and cheesy when that was announced as the title.

this era seems more exciting than anything since the lead up to the release of Music. i dont know why exactly. MDNA is one of the best album titles ive heard in years.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't know why everyone hates the Hard Candy title. I thought it was great as an album title. The artwork was awful, yes, but as an album title it was quite good.

I think the whole album is a little unfairly bashed around here, it's not THAT bad. It's a good album, just 4 years too late and feels a bit lazy in places with the recycled production.

Well I love the album, most importantly the actual contents, but you could say that overall the Hard Candy left a bad taste. :doofus: Packaging would never be something I focused on and I'm primarily into the music as any fan would be, but this almost demanded it.

I hate Hard Candy anyway, it rots your teeth and is too difficult to eat. :electropop: Prefer nice soft chewy stuff. I'd love to have that Limited Edition though. :rotfl: That at least was a great rarity and nice packaging which she's not the best at for collectors.

To go back to the title, it has so many meanings if you look at the DNA angle.. the mothers chromosome, she is the mother of pop.. her DNA feeds it all etc which is true. :asian:

Now now, mtzlllplllkkkk don't get all patronising :noway: Really, what is there to get? What annoyed me most was the description of it (don't even think it was her, was a press release, no?), the JUXTAPOSITION. No, really? Talk about cringeworthy.

She may as well have called it Tough Cookie. It's true that it DOES quintessentially encapsulate Madonna in a way, but it's marginally less lazy than Reinvention. And unfortunately there was a movie of that name at the time. Then you add in the grotesque cover which illustrated the "concept" further and you have a hot mess. It just sounded so underwhelming and cheesy when that was announced as the title.

That film was released years before, not at the same time.