M's New Album Title: M.D.N.A.

Flip The Switch

So basically she's pandering to the circuit fags. Good lord, and people bash Kylie relentlessly for it but somehow when Queen Madonna does it, it's brilliant ...

Let's wait until Madonna *explains* the title before we jump to conclusions! It's normal for the media to assume things that aren't true.It's a shame that some of her "fans" behave the same way :eyeroll:

http://www.nme.com/news/madonna/61389

Anti-drugs campaigners hit out at Madonna over 'MDNA' album title

Cannabis Skunk Sense have called Madge's new LP title 'ill advised'

Madonna has been criticized by anti-drug campaigners over her decision to title her new studio album 'MDNA'.

The singer revealed the title of her 12th studio album during a pre-recorded interview with Graham Norton for his BBC1 show yesterday (January 11) and has said it will be released on March 12.

Though the album title is an abbreviation of Madonna's name, it is also similar in sound to the name of Class A drug MDMA and for this reason it has been criticized by anti-drug campaigners.

Lucy Dawe, a spokesperson for the campaign group Cannabis Skunk Sense told The Sun that Madonna's choice of album title was "an ill advised decision".

Madonna will release the album's first single 'Gimme All Your Luvin' in the last week of January, shortly before she takes to the stage to perform during the half-time show of Super Bowl XLVI on February 5. The track, which leaked onto the internet last year, features appearances from both Nicki Minaj and MIA.

The album is Madonna's first since 2008's 'Hard Candy' and has been produced by William Orbit and Martin Solveig.

And the controversy begins :lol:

Uhm, did you watch the clip where she explains the meaning of the title?? What do you think the "triple entendre" includes, if a drug reference is not part of what she's suggesting? Are people really that stupid to think Madonna is going to name her album something so similar to a club drug and not realize it?

Uhm, did you watch the clip where she explains the meaning of the title?? What do you think the "triple entendre" includes, if a drug reference is not part of what she's suggesting? Are people really that stupid to think Madonna is going to name her album something so similar to a club drug and not realize it?

And so what?

Guest groovyguy

I cant believe that a title of an album that consists of 4 wordsletters is getting so much attention.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/gossip/110--pop/madonna-names-album-mdna-causes-twitter-trend-162418902.html

Madonna names new album MDNA, causes Twitter trend

Madonna sent fans into a Twitter frenzy this afternoon after revealing her new album will be called MDNA.

The pop legend was being interviewed for an episode of 'The Graham Norton Show' when she let slip the new title.

Madge told the TV presenter it would be named MDNA because she is "currently into initials".

The four letters instantly started trending on Twitter with music fans speculating as to whether it did stand for a shortened version of her name, or whether it ACTUALLY had a more hidden meaning relating to the drug in Ecstasy MDMA.

One tweeted @HarrietJayneJax posted: "Madonna has called her upcoming album #MDNA quirky name abbreviation orrrrrr?"

While another said: "@the_spiz MDNA is the closest that Madonna listeners can get to ecstasy..."

Madonna's new single 'Gimmie All Your Lovin'' is set for its first play next month - on February 7. The track features Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.

[another breathless excited loomer post]OMG I love it, it's exactly what I said earlier - a three way pun, or triple entendre which is a suitably genius way of putting it. We know what the first two are - drug/name.

The exact meaning of the DNA bit could be looked at different ways, but yes.. definitely at least 3 clear ways of reading it and there are different interpretations within that plus tons more if you wanna acronym it. God :inlove:

Of course I was very much keen on new music/tour etc but I never thought I'd be so excited by this era. Compare this to a couple of weeks ago last year and expectations were considerably lower. But then now we're into Oh Twelve, the year of Vadge. Old. But sexy. :dramatic: [/another breathless excited loomer post]

Guest Not4Pussies

a friend of mine who is not a madonna fan and who talks shit about her to make fun just cause he knows i like her very much

asked me about MDNA

and i explained to him the various meanings it may represent. his response

"what a smart ass bitch."

She is indeed a VERY smart woman. No wonder why she is where she is.

The title is pure genius. Only MADONNA could come with something like this. :thumbsup:

Does that mean that How High is also a drug reference?