Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

I'm pretty antsy for the eventual deluge to come, but I have some thoughts about the strategy for M's release.

Thankfully, she's not a new artist. She's an established one in virtually every corner of the world. I think there is such a thing as overexposure. If I could wish for anything, I'd hope this release mirrors what has happened to Adele's 21. It wasn't instantaneously huge, but it got there eventually spawning 2 global #1's so far (with "Set Fire To the Rain" looking to continue the pattern). As we all can predict, she will also clean house at the Grammy's.

It would be nearsighted to only hope for an immediate big splash. Is it impossible for Madonna to have a release that builds in momentum over time? I would certainly hope not. Maybe overexposure and too much hype are the last things we need. Maybe the folks at Interscope are going to pace everything very evenly with the upcoming tour and for the rest of the year.

For me, a slow, graceful, gorgeous burn to the top will do just fine. :dramatic:

I'm pretty antsy for the eventual deluge to come, but I have some thoughts about the strategy for M's release.

Thankfully, she's not a new artist. She's an established one in virtually every corner of the world. I think there is such a thing as overexposure. If I could wish for anything, I'd hope this release mirrors what has happened to Adele's 21. It wasn't instantaneously huge, but it got there eventually spawning 2 global #1's so far (with "Set Fire To the Rain" looking to continue the pattern). As we all can predict, she will also clean house at the Grammy's.

It would be nearsighted to only hope for an immediate big splash. Is it impossible for Madonna to have a release that builds in momentum over time? I would certainly hope not. Maybe overexposure and too much hype are the last things we need. Maybe the folks at Interscope are going to pace everything very evenly with the upcoming tour and for the rest of the year.

For me, a slow, graceful, gorgeous burn to the top will do just fine. :dramatic:

Whether we like it or not, it might just happen this way and in her best interest. I think it could be a good thing,

Guest Not4Pussies

it would be nice for a change if we had a slow paced era. 4 to 5 proper singles along with the tour.

an era that really lasts and resonates for a while.

it would be nice for a change if we had a slow paced era. 4 to 5 proper singles along with the tour.

but that only works for radio darlings like RIHANNA or KATY PERRY...

Guest bluejean

If I could wish for anything, I'd hope this release mirrors what has happened to Adele's 21. It wasn't instantaneously huge, but it got there eventually spawning 2 global #1's so far (with "Set Fire To the Rain" looking to continue the pattern). As we all can predict, she will also clean house at the Grammy's.

APRD65.jpg

Interscope is the one behind Gaga promotion right? Their measures screams overexposure so i dont think it will be a slow start. I believe they will do everything to boost this album not only because its MADONNA but mainly because this is their usual way of work...

Guest groovyguy

Interscope is the one behind Gaga promotion right? Their measures screams overexposure so i dont think it will be a slow start. I believe they will do everything to boost this album not only because its MADONNA but mainly because this is their usual way of work...

Will Interscope be handling the promo for M? I thought that Interscope would only be responsible for her distribution and not her management and that Madonna’s affairs and promo are still handled by Live Nation.

Guest bluejean

Will Interscope be handling the promo for M? I thought that Interscope would only be responsible for her distribution and not her management and that Madonna’s affairs and promo are still handled by Live Nation.

I'm pretty sure the press release said they would handle promotion as well although I can't remember for sure

All I meant with my comment about being tired of waiting is, the single is supposedly out in a 2-3 weeks, a huge performance a month from today, and an album release shortly after that... and we don't even know the name of the album that we are all supposed to be getting excited about and ready to line up and buy.

Not knowing all of that information forces her fans to keep checking over and over, and believe me, the build up is higher that way. Plus, it leaves less room for disappointment later.

The marketing for the era has sucked so far. So little information, considering how much time is left until the actual release. I'm definitely going to buy the album, I love her. But, I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of not getting information. It's the age of the internet, information is fleeting. I just think they are missing the mark here. She needs a new management team.

Look at the build up for Gaga for example. Announcing the BTW title, and it's supposed message, made people think that the album would be a manifesto or something. But it wasn't. It didn't help that she called it the best album of the decade, I know. But, if this new generation already knew the title and it's tracklist they would have moved on to anticipating something else. Two weeks is forever in the current news cycle and internet era so why waste all the buzz early to satisfy some inpatient fans? It's all about exposure and timing.

Guest groovyguy

I'm pretty sure the press release said they would handle promotion as well although I can't remember for sure

Not sure if the following article is accurate:

http://thelavalizard.com/2011/12/madonna-signs-three-album-deal-with-interscope/

The fact that MadonnaÂ’s new albums will be released via the same label that houses Lady Gaga might cause rampant speculation about a conflict of interest but there is absolutely no real issue here because Interscope would only be responsible for her distribution and not her management. Indeed, MadonnaÂ’s affairs are still handled by Live Nation

All I meant with my comment about being tired of waiting is, the single is supposedly out in a 2-3 weeks, a huge performance a month from today, and an album release shortly after that... and we don't even know the name of the album that we are all supposed to be getting excited about and ready to line up and buy. The marketing for the era has sucked so far. So little information, considering how much time is left until the actual release. I'm definitely going to buy the album, I love her. But, I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of not getting information. It's the age of the internet, information is fleeting. I just think they are missing the mark here. She needs a new management team.

I hate to be one of the moaners here, but I agree with all of this. Anywayy when the album comes up I know I will be satisfied but the promotion sucks so far.

Not sure if the following article is accurate:

http://thelavalizard...ith-interscope/

The fact that Madonna’s new albums will be released via the same label that houses Lady Gaga might cause rampant speculation about a conflict of interest but there is absolutely no real issue here because Interscope would only be responsible for her distribution and not her management. Indeed, Madonna’s affairs are still handled by Live Nation

That really sucks then. They're really good with promotion and youtube exposure.

Guest groovyguy

Gimme All Your Luvin' with Nicki's rap Snippet??? (Really bad quality audio)

http://bitchyf.blogspot.com/

MAD_MIA_MINAJ.png

In the comments made on the snippet, some claim that the real version was leaked on YouTube earlier but quickly removed.

"They changed the key..."

"the version in youtube now is fake yeah you are right her voice is like a Donald Duck, the real version was deleted once it leaked but i have it and it's so much better than this"

"i downloaded the real version once it is leaked and it's just a few hours and i didn't find it at any site"

The bad quality audio sounds like a bad copy and paste job! Really awfull and it doesn't gel.... and uses the exact same bit of audio as can be heard in the demo... I say fake!

Gimme All Your Luvin' with Nicki's rap Snippet??? (Really bad quality audio)

http://bitchyf.blogspot.com/

MAD_MIA_MINAJ.png

In the comments made on the snippet, some claim that the real version was leaked on YouTube earlier but quickly removed.

"They changed the key..."

"the version in youtube now is fake yeah you are right her voice is like a Donald Duck, the real version was deleted once it leaked but i have it and it's so much better than this"

"i downloaded the real version once it is leaked and it's just a few hours and i didn't find it at any site"

nicki's rap is from playtime is over

Guest Not4Pussies

what's great is that M and her team are not the ones hyping it up

cuz u know what happens when artists and their teams hype up their albums you know by calling them

the album of the decade and then look what happens.

the only people hyping the new M album are the fans.

let the album speak for itself

I hate to be one of the moaners here, but I agree with all of this. Anywayy when the album comes up I know I will be satisfied but the promotion sucks so far.

Get a grip. There is nothing to promote at this time. I keep reading from various fans "promotion sucks so far" or something like this. You have to have a product out in distribution before you can promote. I mean? What kind of promotion can anyone do here when the product isn't available until the end of the month. The beans haven't been spilled yet, because the product isn't ready to be distributed or talked about. Kinda silly to talk about a product and give out any info when the whole thing won't be released until the end of the month (or for the album in two months). What's wrong with the info we have so far?? Single available for radio at the end of the month. Why can't you be satisfied with that? Any other info won't get you any closer to the song or the album. Why must you have to know all the songs or lyrics, when back in the day, the whole fun of the album was to purchase it and learn of everything when it's in your hands. All they can do is talk about it, but what's the point of doing that when we have weeks til the actual single is available and two months before the album.