Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

Adam Lambert is helping to promote the Queen.

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981028813

Adam Lambert 'Raves' about Madonna's 'M.D.N.A.' Album Title

January 16, 2012

Adam Lambert took to Twitter today to comment about the title Madonna recently announced for her upcoming album. He really liked the title and shared his opinion with his more than 1.3 million followers. Adam tweeted, "Madonna's new album is called 'M.D.N.A.' hahah Genius!!!!" What exactly does he think is genius about the title? In addition to being an abbreviation of her name, many think the title has a double meaning, related to the drug Ecstasy. Ecstasy is known scientifically as methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or "MDMA." Obviously, Madonna's album title varies a little, using an "N" instead of an "M," but it still seems like a play on the drug name.

Apparently many of Adam's fans did not get it, because he followed up with another tweet, "Oye. So many replies that don't get the title. Hello.... Ever been to a rave? Or know what those are??" For those unaware, a "rave" is a party featuring electronic music, often involving Ecstasy and other drug use. Adam is not the only one that made the association between the album title and the drug. Although, unlike Adam, some don't see it as such great idea. The UK's MNE reports that, "Lucy Dawe, a spokesperson for the campaign group Cannabis Skunk Sense, told The Sun that Madonna's choice of album title was 'an ill advised decision'."

Adam Lambert has said that when he was younger, he was a "club kid," so he has probably had his fair share of rave experiences. But even if you have not experienced a rave or MDMA yourself, you might agree that Madonna's album title is clever. What do you think? Do you agree with Adam that it's genius?

Shouldn't this be in the FLOP Princesses Section?

Guest ditaluver

i have a feeling some pretty cool shit is gonna go down with this release ...maybe even a contest to get up on stage with the lady herself :dramatic:

even saw some info on cover art design contests....

i have a feeling some pretty cool shit is gonna go down with this release ...maybe even a contest to get up on stage with the lady herself :dramatic:

I would pay good money to get up on stage with her....so I can belt her across the face with my Bootleg Re-Invention Tour DVD as punishment for not giving us an official release! That would show the bitch!

Guest groovyguy

Posted on Drownedmadonna forum:

y4nCSz.png

It seems that Jeff guy has connections with Interscope and has leaked a lot of accurate Gaga info.

jeff1317 hate the demo

jeff1317 Jeff

Give Me All Your Love sounds like the kind of song everyone would (justifiably imo) hate on if it wasn't by someone like Madonna.

11/08/2011

Well i checked the guy's Following section and i did not know there were so many Twitter accounts devoted to promote Gaga.....

What is the English translation fore the cartoon? My foreign-language speaking's a bit rusty.

3 2 1 ACTION

Nicky: Hey cheese spread aren't you disgusted with this thing?

Mya: What do you think Ho? Of course I am but it's hers. Do I make myself clear? So just play along and smile.

Madonna: Stooop! What fucking ACTION are you talking about? Let me get down. I got blocked up here.

Looks like someone has been trolling here and posting my scans again :bad: they've shopped it, mind you. I do think the Madonna discussion areas are the most important ones to lock and require registration for, but what can you do.

Why does it say "Not in Neighbours, in the charts" :lol:

Madge was the name of a popular character in a TV show called Neighbours. :sassy:

bluejean is a flop Aussie! Although not really, as no one watches it there. Wise. :queenbitch:

the NME havn't bothered to write anything about her for the past couple of years so this is amazing to see they are hyped about MDNA.

IKR. I stopped buying it years ago but I do sometimes read it in the shops, when I saw it was a 2012 albums special I thought I would check through it to see if she was there and to my amazement they included her.

I thought now she was older she was no longer NME fodder, and well they just didn't like her music for years.. I wouldn't even expect a review of the new album so this was a surprise. Admittedly it was the writer who wrote the rave review for COAD but great nonetheless.