Madonna 2012 New Album Thread

Chuck82

A radio impact date is the official date that the label "gores for" radio adds (stations officially adding a track to their playlist). if a track hitys radio before that date, many stations add the track in advance of the official date. With anticipated singles, the impact date is a formality.

Yeah, some are actually confusing the term "impact date" with "release date". I imagine the Feb. 7th is a prediction which is a good prediction and makes sense. After all, two days prior she would have just performed the song among millions at the Superbowl. You can bet by Feb. 6th people will be requesting it more and possibly trying to purchase it. By Tuesday, it will make a great impact on radio. You can bet her label will be pushing for the song to request more adds then if the public hasn't already demanded it to be added by then.

I'm loving the idea that we know very little behind the whole album regarding the confirmed songs, lyrics and even how different the lead single is going to be. It reminds me of the old days when the album was released is when we found out what was really on the album. It's the way it should be. Though, I highly doubt we'll be clueless to the album tracks and what some of the songs sound like by the end of March. But with the clamp down on the leaks, it's going to make it a little harder to leak this early. Good for Madonna.

Yeah, some are actually confusing the term "impact date" with "release date". I imagine the Feb. 7th is a prediction which is a good prediction and makes sense. After all, two days prior she would have just performed the song among millions at the Superbowl. You can bet by Feb. 6th people will be requesting it more and possibly trying to purchase it. By Tuesday, it will make a great impact on radio. You can bet her label will be pushing for the song to request more adds then if the public hasn't already demanded it to be added by then.

I'm loving the idea that we know very little behind the whole album regarding the confirmed songs, lyrics and even how different the lead single is going to be. It reminds me of the old days when the album was released is when we found out what was really on the album. It's the way it should be. Though, I highly doubt we'll be clueless to the album tracks and what some of the songs sound like by the end of March. But with the clamp down on the leaks, it's going to make it a little harder to leak this early. Good for Madonna.

If the song is good, then yes.

If the song is good, then yes.

No matter what some think of it, the song will get a boost in sales and airplay after the Superbowl. But yes, how widely acceptable the song is, will determine how big of an impact it will have in sales and on radio thereafter.

No matter what some think of it, the song will get a boost in sales and airplay after the Superbowl. But yes, how widely acceptable the song is, will determine how big of an impact it will have in sales and on radio thereafter.

would love to see a video tease!!!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/396-madonna-new-album-and-single-latest-news-on-the-radio-and-digital-release-of-gimme-all-your-luvin-more-newsbits.html

News on the Radio and Digital Release of Gimme All Your Luvin & More Newsbits

Besides what it's scheduled on AllAccess.com, according to DrownedMadonna.com, the radio and digital release of Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin is still tentatively planned for January 15th.

We heard that, even though the melody is not so different from the demo that earlier leaked online, the final version of Gimme All Your Luvin is described harder, with a lot of bass and beats.

Last but not least, we heard that they are having some second thoughts about Masterpiece. Since it doesn't fit the album very well, they have some last minute doubts. Therefore, there are some possibilities that Masterpiece will not be included in the album. We have to wait and see.

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/396-madonna-new-album-and-single-latest-news-on-the-radio-and-digital-release-of-gimme-all-your-luvin-more-newsbits.html

Besides what it's scheduled on AllAccess.com, according to DrownedMadonna.com, the radio and digital release of Madonna's Gimme All Your Luvin is still tentatively planned for January 15th.

We heard that, even though the melody is not so different from the demo that earlier leaked online, the final version of Gimme All Your Luvin is described harder, with a lot of bass and beats.

Last but not least, we heard that they are having some second thoughts about Masterpiece. Since it doesn't fit the album very well, they have some last minute doubts. Therefore, there are some possibilities that Masterpiece will not be included in the album. We have to wait and see.

I can't wait. We're almost there :wow:

Thank god...masterpiece is shitty

Since it doesn't fit the album very well, they have some last minute doubts. Therefore, there are some possibilities that Masterpiece will not be included in the album. We have to wait and see.

Bang Bang is in the same vein as Masterpiece... plus it a Golden Globe nominee... Don't tell me they are still into this "make-it-album-only-in-the-soundtrack-so-that-fans-will-buy-the-soundtrack".... They should've learned that a long time ago with Austin Powers (Beautiful Stranger) and The Next Best Thing (American Pie/Time Stood Still)...

Is G_O_N_E the source?

Thank god...masterpiece is shitty

I wouldn't count on it be "excluded" at this time. Madonna even said last month in an interview it would be included. Yes, there is a possibility she changed her mind since, but the truth of the matter is, there a sequence to releasing an album. A physical format would most likely be set in stone right now, as they will be pressing them soon.

So GAYL is basically the leaked demo with minor changes. I predict a suicidal wave on January 15th. :chuckle:

Wrong! There is no confirmation of such a thing. Also, there are a lot of people who did like the DEMO, so even if it's similar, it may do great. Seriously, do you really think the song will have "MINOR CHANGES" when two new artists have been added to the song and the title of the song has been changed? Maybe it's the same, but I don't get why you have to be so pessimistic all the time? :wacko:

So GAYL is basically the leaked demo with minor changes. I predict a suicidal wave on January 15th. :chuckle:

I predict that it will have the same melody and lyrics,but the *sound* will be much different.I bet it will sound more hip-hop than the demo,which is more electro-pop.

Guest groovyguy

Wrong! There is no confirmation of such a thing. Also, there are a lot of people who did like the DEMO, so even if it's similar, it may do great. Seriously, do you really think the song will have "MINOR CHANGES" when two new artists have been added to the song and the title of the song has been changed? Maybe it's the same, but I don't get why you have to be so pessimistic all the time? :wacko:

First off, the demo is 3:27 while the album version is reported to be about 1 minute longer.

According to rumors (not from G.O.N.E but from the person who first leaked the GAYL lyrics), the melody is the same as the leaked demo but the album version has:

- longer intro

- longer breakdown

- Nicki & M.I.A. chanting

- rap

- stronger bass

- harder beats

Guest groovyguy

Super Bowl on Feb 5th. Radio impacting day on Feb 7th. Valentine's Day on Feb 14th. It's gonna be very interesting to see how GAYL does after Super Bowl and I think the song - Gimme All Your Luvin' - is also perfect for Valentine's Day.

First off, the demo is 3:27 while the album version is reported to be about 1 minute longer.

According to rumors (not from G.O.N.E but from the person who first leaked the GAYL lyrics), the melody is the same as the leaked demo but the album version has:

- longer intro

- longer breakdown

- Nicki & M.I.A. chanting

- rap

- stronger bass

- harder beats

Well, sounds like that is more than just "MINOR" changes. ;) But I don't necessarily buy into these "rumors" as many of them so far have not even been true. We will all find out soon enough. Whatever the case, I doubt I'll be disappointed if it sounds more like the demo since I enjoy the demo. But with a new title change and new artists involved, it's possible, the song was completely re-hauled and re-recorded. Listening to a lot of her past leaks, there have been some huge differences from DEMOS to the final product or what is believe to be the final product. "Keep The Trance" to "Hey You" is a good example.

Super Bowl on Feb 5th. Radio impacting day on Feb 7th. Valentine's Day on Feb 14th. It's gonna be very interesting to see how GAYL does after Super Bowl and I think the song - Gimme All Your Luvin' - is also perfect for Valentine's Day.

I'm excited. It's hard to tell how well it will be received. I suspect in the U.S. there will be much apprehension, but I think with the Superbowl, it's possible she can really gain some respect and attention. I'm actually hoping the U.S. will embrace her on a similar level as she was in the 80's, but give her far more respect and credit.